🗨 Upcoming SG Community Team AMA – Submit Your Questions Here! [no game design questions, please]

I personally love the contests on the forum and on social media! Do you guys take requests from the community for contest topics and format?

The format of the current fanart contest is frustrating. At the time of this post, one person is in 1st place in two separate categories and 2nd place in one of those same categories. That’s a pretty strong monopoly. I’m fine with having multiple entries, but maybe we shouldn’t shortlist the same person more than once? The same thing happened in the Thanos challenge.

Can we get some official merchandise? T-shirts, POP! Dolls, stuffed animals (like a plushy baby dragon), knickknacks of any kind?

What kind of non-digital or irl activities could realistically be done? A couple of people have talked about convention meetups. Would SG staff ever consider making an appearance?

Do y’all have any drinking games for frequent posts, comments, which long running topic is at the top of the different categories, reaching a number of comments in a certain amount of time?

3 Likes

Yep. That was only after it was burried in a release note and after outcry over it.

Reactive approach. They need to be proactive.

I agree they can definitely improve communication frequency and clarity, but I’m not sure what you mean about it being buried in a Release Note. I don’t think any Release Note ever said “we’re not making further adjustments to the loot.” I think that one post is where that was announced.

My reason for asking was to better understand whether it’s effective when the Small Giant Staff comments in popular threads.

The fact that you saw that post would seem to indicate that it is, so the objective should be to get them to do that more often, I think.

2 Likes

Will they be revamping the seasonal events and adding more heroes same as they’ve done for the monthly events ? and will they move away from these percentage/health based heroes ?

Regarding communication and player community:

Is there a way to communicate directly with other players, using their in-game names? It would be nice to interact with the entire community of players, not just the small number of players who are aware of, and use this forum site. I want to be able to reach out to any of the millions of players who participate in the game. Is there a way to do this? If not, will you consider providing one? If not, why not?

Thanks.

1 Like

There isn’t currently a way to do that, other than someone offering up their contact information.

In the past they’ve said they’ve ruled out private messaging:

But we can ask about whether that still holds true.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I have question for this Forum system, how limit Vote members works?
I have already seen from Discourse, limit default is 10 vote per member, and count all open topics, so if topics not closed/archived, we always in Vote Limit caps, and I think 10 is small.
I’m not sure how it works, and which one is implement/setting applied here.

This is old, thats why I ask, and what is implement in this community?

Also, the vote topic should be closed/archived if there are already has feedback from SG, either implemented or not implemented, and if needed we can create a normal post (not vote) to continue discuss about that topic. So that our 10 limit vote is not stuck (forever).

Or if there are an options to limit vote not based on open vote topic but based on range date, thats maybe better, so example 5 or 10 vote each month.

Notes: I’m not so good in english.

1 Like

These are the limits, based on Trust Level:

• New: 2
  • Basic: 10
  • Member: 20
  • Regular: 30
  • Moderator: 40
3 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1, that means I’m stuck in 30 votes until those one of vote topic are closed/archived.

1 Like

Correct but you can move them around as time passes and things change

Your votes
(https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/u/jinbatsu/activity/votes)

Votes and likes
(The ability to use Votes and why I have none left)

3 Likes

Do you ever look to any of the Ridiculous threads for inspiration? Game, or life.

5 Likes

On a letter grade scale how would you rate SG staffs communication with the community in the forums in ANY form. I give you all a F for total failure, please be realistic with your answer and why you give that grade.

Nothing about game design huh? I was hoping to ask whether they would see classic heroes getting family bonuses (now that Avalon heroes get 2 bonus stats) like @JonahTheBard have suggested in his thread:

Any way, my “real” questions for the AMA discussion is that…
Are the SGG staff member more involved in the interaction with forum goers here, or on social media platform like Facebook? The Facebook platform seem to be place of announcements (followed by a long line of complaints from players), and more or less weekly/event contests that award gems (answers are public, and of course followed by a long line of complaints from players who don’t win, and players indicates the same players win all the time).

The art contest and march madness event were good ones, but would like to see more contests in the forum.

1 Like

Zeph, I would ask the question this way. Many in the E&P community have significant concerns with regards to the Alchemy Lab design. These concerns have been expressed repeatedly in the forums but do not appear to have impacted the final design of the building. Being the Developers representatives responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with the community through the forums, can we get a response from the team about why these major concerns were not addressed?

2 Likes

If you’re shooting for a certain hero, why does, in some cases, take so much money to get a certain hero? I see the odds but what does the developers think?

Example- I spent about $400 to get guin (that was after not getting her in the first 3 events) and $300 in attempts to get Aerial (still didnt get her)

Thanks!

1 Like

What is your favorite foreign language post? native language post?

What is your favorite foreign language social media platform? native language social media platform?

Most important commercial software for your team?

Does the team have an official soundtrack? unofficial soundtrack?

Music or music video? fight?

Does the department have a water cooler? Do you gossip around it?

or is caffeine more important? if yes what kind of caffeine?

Who is the luckiest teammate when it comes to avoiding ( on vacation, day off, etc.) team wide emergency crisis?

What happens when a @Petri has a customer service problem with his account? @ScottySG ? Can you just run into a rep at lunch? in the hall?

1 Like

This ist he most game design related question you could’ve asked.

I’m sorry to hear that, but as you said yourself:

That should answer your question.

I’m just curious that is all. Doesn’t hurt to ask does it?

Also in the beginning of the thread it says not about game design. I think this would fall under the category of Player Support.

Thanks!

Wait, what about us non-Facebook-sheep? Why don’t we get a chance at gem awards? That’s just platformist. And this is SUPPOSED to be the main platform.

5 Likes

Everybody here already plays this game, no point in marketing on this platform I guess :thinking:

Cookie Settings