šŸ¤ŗ Using Hero Academy as a Troop Training Camp

Of course, but the scale is really different.

Troop Training is more akin to TC11 and less akin to TC20.

People complain about TC11 output RNG sometimes, but certainly not as much as something like TC20 or Summoning.

If you want to see where the complaints will be, itā€™ll be on the 6.94% of players who run HA10 nonstop and go a year without getting a non-Season 1 Hero.

But thatā€™s for another thread.

3 Likes

Eh i wonā€™t use it

Hope u guys enjoy

1 Like

Why not?
Just put your duplicate Telly in and get Groot after whatever days for a few gems. :wink:

As if one hasnā€™t spend already.

#PayALotTogether
#BetterPayThriceThanTwice

5 Likes

In beta, weā€™ve been through shock, denial, anger, bargaining and depression. The curve shows only acceptance as the following step. But maybe you can uninstall the game or live your life as if no one never gives you hope during 500 days for fun and exciting heros you would like to have :smiley:

4 Likes

I have always wondering about the inability to do that.

1 Like

Money to push players to RnG along with sell those 1500 gem deals when theyā€™re trying to level specific color troops

Just another bottleneck to push sales

1 Like

Donā€™t know what to feel after knowing this.

Thanks for the analysis.

No I wonā€™t play this game for that long. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Less than optimal

Can you remove iron from Level 6 Rare troop training ( HA6 )?

Then you could try to hoard iron.

It would still beā€¦
ā€¦less than optimal at

3.4418 hours of iron storage per hour of production.

Compared to

9.2475 hours of food storage per hour of production for Legendary training ( RT20)

and

16.7470 hours of food storage per hour of production for Guaranteed rare training ( RT12 ).

Notes

@zephyr1 thank you for the awesome table. It made the above math easier.

FIN

2 Likes

Tempted to throw this in the ideas section for more viewability and not let it get buried in general discussionā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1 I wanted to do similar comparison for troops, but I am just slow haha.

I was wondering about food cost for leveling too and if I didnā€™t miss it you were not including this. 3* would be the best, but given the efficiency Iā€™ll go with 2* troops training. I plan to run legendary retraining so only one troop training is left for me.

It would be interesting to calculate how much faster troop leveling will be with HA. Those years stated in OP are nice but everyone gets troops from other sources too. So getting some insight on how much you can accelerate troop leveling with HA would be more interesting. Iā€™ll try to dig some info about it using Barryā€™s data for troops.

Indeed, but I was thinking of it in terms of a second set of Troops potentially ā€” and itā€™s clear thatā€™s not realistic to do with Hero Academy.

So while it will accelerate Troop leveling somewhat, itā€™s not going to be a large acceleration, nor will it make it feasible to highly-level a second set of Troops from the output of Hero Academy.

3 Likes

Yes, and many people have suggested this use ā€” though I personally see little reason to hoard Iron by the time youā€™ve built every building.

Perhaps itā€™ll be useful for the potential to move Emblems around (which Iā€™ve done once ever), or a big run of Battle Itemsā€¦but most of the time Iā€™m already struggling to figure out what to do with Iron anyway.

4 Likes

Thank you @zephyr1, had a feeling about HA, well Iā€™ve reserved my judgement and will just not say anything. :weary:

Anyway I just realized why it was called HA! When does the ADVANCED Hero Academy come out :joy:

6 Likes

How much can HA accelerate your troop leveling?

Let me first calculate how many troops (and what rarity) we can Ā± get by one month (30 days) of playing:

Source # per month 1* troop 2* troop 3* troop 4* troop Total troop XP
Silver tokens (including one free summon) 90 14,4 14,1 1,53 0 2151
ETT 10 0 0 9 1 2200
Map farming 30 * 144 WE 217,1 72,4 0 0 15200
Total 231,5 86,5 10,53 1 19551
Click for details on how is this calculated

Calculation is done as youā€™d be farming 3 WE stages only, which doesnā€™t happen in ā€œreal lifeā€, because:

• You complete quests which usually cost more WE, so you get less troops per WE
  • You complete S2/S3 stages which cost more WE, so you get less troops per WE
  • You play stages in Monthly challenge events and there are NO troops at all
    but
  • You get 50% more troops from 3 WE stages when Atlantis Rises, so it pretty much compensates the loss from quests (and I am just lazy to calculate it more precisely :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

So, if you feel that you are farming more intensively (mainly during AR, with a lot of WE flasks), getting more silver / epic troop tokens or having VIP for another free summon then the benefit from HA troops is a bit less for you

And on other hand if you are aiming for XP or specific loot when farming or you are getting less silver / epic troop tokens then the benefit from HA troops is bigger for you

So finally - how much can HA increase the gain of troops

Source 1* troop 2* troop 3* troop 4* troop Total troop XP Increase from standard playing
HA Common (Lvl 2) 80 0 0 0 3200 +16,37%
HA Uncommon (Lvl 4) 0 34,3 0 0 3087 +15,79%
HA Rare (Lvl 6) 0 0 12 0 2400 +12,28%
+34,56% +39,65% +113,96%

Because you can only use up to 2 trainings you can accelerate your troop leveling at most by 30 - 35% (you really should click on the details above :arrow_up: for more details :wink: )

8 Likes

Where are you getting 10 ETT/month from? I certainly donā€™t get anywhere close to that.

My understanding is that the monthly event is the most common method, but you have to place reasonably well for that. In the top 100k or better. Thatā€™s a small minority of E&P players. I suspect itā€™s a minority of players capable of building HA even.

You get 6 from the monthly event, any player who is able to build the HA is able to get the rank for these tokensā€¦

So you believe thereā€™s under 10,000 active accounts that can build HA? Really?

I suspect the number is over 50,000 (epic), and likely over 100,000 (rare).

2 Likes

Itā€™s just a number. It helps to determine how can HA troops training increase your current troops gain. If you are acquiring less ETTs/month than what I somewhat averaged then the HA is more beneficial to you. But still most troops come from map farming and if you get 5, 10 or 15 ETTs/month donā€™t change the overall amount of troops much.

So, try not to look at specific numbers but you should rather try to compare these averages to yours and then youā€™ll Ā± know how much HA troops training can benefit YOU.

4 Likes

Can you share itā€™s name? A hint maybe? Just to be inspired?

Iā€™ll never play anything else rather than EP of course.

Thanks for the organized charts and analysis! My take away is that this thing is basically useless for troops. Any active player who has maxed farms/mines, iron/ham storage, and upgraded Hero academy probably already has a full set of rainbow mana and crit troops (maybe missing 1 or 2) by then. Iā€™m personally only missing a green mana troop from having a full set of rainbow mana and crit troops. ETTā€™s are probably a better way for me to get that last green mana troop anyways.