Things need to change. My take on it and it's suggestions

Declaration posted in FB. Just not posted here

You do have a point and it looks like something has been initiated.

How this develops … :woman_shrugging:t2:

If gem-summons reduce across the board for all portals for about 3 months, the impact will be felt.

1 Like

Well Said !!! Fully Support

I do agree with most that were said here.
My alliance fought hard to be amongst the top alliances in the last quest, but now everyone is pretty sad, demotivated and angry at seeing how poor were the rewards if compared to the resources that we willingly burnt there. So there is a necessity to change some things.
But there’s a big issue to take into account here.
It is clear that not everyone can or want to compete, but everyone must have a chance to grow in order to keep the game alive - the game is still labelled as free to play, after all - so while it would be fair to get prizes based on results, it is also clear that it could fastly leave the game only to the whales
eg. in smaller alliances there’s the chance that it is only the same 3 o 4 people who kill off the titan, and if rewards were based only on who’s the biggest hitter it would be always the 3 or 4 same people gaining good prizes. And what would happen in bigger alliances? Everyone would compete to be the best on titans, to the point that they would leave some of their mates without even the chance to make an attack.

So a change must be done, but not an easy one, as it was suggested here.
Players could be divided into tiers based on their power level and their rosters, so that anyone coul climb the ladder and become competitive over time - needless to say, this might be a huge amount of work on the company side. And it may not be worth it.

Another thing that needs to be taken care of to give everyone the same chances is the fact that in the Magic and in what will be the renewed Nija Towers all flags should be given so that everyone may have the chance to complete the quest. Otherwise, it will be always the same people there up above, getting the best prizes if the rewards system will be changed.

Moreover, we have no idea what SG’s future plans are, both game-wise and on the economic side of it all (they’re a company, they work to make money).

What they could start thinking of is to divide the players and alliances in different tiers, so that if prizes are given based on the playerss’ results there can always be a small player gaining good rewards.

This issue is much bigger than we players can think of, as we really have no idea what’s going on!

2 Likes

Meanwhile the title of this thread =
"Things need to change."

Here is a good option:

8 Likes

I totally support this, thank you for posting and expressing thoughts of many!

1 Like

I think you kind of already get it, but I just want to clarify that I don’t think even most of the biggest whales actually wanted more heroes. Rather, they spend to get them when they come out, because they know it’s the easiest way for them to keep up with their peers. I bet most would prefer a slower burn, like fur suggested in his OP.

For sure, but SG could be a little less bloodless in taking advantage of that fact, and I think it would be in their best interest for the long term health of the game.

But, what the hell do I know? I’ve never been a microtransaction app developer. Maybe the long term health of any of these games is a silly goal for players to expect devs to care about.

Either way, the healthy choice would obviously be to stop spending. Sadly, I don’t think too many of us will actually do it. I know it’s going to be hard for me, whenever I do decide that I want to make that decision.

ETA:

Perfect.

5 Likes

Clearly something seems to be burning to not be able to see the simple difference between :rofl:

• Suggestion for things need to change
    &
  • some type of people want whales to - Teach SG a lesson

Seems everything needs to be done by Whales = spend, play, suggest, teach SG a lesson…
while
usual cribbers can ONLY crib on every thread ! :wink:

(Why are those who mock spenders wanting spenders to teach SG a lesson)

Hello i m a small player and i m not trying to know what s playing the top

But the random for rewards is not bad and it’s to give a luck to everybody to not be far away.

Never forger thad more you play high lvl more probability you have to have better rewards. Then with ti.e you rewards would be better.

For the moment i had only 5* aether i m not complainingone day my turn would arrive. We must just be patient enjoy the fact to be lucky having a big evolution in game.

You speak the game evolue too fast who ask you to spend you can t wait a bit. You think seriously this new heros are going to change you game?

I saw a video about a player called maddog who have very good results in hl and he is praticly free to play.

I think is a game to be patient to enjoy without pressure and i think is good to give lucks to everybody to be at the same level.

But clearly ehen i see your roster def teams troops results… i dream about it but i m realistic i don t have your lvl and investment.

Big kissis and best regards to every body

2 Likes

Buddy the day it comes and you still feel the urge you can send me $100 a week and I’ll send you a Hero card of my own creation for you to own and treasure

2 Likes

hola a todos, es cierto que al haber tantos eventos y heroes en un periodo de tiempo corto, creo que el juego se esta yendo de las manos, porque es desproporcionado los heroes que salen cada semana, considero que deberían ralentizar esto, ya que lo que consiguen es que la gente que puede gastar mucho dinero( que no lo veo mal, aunque yo no gaste) es que sea desproporcionada a nivel de jugadores, se esta convirtiendo en un juego que si gastas eres el mejor, sino lo haces eres uno de tantos mas en el juego, si no se escucha a sus clientes que somos los que mantenemos el juego, que pasara?

I get that, of course. However, I spent some time in “complaint posts” recently, and even though those were not articulated well as fur’s, the trigger for those posts was similar. However, a part of the community was not very much supportive, some actually claimed that there’s nothing wrong with SG’s practice lately, or that nothing can be done at best (so it’s pretty much pointless to complain). Seeing this post, from well established and respected player, means a lot to me tbh. And this is an excellent reference point to all people that feels something is off. :+1:

11 Likes

I’ll need the NFTs as well!

1 Like

I’m sorry to say but your posts looks really rude.Be humble :blush: Is this topic is related to how much player is spending in game? I respect @TheFur and all other players who ranked in event and I agree that there should be some better reward for higher ranks but there will be some negative comments in every post. Support the thread but don’t be rude to others.

@Dudeious.Maximus mod please tell players to respect each other’s :blush:

8 Likes

Extend AR to 3+ days (ideally 84hrs) and reduce ToL to 3 days.

If reduce challenge events, then take off Thursday, not Sunday. Many ppl including myself are very busy on weekdays and don’t really have time to even start pushing until like Friday night.

And NERF FALINE AND QUENELL. Like WTF were you guys thinking when creating these heroes. Their damage is literally so out of proportion to all other hit-3’s in the game. Is the majority of beta testers heavy p2w ppl or something?

Regarding the pace, it seems they are prioritizing profit over the long-term longevity

1 Like

Well said… Full support :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Tom MacDonald’s 9 steps
are stuck in my head.

Step 1: Train the people to consume

Step 2: Infiltrate adults with beta news

Step 3: Indoctrinate the children through the schools and the music and the APPS on the phones that they use

Step 4: Separate the costumes from the cards

Step 5: Separate those with time from those with jobs

Step 6: Separate the rich from the poor. Use equality and RNG…
To separate them more!

Step 7: Fabricate a portal made of lies

Step 8: Put it on their screens every night

Step 9: When people start to fight and divide, take control!
This is called a gacha… by design

4 Likes

@Saros have never said he was a whale, that I can see. Anyone reading his posts would be pretty clear that he isn’t.

In any case, I don’t care how much someone spends. I do care how they treat other people - and rudeness is never ok.

Frankly, I doubt it was @Saros himself who flagged your rude, borderline abusive replies.

5 Likes

Thank you @TheFur for this post and putting forth a well written list of ideas and suggestions covering various topics and concerns.

My apologies for the trolls who are too quick to jump on the bandwagon and attack without taking the time to read and keep an open mind that these are suggestions and not demands. That this is from someone trying to express on behalf of the player base and not for self serving reasons.

I really like the suggestions on loot being part guaranteed and part RNG for Alliance Events. I don’t see you suggesting to take away from all players on multiple levels so not sure why they feel that way

For those who choose to compete to the extent that many did, the rewards should have some guarantee. I mean, it IS a competition. And I’m not saying those who ranked lower should not receive aethers whether I, II, or III or that they didn’t try hard either. I’m talking about over a million of players throughout the world competing in an event and in the end, those who placed high on the leaderboard should have some type of guaranteed prize.

I’ve played this game over 4 yrs, and I will never have the skill or speed or patience to play the boards to place that high. But I do try my hardest for myself and my team. And I sure as heck admire everyone who does compete whether they are seasoned vets or newer players. Almost all the eventers share how to play to win these events. The time and effort given as well as items crafted to be utilized during these events, It takes dedication.

As for the glutton of new events that were pushed out at breakneck speed. There is no time to breathe and definitely no time to enjoy any of the new heros. There is still a mat wall made even worse due to all the new material pushed out this year. Luckily, I have the bad luck pulls more often than not over the years so my mats are just waiting to be used. Heck, by the time I get the hero that is a “meta” or “must have”, they are obsolete. LOL.

And I cheered that this week had Tavern because I will actually be able to finish it in 1 day and actually spend more time talking with my alliance mates and others in the community which is one of the main reasons I am still here playing. I hope they do “balance” out the time frame of the events themselves.

Sorry for the long rambling post. I’ll continue with other thoughts much later to give everyone a reprieve from this one.

14 Likes

oh to be a fly on the wall. i want some tea @Xero786 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I respect the fact of spending big amounts of money in a game as long it doesn´t imply an addiction or going into debts for that.

I understand and agree the prizes issue, all randomness usually don´t reward the effort (few things are more annoying in this game than the feeling of wasted time.

But that´s the company´s trap, they make things random and just following they offer the cookie by a considerable amount of money (they usually add a lot of garbage to make it look a nice “offer”)

I´m completely agree with the point of towers.

About event duration, I think all of this should be completely revised, I know it´s not easy to satisfy people who find it so long and people who need extended duration due to lack of time. But there is a way:

_It´s just to make things like seasonal events: You have plenty of time to complete it, do it at your pace. keep the schedule of events, What´s the problem to have AR and NT at the same time? What´s the problem to have rare quest or emblems quest at the same time? Of course ranked events should be the exception, but the rest could be available longer. The towers who are by far the most stressing and time drainer events also could stay open longer. They should be removed from the quest screen once finished.

(Notice I mean the events, not the portal duration or offers duration)

1 Like