War and raid scoring is janky

Moderator’s Note

A reminder that Forum Rules prohibit name calling and insults.

And for others, please don’t repeat the inappropriate language in your own posts responding to the OP’s statement. I’ve edited those out. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly.

First, let’s be clear that 500 points of the 1,500 total ris spread around evenly, to short-circuit the strategy of the few best defenders using a strong team and everyone else putting up five 1* feeders.

The remaining 1,000 points are spread around an alliance’s teams based on the proportion of HP. There’s some wonky rounding, but let’s leave that aside.

Let’s take a simple example. There are three of us in an alliance. We each happen to have teams with HP (after troop effects are included) of 7,000. So, each team is worth the same: 167 from the the 500 base, plus 334 for the HP weight (all numbers round up), for a total of 501.

Now suppose I change my defense team and troops, so my team now has (troop-adjusted) HP of 7,200. My team now has a higher proportion of the alliance’s HP (7200/23000 = 33.9%) and so gets 340 points for the HP plus 167 = 507. The other two team are now each a smaller proportion (7000/23000 = 33.0%), so they are now worth less: 330 + 167 = 497.

2 Likes

Trap teams

This never worked

(Big issue in wars – 1* Defense Teams (Bad Strategy, see discussion for why this doesn’t work well) - #40 by Gryphonknight)

(Fabian* strategy for war - #29 by Gryphonknight)

War points

Close enough. There is a base value, some rounding and the bonus is calculated separately.

(More than 1500 points for a flipped board in a war? - #6 by Garanwyn)

Minimum points

I think they changed that:

• Defeating a full enemy team is always worth at least 20 bonus points
  • The victory points for defeating a team is halved (from 20 points to 10).

(https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001566714-Alliance-Wars-Change-Log)

2 Likes

What is total amount of points per respawn (board clear) in the AW? It should be 1500, right?
We are currently in the war, and our opponent cleared the board, and got 1538 points for that. We did the same thing, and got 1532 points. So, AW points calculation algorithm gave our opponents 6 points advantage per respawn?

It’s part of the round-up of the different components that lead to score totals higher than 1500.

For instance, 28 members in the war. Each equal in team health.

Each would be worth (500/28) for base score and (1000/28) for additional score. But 500/28 = 17.857 so rounded to 18. And 1000/28 = 35.714 so rounded to 36.

Each member is worth 18+36 = 54 points

Alliance worth is 54*28 = 1512 (not 1500)

And that’s a simple calculation using equal teams. Imagine the variations that actually occur.

Apologies… but back on topic, yes, as has been already explained, the teams with the highest HP will be worth the highest scores. I realized this after noticing that my team was worth more points to kill than one of my co-leaders who had a higher TP, it didn’t make any sense… but after reading up on it, and upon closer inspection of my team vs. theirs, my team actually had more total health points than theirs (in spite of the fact that they had a higher team power level).

1 Like