War Matchmaking Issue -- Proposed Solutions (Developer response: post 107)

short answer= no

mainly cause the mismatches aren’t necessarily happening due to the amount of heroes&troops used to calc war score

the mismatches with new vs weak is due to past performance

the mismatches at less than 30 is due to the limited options in a ladder system for each ring of the ladder.

with the current restrictions in place and the system forced to find every alliance a match, mismatches are going to happen. especially when number of members is such a limiting factor in the matchmaking

say you have a top 10 team who always sits at 30 members

well if they drop to 29, they’re going to be faced with the closest team in war score that only has 29 members

that just basically disregarded depth and past performance and mainly looked at the number of members.(to clarify, yes matchmaking did look at the war score comparison but # of members trumped that comparison, it can match a top 10 team with a top 50 team this way and also works outside the top 100 as well)
which is where part of the problem is but pretty hard to say there is a concrete fix without mismatching teams who differ in number of active participants and handicapping the one with more members.

using more heroes and troops for war calc wouldn’t fix that i believe

7 Likes

Has this started? If so, I’m a fan. I’m not nearly as well versed on war mechanics as some… but I know a little.

It seems like our war matches have been far more balanced recently. We haven’t won them all, but they’ve all been close. We’re not seeing the super obvious mismatches any longer.

Unfortunately, a lots of alliances have a quite different experience. Today Facebook groups are flooded with posts about unfair matchmaking. Like 86k war score against 128k…
In our case is just less than 3k, but stil, they have most of the teams above 4200, where we have only 6 (for 12 players on the field). So something is not right here…

Interesting! There’s 15 points difference between my alliance war score and our opponents.

When the alliance’s power gap got too far, the war ended in absolute defeat

Have you actually seen this thread? Balanced? I don`t think so.

2 Likes

this is called a massacre

I see this as very easy to exploit. All that one needs to do is purposely tank to lower their war score.

I don’t see it any better than the current system with alliances being reformed to generate lower matches and thus easier wins.

How is this to be achieved?

1 Like

I guess they’d need to lose in order to win :grin:

1 Like

:shushing_face: I wanted them to think it through…

2 Likes

If you mean lose a battle to lower their war score the system always been that way. I don’t see a way to fix the system. Even with players war score taken into account because for war a few players in a alliance can leave, join other alliances for one war. Some will win and some will lose but when they rejoin their real alliance it will screw up the system due to some players won while other have lost. Player war score only works when the entire alliance wins then shuffles.

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: I think you’re the one going in circles, round and round! :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

I think this might help to mitigate the problem … since experiments aren’t working (player individual performance from what i understood).

Umm…attack with 1* or 2*, flee, attack with a single hero, attack with healers, etc.

Totally with you!!! Our alliance keeps getting matched with alliances that are 300-400 power higher than our best players and they have like 85% 4000+ on power and clearly are much higher than us. This keeps happening for 3 or 4 in a row and then we get 1 or 2 with a decent matching where we actually have a chance. We haven’t had any where we were the clearly higher mismatch. The problem with algorithms is that numbers may tell one story, but common sense observing the situation will tell you that the numbers don’t mean ■■■■! It has gotten so bad that we have an entire alliance where people are talking about quitting the game!!!

2 Likes

This won’t be a problem, since fighting ONE war with any alliance will reset their chest, which is the whole point of shuffling… opening a new chest every 2,5 weeks.

Your looking at the war chest and I’m talking about alliances that want wins. People I talk to that shuffle do this because the chest are nerfed and they no longer care about the chests only wins.

My point is already being talked about on other boards. Long story, short people are planning ways to beat the player war score. Most people are not concerned about the chest. I read on another thread here that some alliances beat rare titans and no one in the alliance gets the ascension item. Think about that for a second and then ask yourself how much faith you have in getting a “great” chest after 2.5 weeks.

Well, ALL shufflers I’ve talked to, here in the forum or outside of it, do it because of the chests, all of them.

A subproduct is to never let a titan escape, since whenever they shuffle they go back to 1* titans.

This way (they say) they fill war and titan chest very fast, and they always get titan rewards.

Now let me ask you: why an alliance would want only wins if not for the chest? It’s not for war score (like regular alliances) or for the challenge, so the only reward remaining is to open the chest.

It may not always be great, but so far I’ve got 4* AMs every 2-3 100% chests, and ther is always someone getting those, every single chest.

2 Likes

You can only speak for yourself, same as I. As for the chests, many people including myself have noticed the drop over the years so consider yourself lucky. People shuffle to consistency win wars. Granted, some alliances do the 2.5 week thing for the grand chest while others restart after every war. My alliance have played against more new alliances with 1 day members than alliances with 5 to 20 day members. Point being, if the matchmaking was correct and the chest were worth wild more alliance would probably not shuffle. There will always be people that will do whatever to win every war regardless of the prize because for those people winning is the prize. When it comes to titans, events, maps, or raids they are people that find them repetitive including myself and they have lost their appeal. They are alliances that only care about wars. I have a few people in my alliance that only play wars, so it varies from person to person.