The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Congrats on your Wren @Muchacho! :partying_face::tada::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

congrats @Muchacho !! Wren is a good pull!

5 Likes

Congrats @Muchacho for Wren!

3 Likes

Enjoy the new hero, @Muchacho , wrenever they come!

5 Likes

Congrats, @Muchacho . Look forward to your thoughts on your new hero.

I started giving emblems to Norns today. At +9, she’s still REALLY fragile. Thinking I may have to re-emblem her for def/HP, even though her attack can get pretty high.

News from Casa del Weasel: was texting my nephew, who is back to keeping me company in my alliance, and noticed I had won a few defenses while offline and had ended up at 2800+ cups, good for 1405 worldwide. So I decided to kill some time and see if I could make a run. Two raid flasks later, and I topped out at 3048 cups, good for 13th worldwide and 4th in the US.

Both are personal bests for me. Pretty stoked. And the fanciest hero I used during this run was Francine +c20, who is admittedly pretty fancy, but considering the shiny new toys I was facing, I thought it was an encouraging result for FTP rosters.

Happy gaming, y’all.

13 Likes

I’ve had a beard of one sort or another for about two decades and let me just say, when it’s long, it gets in your mouth, and it is a pain. It has been years since I have had it long for this reason! I know folks who claim that you can train it otherwise, but who has time to do that and run all the events that SG is throwing at us?!?

4 Likes

I read something about a S1 family bonus-depending on how they handle it (like some of the old HoTM families), that could be significant.

4 Likes

Yeah, for ease of maintenance I prefer just plain stubble :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations @Muchacho for pulling Wren !

3 Likes

Nice job, congratulations :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So… Different take on things by your Highness.

In the next round of training i will be out of red projects.
Given that I have no idea of what my options are, which red heroes should I be on the lookout for next SE?

[Politicians think of next elections, Queens know better so no power to the people. Or anyone for that matter :smirk:]

2 Likes

Depends on what your needs are, but I’m always on the lookout for healers in colors where I don’t have as many so I can maximize my options for war. I feel like I don’t get to maximize my bench in purple, yellow, or green because I’m always needing to field healers in those colors due to a lack of them in other colors. Personally, I was looking for Grazul or, to a lesser extent, Anzogh. I ended up going with JF in the first SE, and while he isn’t a game-changer in all situations, he gives me a nice counter to all these fast AoE def down heroes like Frigg and Morel. Wouldn’t expect him to show up in SE again for a while, though, obviously.

The August HotM is red and looks really good to me. I will be targeting him as heavily as I have ever any HotM, I think, as I will be out of red projects soon myself. Also, it’s a ridiculous long shot, but there’s a new hero in the CF 2.0 portal that would really slake my thirst for a non-Boldtusk red healer. A dude (or dudette) can dream, right?

3 Likes

Depends what role you’re looking for. For me Gefjon would be good. :man_shrugging: You may not need a sniper though.

I am always hoping for a red healer. I currently have Boldtusk and his costume. I use both versions. His percentage is low though. I could boost with Zimkitha, but then the A boost overlap is weird. Zimkitha heal on her own is not enough for anything other than farming or whatever. Not also only applies to red and I don’t typically mono.

A bulk heal in red would be a recommendation for me to the devs. Maybe someday they’ll make one I never I get :laughing:

My thoughts were on CoK and event scoring. I didn’t really clarify that well though. Complaining about it is moot though.

In terms of Wren, I am glad I have a new hero. He is mostly just a hero that exists though. He isn’t bad, but isn’t great either. He is likely to see play in my roster, but it’s only because my roster is terrible. Looking forward to tinkering, but hopes are low beyond just another hero to slightly situationally improve my current team.

I had just started Domitia, but am not far. I may hold off on giving more until I tinker with Wren. Like I said, green are really weak for me on firepower, especially faster than slow.

:beers:

3 Likes

Phenexa says hi.

I would REALLY love to get this hero.

6 Likes

Wow, congrats, @Noble_Weasel ! Beautiful results, a triumph also for the FTP rebellion!

2 Likes

I suppose you don’t have a cat. EDIT: Well, I suppose you don’t live together with a cat.

Indeed depends on your unsatisfied needs, but for me, Gefjon is good and possibly at some point will be available in SE. There are not many good fast red snipers going around (maybe somewhere in some new portals that I cannot follow anymore), and sometimes you need just that, a sniper to kill off someone dangerous the quickest possible.

She was also my main instrument to finish season 4, but of course, this is just a side comment, not an argument for her. She steals minions.

Oh my, I am saving all my gems.

3 Likes

I have just over 600 and am putting off buying roster space to use at CF2. My hope is with coins and gems to manage at least 5 summons if not 6. I can’t pass it up as I literally have zero of the heroes in the portal.

:beers:

3 Likes

That’s my thought. Although I have a few 4* and 3* from the Circus, and 3* from the Slayers, they are still underrepresented, and I have strictly no one from Villains. The best hope to get something new. Not to speak about these brand-new Bard heroes. After the last SE, I do have roster space now.

2 Likes

That’s awesome @Noble_Weasel , very well done!!!

3 Likes

Actually none.
I always “play” the same team, I don’t do wars or MTs, just events if mates get stuck somewhere.
In general anything new will do (last project was Donkey Kong), I was just curious if there’s someone I shouldn’t miss because… I know, I’m lazy, but tracking all the new heroes is just beyond me.

Yes, a red healer different from Boldtusk seems worthy but then… Boldtusk is actually a very nice presence. Worth considering.

Yep, this is a good one.

Had one. Unfortunately it emerged that, much like anything else in the known universe, I’m allergic to cats [too].
It has to be noted that my people’s relationship with animals would be considered abusive in most of the first world but… it made very clear who was in charge: my little ball of fur tried to escape at least 5 times :smirk:

2 Likes