The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

When pulling I generally only consider 3 and 4 stars for myself, because odds of legendary are so low :frowning:

I have

Rare: 33/45
Epic: 25/57
Legendary: 17/172

I do have a fairly good chance of pulling someone useful for Epic, but I’m thinking of whom I could really use / whom I really want from there…

Sergei and Almur are the top 2 for elemental defense down,

Nice to haves would be Griffin, Mist and Gullinbursti as my 4 yellow squad isn’t the best

Wilbur, Buddy, Merlin, Gretel, Falcon, Peters are nice to have too (but I have heroes who can fill similar roles in Gormek/Santa, Marcel, Proteus, C-Chao/Hansel, C-Marjana - granted C-Marjana is banned from 4 tiers, Tettukh).

I only have gems for 5 pulls, and I’m adamantly refusing to buy any (admonished myself for even thinking about it lol), so… I think I’ll pass.

Rather save up for a 10-pull in magic Tower to try for Sergei. Once I do have Sergei, will save up for a 10-pull in Valhalla for a chance for Almur, Mist and Gullin.

Now I just have to avoid the forum threads where people brag about their pulls, so I won’t be swayed lol

1 Like

Reading about the epic failures helps a lot there too. Read the one which pulled 90x. While he got a lot of useful 3* and 4*, I consider it a bad investment for so many gems overall…

Edit: The pool is simply way too diluted, and you shouldn’t forget that there are a ton of useless or narrow-usage event 3* and 4*, and even 5*. Even worse than many of their classic S1 counterparts.

As a side note, I did some single pulls on alts and got Cheshire Cat, Nordri and Kvasir. All very useful on these alts, however I wouldn’t be happy with any of these on my main…and yes, I know that Cheshire cat is useful vs yellow titans.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I listed the ones that could be useful… to get the numbers and gauge my odds of actually getting a useful one for me.

How many pulls could you do right now?

At 350 per I can do 5 for sure. Maybe a 6th by the end.

That could work. It would be pretty slow and grindy. No one there even has an average A value. Inhave that dupe thing for me and no costume Kashhrek. I do have Gullinbursti, Boril, and Cyprian though.

My thought was fairly similar to other quests:

Buddy tank whose minions can cover my chickens of Gullinbursti (overheal), and LJ for mana slow (really can’t have a lot of specials hitting me). Wings would be my non-chickens of Jackal (EDD snipers) and Gretel (mana control with high A value for tiles to capitalize on EDD).

That is a green yellow though, so if either are reflected it’s back to the drawing board. Main difference from my normal team is someone different is in for Jackal, but we’ll try him. :man_shrugging:. Durability is always his thing.

:beers:

To the collectors like @Shohoku79 and I, usefulness is secondary. The newness and uniqueness are what counts.

1 Like

Sure, everyone has their own motives for playing the game… which is why I only speak for myself, instead of imposing on others :wink:

Stop telling me what to think!!! Get out of my head!!!

I highly recommend this portal

4 Likes

Well, I took the plunge… as expected a lot of duplicates: Melia, 2x Vollermork, Namahage,Mack, Chochin, and Pixie. But, I did get some new projects: Eichbelborg, Kornel, and Captain Kestrel. Strange that they are all red, but that is actually one of my weaker colors so that works.
Summon chest didn’t get me much, a pair of blue trainers, some Barbarian and Wizard emblems (already had surplus) and trap tools.

5 Likes

Knock, Knock.

Normal lurker with questions as you guys are normally best source of info for the non shiniest and sparkliest of heroes that everyone else forgets

So I just got Gadierius from the new portal. He’s new for me, and it’s a while since I faced him. I can remember him being decent at the time though and he seems like may have relevance in 4 star tournaments. Does anyone use him regularly/ have any opinions on him? I also got Jack o’hare who I think will probably be levelled first of the 2?

1 Like

I’d definitely level Jack O’Hare first - fast, hits hard. Good in Bloody Battle and maybe Buff Booster (depending on who else you got). (main use will be in the 4* arena though, he’s a bit too brittle for the 5* arena IMO, and in the 5* arena I prefer using snipers to take out key threats). Would not use in Very Fast, as I’d rather use slow AOEs who do more (e.g. LJ, Skittles).

Gadeirus… I’d only consider him for Very Fast. Too slow, doesn’t give enough of a boost… I don’t even use for Titans (I use Margaret, Gregorion, C-Brienne, Melendor, Wu).

He’s too slow for Buff Booster, though he does give two buffs (but then, so does C-Melendor; Brynhild is fast and gives more…)

Even in Very Fast, I’d rather use Little John or Skittleskull than Gadeirus to be honest. though to be fair, my LJ and Skittles are both +18 or more, poor old Gadeirus is only +3.

I think if Gadeirus buffed all rather than just adjacents, I would use him more.

For the record, my Buff Booster Green team is 2x Brynhild, Hansel, Caedmon and Caedmon-C (sometimes 2x normal Caed if enemy doesn’t have ailment casters).

2 Likes

Congrats @Ruskin505 and @Kilted !

I am really inclined to pull here instead of Festival, but haven’t committed yet. I really wish I had enough for a 10 pull.

As for Gadeirus, I think he is underrated. He will never see play on a deep roster unless they want to just ‘cause. I have heard of people getting use from him in farming as he is durable and heals. I do recall him driving me nuts as a tank in platinum when he was released. I agree with @sleepyhead that he really can’t hang in diamond unless you have a really unique concept team. He would be easier to sneak into an offensive team than a defensive team.

Do you have other Atlantis family member to pair him with? If you emblem him his durability would be great with a Druid minion, and heal.

He isn’t mentioned much because he’s not sexy. Like so many other non-sexy heroes there is plenty of usability if you wanted to though. I can already think of plenty of PvE contexts to use him for variety without sacrificing performance. Diamond attacking I have some ideas but they’re iffy-er. I would definitely tinker though.

When we did the 4* challenge for emblem quests a lot of people broke him out. They just had to remember he existed first.

Let us know how he works out, I would love to hear.

EDIT:! Missed @Quinn3 ! Congrats, especially in Kestrel, very cool hero!

5 Likes

brainstorming time re Gadeirus - my main qualm is he doesn’t buff and heal all (this is primarily my bias of using only 1 healer, if I can help it; I hated the idea of using one slot for Gad, then needing another slot for another healer).

though, I could see him working well in a team like

X / C-Kash / X / Gadeirus / X

or

X / Brynhild / X / Gadeirus / X

where the middle hero is your most key/most important, who gets the benefit of both Gad’s HoT and the heal from the other one.

to the left of C-Kash/Bryn could be a key support hero, while the right of Gad goes an attacker.

definitely would endorse trying in PvE, where the slow speed isn’t such an issue. I still have qualms in 4* PVP except for Very Fast though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I’m always looking for more greens to work on especially at 4star level which is my favourite hero level to use as they are normally just so much fun.

I have a Triton who is next on the list of blues to level that could go into a team with him along with a second proteus, getting the family bonus with those 3 would be nice for the defence boost. Also fits my normal 3,1,1 playstyle so could alter it either way to fit as need be for the main stack with the 3 of them as the main part.

Druid emblems wise. I’m currently working on Melendor after him I don’t really have other druids to emblem so he could easily see quite a number of them.

If nothing else he will definitely be depth for the tower events.

As usual, great advice and lots to think about. Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Thanks. Kestrel is a bit underrated, but I think paired with Peters it could make a good combination as he keeps the target at 100% and they have the family bonus for attack and mana generation.

2 Likes

sounds like you have the beginnings of a great team :slight_smile:

X / X / Proteus / Gadeirus / Triton. great synergy between Gad and Triton too!

2 Likes

Yep, I’m liking the sound of it already if using the blue stack add in Sonya and Kiril, Green use Melendor and Wren, Purple add CRigard and Gafar (who I always like with Proteus due to the stacked DoT)

2 Likes

To build off of the team suggestions he would be great for a durable, slow, but unyielding attack team. In addition to @sleepyhead suggestion he would also pair in the 2 & 4 spot with Zulag.

My initial through was a Boril, Elena, Cyprian, or some other riposter center between. Adding a reviver like Heimdall or Mother North to the team on a flank would be good if you have one. 5th spot is up in the air, but Triton for sniping, family bonus, and heal boost to the 2 & 4 spot heroes would be great. If no recover a wing Proteus would be good too.

Keep us posted!

2 Likes

Totally agree!

I always targeted Peters in Pirates and never got him. He is a more desired hero by me and definitely a top priority and n the BF or Festival portal.

Those two do pair well and the mana and A boost from the family bonus has lots of potential to help!

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like