šŸ¤ŗ Using Hero Academy as a Troop Training Camp

Sadly, this confirms my suspicion ā€” this is a token improvement, and doesnā€™t change the fact that only players spending $$$$ on troop pulls will get maxed troops in the likely game lifetime, let alone the average player lifetime.

10 Likes

Might be a good place to finally be able to store Iron in HA6 and gives 3troops to feed my 4troops while simultaneously use HA10 To retrain S1 5* Duplicates :thinking:

4 Likes

I am at the point where I feel like I need a 12 step program to help me to break the spending habit. It is draining me to the point that I feel guilty, but unfortunately cannot even claim E&P to be my guilty pleasure.

2 Likes

Start playing another 3-match game. There are 2 awesome options among the lots. I really recommend the zombie themed one. Youā€™ll notice the difference in reward, boards and the odds for the pulls are higher. Not sure about prices because Iā€™m not spending there neither yet

Really enjoyed my time in Empires to the point I still use the forum and chat with my friends that started playing because of me. Sadly, like others players I felt destroyed in that version 30 and left

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna use this building to train troops but iā€™m not very content about it. shouldā€™ve been +20% faster troop production

I somewhat tried to calculate (few posts back) how much HA can increase your supply of troops:

Thank yoh so much for this @Dwimmerlaik, its impact on my troop leveling would be much higher since i think iā€™m able to farm troops for only a week a month

1 Like

I can give you 2 steps:

1. look at your game progress
  2. look at google playā€™s spending history
2 Likes

Depressing thoughts. Iā€™m only mindlessly upgrading the building and researching it in an attempt to use food and ironā€¦ not to actually use the building.

When you play as long as we have to get where we are to need a building that is ā€œend gameā€ status, itā€™s a bit of a slap in the face to get this.

2 Likes

To sum up:

1. farm a lot and find a lot of troops as a free loot
  2. use farmed food to feed those troops to the ones you want to level up
  3. forget the Hero Academy

Doing this you shall be able to be at least two to three times faster leveling your troops than using HA.
Not mentioning ton of other advantages of extensive farming.

I feel like the Hero Academy way is for lazy people or for people who do not play regularly or often.

2 Likes

The cost and wait times are insane. Iā€™m not F2P, so how is this even remotely friendly for them? Again C2P & P2P suffer the most, the bracket that canā€™t afford to butter their bread on all sides, but contribute a very large income to this game. Middle class always lose out it seems.
No rewards for the thousands weā€™ve spent the past 3 years, no option for new players to try catch up, no option to get some balance back and close the gap to P2W.

This is extremely disappointing, weā€™ve lost so many players since V30 I donā€™t know why Iā€™m still around TBO. Many C2P already (over) achieved everything in the game. Nothing to help us along as reward for our continued support & loyalty.
Instead, just another slap in our faces driven by greed - empty promises is all we got.

Yes, it is a very slow process.
At my current upgrade speed I will able to use HA level 10 in February, 2021 :frowning:

Is anyone able to sustain running lvls 4&6?

update
Iā€™ve been banking iron in lvls 4&6, both are up to 30+ days now.

I am going to use HA for 2 things mostly. Level 7 for trainer heroes to help with those last 20 5* level from 4/60-4/80 and HA level 10 to try and swap duplicate 5* heroes. Itā€™s not great and HA should have been and could have been something that kept a lot of people interested in the game. I will stack level 7 for 7 days to match the timing on level 10. I will reload it with food and recruits from my TC20 once a week.

Have you done this @Rigs ? Itā€™s outrageous that you canā€™t do that!

You canā€™t encourage me to stack colours(tile damage, elemental links, etc), to build the team of my choice, yet at the same time refuse to give me the same upgrade options I have with my heroes!

I came here to see whether thereā€™s any reason to upgrade my SH to generate feeder troops, doesnā€™t look like itā€¦:frowning:

1 Like

I dont think I have, no.

Though i do think it would make troop feedinge a bit more flexible and wouldnā€™t draw away from any revenue earned by troops

1 Like

I believe i will be. Weā€™ll see in 4 days when upgrade is complete. It might mean i wonā€™t stack food in tc20 anymore because all recruits iā€™ll ever have will be spent on troops :slight_smile:

Well, every rare troop I get is basically like 90% of epic troop tokens so Iā€™ll take it. Less gems for me to have to spend.

Can we get ninja troop from here as soon as they are released or have to wait for 1 year later?

Youā€™ll get those from the Ninja Camp, coming in 2022 (will require SH lvl 30, 4 maxed advanced iron storage, and 3 maxed advanced food storage).

And youā€™ll have to sacrifice your last forge to build it (assuming you even have one left).

7 Likes