Trying to determine the number of global players

When the fan base leaves so does the relevance. Someone winning an event where 27 people participated will unlikely gain the same euphoria than when millions were competing.

People throw good money after bad money daily. My government does it to the tune of trillions.

It is the players’ money and time. Only they can determine if they get value from it.

Again: that’s not necessarily true.
The euphoria is in the top position.
Top 1000 alliances is a game for 3k persons, they hardly know who and how many are behind.

3000 / 30 = 100

The growing alliances I played in were well aware of what their alliance rank was.

But as for events, I saw more bragging when it was 3.5 million participants versus fewer than half. Those were just my observations.

It’s 3000 players in top 100.

But the top 100 will have some going in or out.

Safer to base on 150 alliances = 4500 players

The forum is much quieter now, even with new forum accounts beeping in.

I suspect it will quieten down further as more players exit this game. The difficulty level for SoG may be the last straw for some. Let’s see what happens in the next few months.

2 Likes

Noticed that too, btw.
About gargoyles event, it was hard, yes, but also a lot boring. I’m okay with challenging events, hope they won’t be the same things over and over.
And imho, main issue is rewards, that is not worth the effort.

5 Likes

Yep, absolutely right, my mistake :sweat:

But let’s just assume 30k.
It doesn’t change anything.
Those at the top can simply ignore what happens at the base, except for events with relative ranking (1%).

Italian football and Welsh rugby can be paramount examples: the top tier has been careless of the fanbase for decades.
Why? Because they simply can/could.
That is until a wake-up call happens, something like missing two World Cups in a row or even surviving at all.

That can be because of the aggregated knowledge accessible which doesn’t need to be rewritten and the fact that the game is apparently expanding in “new markets”, most of which might have a problem or two with forum language.

This is the real problem. Not fun.
You can struggle (i.e. farm) if a considerable prize is waiting for you at the end of the road but, as you point out

:woman_shrugging:t3:

Matching 3 tiles can only have so much variability. The game may need a completely different type of play to remain fresh.

Dutch tulips were nice but eventually the limit of variability and the newness wore off.

Cross post relevant to this thread

6 Likes

Those are significant drops! Almost exactly uniform: 10% across the board from February. Normal attrition or a response to the unfunness of SoG?

(Or the war?)

1 Like

C Krampus nerf Feb
Ferant nerf Mar

Azmia nerf May
Let’s see the numbers for June 2022

1 Like

~1M active at the moment.

Around 9 months ago was ~1.5M so 30% decrease.
Around 2/3 months ago was ~1.25M so accelerated decline in active players

Kalo nerf - June.
Tones of new heroes introduced each month.
Accelerating power creep.
I liked the game a lot and was a very active player, but due to the mass introduction of new heroes and new content I am just slowly losing interest in it.

5 Likes

Thanks for updating that list.

It’s a sad list for 2022.

I’ve seen this number (or similar numbers in the three millions) quoted a few times on the forum. Where did it come from?

I’ve seen this post that looks at 30 cup players

I also searched quickly and found this post that shows 13Kish wasn’t good enough for top 1%

I’ve heard that 3 million was “before Telly”. But this raid tournament was before that and raid tournaments weren’t close to 3 million.

Is 3 million the rough number of total players versus active players?

When I played, folks would send a mini alt into an event, RT and MT to get a tiny score. It would show the ranking for an account in last or almost last place. If a tiny score was 3,573,922st place then that is at least the number of accounts participating in that game feature.

I recall about 3.5 or 3.6 million but don’t have screenshots. It is possible whatever that number is was previously provided in the forum.

1 Like

Here’s a post from the first Mythic Titan. It shows 2.7 million players

I can’t find much in other mythic titan threads, but I guess we can keep tracking going forward.

1 Like

This might help the conversation here. This is results from my F2P account that only has 3*.
I only complete the first stage in each rarity for the challenge events, only one floor in the Tower, and take only one hit on the Mythic Titan.

This gives some indication of active players in the events

I still find it interesting to look at the 30-cuppers which has fallen drastically since I posted this analysis last year: Is Empires & Puzzles Dying or Flatlining? — Empires and Puzzles Books - YouTube

3 Likes

I would go with the info contemporary to that time over my poor recollection.

Iirc, it was ScndStar who took an alt in on that first MT, one tiny flag, and had a screenshot of final placement and rewards (the rewards were goofed and I believe “last place” got top 5% rewards chances). Maybe that info is posted somewhere on MT rewards threads from that time. While it would be there for fixing a rewards bug perhaps the other data is also in any posted screenshots.

1 Like

@JekylandHyde What is the current number of 30 cup players?

I don’t have it all summarized nicely like you do, but here is my tracking across various events where I score 0 with an alt.

Challenge Event players:

Mythic Titan players:

Ninja tower:

Also Clash of Knights players

Clash of Knights Players
1 October 2021 1,401,028
2 January 2022 1,112,234

Just screenshot this one … lol…my bad eyes… that is 39 … that makes it a bit worse. lol

1 Like