War just isn’t fun anymore

The gap between the elite and the casual players just grew and grew to where we are now. I used to really love war but now I’m just running my heroes into walls and giving them mana to fire their broken specials.

13 Likes

Not just these harder defenses, it’s purple tanks almost every war, same setups in rush, same stale rulesets, same formations… just so repetitive.

7 Likes

Ive opted out of the last 2.

Im not even missing it.

4 Likes

Just think of it as a business transaction for a treasure chest- your alliance wins, you fight 5 wars.

They lose- you fight 25 wars.

Everything else is in-between.

I’m surprised there are less war complaints than raid complaints.

2 Likes

If they made heroes on defense gain mana slightly slower than heroes on offense I truly believe it would fix everything and people would feel better. It feels way worse losing an attack on offense than it does losing on defense. It feels horrible when you’re on the attack and you’re entire strategy fails because of a bad board not working.

2 Likes

I agree, it’s worse than not fun, it’s stressful and infuriating, especially if one is a leader, and relied apon for war points… defenses get to many advantages, and war types aren’t good, I don’t care what anyone says, manipulation is real, the board will drought your colors… anyone who’s played long enough, knows this to be true.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s not fun, i only really do it for the hope of getting decent loot from the war chest, yet it rarely do.

3 Likes

I definitely also find them far less exciting and enjoyable than I used to :slight_smile:

If we win, yay!

If we lose… eh… we will open the war chest eventually. And generally it will just be meh.

I find elemental chests much better… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Do you not find it enjoyable because you can’t compete with the elite, or do you not find it enjoyable because it’s too easy and you’re tired of winning?

1 Like

It’s probably a bit of both, and/or because it’s too much based on good/bad boards, but I think we all feel this frustration and annoyance, and always have.

2 Likes

The worst War type:

Equalizer

Not only is it not equal because of when the status effect are removed (right before the enemy makes its moves), but now we have heroes that destroy your whole team just because of the war type effect.

SGG kept to the strict interpretation of “removal”, but not “undispellable”. Makes many of the attacks losses even before you see the starting board.

F*** it.

I’m going to stop leveling up Timius and start on Starwalker and add to the toxicity. Only going to level him up so no one can get anything done in this war type. Maybe, that will make them fix the imbalances…lololololol

WHO AM I KIDDING?! They want more of this garbage.

5 Likes

A member in our Alliance was fighting a Fighter and it proc’d five times. They got their own Heimdall to fire twice and no one was revived. Just balance the game and make all the classes as lame as Barbarian.

6 Likes

This time our oponent has one more on the field

1 Like

6 tickets more really can make the diference

1 Like

Moreover, it is really annoying when you get really bad boards.

2 Likes

I find wars to be one of the highlights of the game.
Of course it can be frustrating, but generally I find it quite thrilling.

1 Like

and it will be more frustrating when you are facing with 4000+ HP Obakans in battles… (with legendary troops)

3 Likes

As with all games, players come up with systems to maximise their chance of winning (uniform tanks, for example). Its up to Zynga to keep players on their toes by finding ways to unsettle and subvert those systems. This way the game doesnt become boring.

Unfortunately, War is as static as every other part of the game. Zynga set up a rotation of war types and just let that run, so everyone knows what war is coming, has a good idea how to set up for it, and settles down to see how the rng is going to treat them with a war matchup - clue: if you won the last 2, expect to get hammered this time, no matter how ypu set up.

7 Likes

Yes, wars need update. For example each week one hero class can’t be used.

1 Like

It stopped being fun long time ago for me. And don’t get me started on crappy war chests.

3 Likes