Things need to change. My take on it and it's suggestions

Although there are certain points of the OP I agree with, I absolutely will not give it a like.

The main item is fixed great rewards for a very limited few, fixed not so great rewards for those that are not quite one of the very limited few, and random for everyone else even if you tried.

If 1k people get fixed reward from monthly events and there are 1.4m accounts, that’s 0.07%. 99.93% play in rng land.

The original OP is elitest, not about making the game better for everyone, unless you’re part of the 0.07%.

5 Likes

Really well said. Hope SGG listens to this.

Dawg, you can’t be serious. I thought at this point it’s clear to everyone who has been playing this game for longer than 2 months, that SG doesn’t care about petty things like players’ feedback or game balance. All that matters is dough, ya know what I’m sayin? We keep giving they keep taking. And asking for more. As long as this doesn’t change (and it most likely won’t), nothing else will.

TLDR: SG doesn’t care and no amount of posts can change that.

Firstly, welcome to the forum @TheFur.
The most thought provoking first post, I’ve read EVER. Thank you!

Ditto! :cry:

Totally agree on a lot of the points you’ve raised.

6 Likes

We was the alliance ending up at rank 101 :’(
I think we was making a great team work to stay at leaderboard during the event, but also telling our members to not get totally stressed out about it.
In my opinion the alliance quest, should first of all be a challenging and fun new event to do together, not making huge dramas, when some are top competive in events and others not.
If only having level ll aethers for alliance rewards close to top 100, I am not sure we would even bother trying to compete, having the risk of falling out.
I think the reward system needs some rethinking for that event.
I am in for having some guarantee of great loot like min. 1 big aether if ranking 1-100.
Then next tiers should have a chance for that too.
I would prefer having a reward system more like tournaments in percent, but otherwise maybe put in more alliance tiers and making it more rewarding to go in competing also if being a top 200 - top 1000 alliance.
It is no fun if AQ, are making Alliances implode and causing huge turnover, instead of encouraging great teamwork on different levels. That is what many of us are trying to build longlasting Alliances on, to be one of the greatest values of this game, what ever the level of competition

12 Likes

I actually liked the original post by theFur but you are 100% correct.

1 Like

This event is similar to the mythical titan imo, and its refreshing for the loot to be random on something that is more based on alliance performance over individual. I’m against having to spend money to complete a event like magicians tower and soon to be ninja tower, that leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

You have addressed some valid points with your post. I would love to see SG to lower pace of releasing new heroes and to give players some more time to get ready to next event/s. Also randomized loot is not something what would encourage players to compete for top spots. I would love to see guaranteed loot based on rankings + RNG based loot.

Unfortunately, I am afraid SG wont implement this idea because RNG their essential tool for monetizing this game. It creates demand for buying items you were not able to get via RNG. Aethers are digital items primarily intended to purchase and not to obtain for free. Free aethers is a part of aethers marketing with a purpose of to increase demand for them and to increase sales. Every increase of 5* aethers drop rate means less willingnes of players to purchase them. That is the path SG is going since releasing this game. The problem is stinginess and the way how they are doing it. All the recent content and changes made smells like a desperate “all in” for the last quarter profit. Therefore it seems that time is developer’s weak spot and only way how to get attention is to stop purchases for some time. So if I were you I would stop purchasing for 2 or 3 weeks. I am sure it can be effective if the majority of top spenders will postpone their purchases in one moment. Because investors and devs measure success by revenue and profit. I think they will start to listen then.
I am aware it wont be easy to coordinate and execute but I cant think of anything else more effective.

8 Likes

I really don’t want to respond to this as it’s pointless. But since I am a sucker, I will.

1. half your post is blaming spenders/whales for all that is wrong in the game. How many spenders do you think are actually out there? And how much of SG’s revenue depends on them? If they are as influential and necessary as you seem to imply then SG would do everything in their power to keep them around right?

Only, that’s not it. This is a micro transaction based game with millions of users. It gets its revenue from adds and from small transactions by its vast user base. A few people spending big on something they enjoy doesn’t count for much in their earnings. The math here is pretty simple.

1. As far as influence goes, SG has alienated and let go of almost all of their big spenders routinely. MANY have quit, some in very public outbursts of feeding their ridiculous hero roster to 1*s out of pure frustration. SG simply doesn’t care, or engage with its user base. Let’s place the blame and anger where it actually belongs for a change.

2. Assumptions that only one so called whale is complaining is laughably wrong. The general forum isn’t the only way to talk to SG about these things and ask for change. It isn’t even the best way to do it. SG doesn’t really follow the general forum unless a post is tagged by a mod or is trending massively. Things in the general forum devolve pretty rapidly, so SG stays out mostly. There are many whales who have complained about this event’s structure from beta, to when it launched, to now after it completed.

To sum it up, please don’t devolve this into a blaming each other for all that is wrong kind of a conversation. The problem here is with SG, so direct this towards them. That’s what the OP tried to do.

29 Likes

Unfortunately that’s not correct, hopefully you can remember this was a completely different game four years ago.

It’s sadly no longer the same as SG originally created it.

Yawn ! clearly you haven’t read his comments & are running to judge & label me. You know your reasons…

Eitherway, I call out people’s rudeness with straight talk & give it as it comes, coz, we ain’t in kindergarten here.

Fyi, There are others who are also calling out your pal’s comments !

I am with the game only for 22 months so I got to know how was it only from players who are with this game longer. But my point is principles of monetizing and this is here from the beginning. Sure, there are more items to be obtained (emblems, aethers) and RNG is not as generously set as it was before (eg. 4* AM drop rates from titans) but RNG was and is still here.

Elegantly put. As said in my first comment, the OP has covered things comprehensively, still OP has been attacked / mocked / labelled …instead of a collective message to SG !

This is a regular thing : fragmented, rude, abusive towards spenders / competitive players.

These types forget, this is just a game, that’s it… & quantity / quality of FuN is upto the player & not SG or anyone else!

This game is completely different now to how it was around 48 months ago. You could load this game and play it, there were no deals for this and deals for that popping up every time you logged in.

This is no longer the same game SG created

2 Likes

Whilst I agree this isn’t what they initially created I 100% believe the game we have today is exactly what they intended.

People spending (me included) have allowed the game to get here.

Personally I’m not bothered, such is the nature of my thought processes. But I do see why this has ruptured.

We will see if a movement can follow from it. So far SGG has always just presented a stone face and continued irrespective. I don’t think this will be any different but let’s see how the path meanders from here.

6 Likes

I agree with you and it’s sad to see. The good days with just purchasing gems and vip being the only deals available are a sad memory of the past. Of course the developers greed or pressure from others would go this way but it’s incorrect of the other scriber to say that the way it is now is the way it’s always been.

I’m working my way to f2p and I don’t think I’ll be looking back.

1 Like

I’m curious about this

I sure hope the guaranteed are separate from the rolls, or else this seems like a much worse set up for those outside of the top spots, no? Least those considered whales can, and will, buy the aether deals (and tbh, are gonna be the ones holding most of those top spots anyway, to get these new rewards, as they have the heroes, items and resources for it). Those who only spend moderately/nothing, yet compete, are probably looking at Top 1k-Top 10k range instead. The argument here is that, at least this last event had a solid chance of rewarding them [considerably] with 5* aether’s too (unlike most other events that typically only favors the Top 1%), making this event unique.

You get four rolls in Top 1k [already], and don’t have two spots taken up by Aether II’s (assuming that’s how this works), so actually could get a max of four vs what seems like at most… One? I received 3 5* aether’s this time, why would I wanna lessen that for guaranteed? I know it’s a gamble, and I’d obviously prefer something a lil more concrete, but not if it only favors those in the top spots, while giving the rest of us even less of a shot at something decent. That, well, just doesn’t sit right [with me]…

(Do you see what I mean?!)

So if that’s how it works, I can’t get behind it. However, if they’re separate, and you get two guaranteed + four rolls, then yeah, only seems like an improvement :+1:

Either way, I probably won’t compete as heavily next time anyway. With only one tier, five days, and random rewards, it doesn’t seem to pay. …But that is everyone’s choice; least one can get solid rewards without having to (imo, that’s an improvement). & Someone is always gonna aim for the top spots regardless if the rewards warrant the work; just human nature to compete and be #1.

4 Likes

I believe this too!
But it confuses me as to why they are pushing so hard. The aggressive portals, mass costumes and aether prices are not micro friendly. The shelf-life of products is decreasing while prices flog the screen relentlessly…

They seem geared to push merchandise as if we are all drug lords and oil barons.

I really can’t understand their pacing approach from a business perspective.
Are these level 50 players with max’d shiny new toys dumping more money than us old-timers could ever dream?
Or…
Have they given up and want to make juice out of the last bit of fruit? I hope this is not the case.

12 Likes

You are quoting the unedited and clearly vague way of my thoughts about how loot should be distributed.

It is in fact guaranteed + rolls. So 2 guaranteed then 4 extra rolls :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol then my bad, as I typed this all up yesterday before you must have edited your thoughts on this

Well then :+1:

6 Likes