Time for a big change - STOP Mono Colour

I’m actually just explaining the consequences of Kerridoc’s proposal here, in answer to a question. If you’d like me to defend it though, I’m willing:

Magnifying damage like the current equation does is unbalanced versus other ways of increasing damage output. A 76% permanent attack boost on tiles is almost like running a Tarlak full time–who stacks with the real Tarlak too, if you use him on your team. And with Wu Kong.

Color stacking already provides a way to concentrate damage, and to minimize defender mana gain per unit attacker mana gain. These seem like fair and reasonable compensation to me for the risks involved. This wouldn’t destroy the attacker advantage; rather, it would moderate it so that modest TP differences would still be easy to overcome, but ridiculous TP differences (e.g. 5 Derrics vs. Boril) would not be very effective.

Ghost tiles is an apples vs oranges question. The mechanic works the same for all configurations of team.

I beg to differ.

And on and on. Everyone basically acknowledges that mono is risky and takes skill to play well.

2 Likes