The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

I have saved my EHTs for seasonals since forever, and only one legendary to show for it

In December I’m hoping to at least get frosty :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Good luck getting Buddy @PlayForFun & @Saros . I know many people, even F2Ps, don’t like him or out grew him, but he is +19 & LB’d and been a constant in my teams since I got him. His pic is in the hero thread if you want to see his stats.

I am not saving EHTs persay, but will burn what I have in hopes of getting Carol. I only have mana control in 2 colors. The second color is only LJ, so it is 80% in yellow. She got thoroughly thrashed when released, but I definitely think there is value. Not a game changer or must have, but definite value.

:beers:

2 Likes

I stopped spending my EHTs since the beginning of Morlovia trying to get Valeria, but got compensated for getting Frank and his costume. I’ve since then just kept the lids shut on the EHT jar. I will, once again, armed with what little EHT I have (I think I have 6 in there now), to try to head into Santa’s Challenge in hopes of getting Rudolph, I have Frosty, Buddy and Carol already. This would be like the what, 4th year I will be trying to get a 3* hero? He’s the only seasonal 3* I am missing.

Without a Nature Elemental def down hero on my roster, Buddy is my de-facto Def down member on Blue Titan fights. I’ve also already finished LB him, along with Mel and Mel-C. Sure, once I get a Nature Def down hero, whoever that might be (hoping for Eve out of HA10, but if I can get Almur out of one VF, I will be ok too, but will likely still keep Buddy in there just for initial Def down and additional green damage). But until then, Buddy is still my Buddy, as long as you can get by that creepy smile of his.

1 Like

I definitely see the value in Buddy, and also in Carol.

Though for those without Buddy, I’d like to recommend C-Brienne at least for Titans up to 6*. Mine is LBed and emblemed +15, survives decently, and has contributed to some astronomical scores.

1 Like

It’s almost time for me to ascend another Green. I’ll wait until Christmas ends, with the tiny tiny chance of getting Mama North.

But in case I don’t, who do you all think I should ascend among my 3/70 5*s?

I have Kadilen, Elkanen, Elradir (serious contenders) and poor old Horghall.

I already rank with Richard-C, making Horghall less useful

Whichever Green I choose will probably join my second Green war team

Ascended Greens are Gregorion +9 (with mana mode activated so charges in 9 tiles), Lianna +8, Margaret +7, Francine +7. I use three of them in first war team alongside Melendor-C +19 and Hansel +19

Second war team will usually have The last 5* Green, dupe Mel-C and dupe Hansel. Last two slots are a mix of Skittleskull +20, Kashhrek-C +11, Caedmon-C +19, and sometimes even Little John +13 or Jack O’Hare

Elradir could, I suppose,speed up Skittles or LJ on the second war team (though I would have to time my cleanser Caedmon-C well so their specials won’t conflict). Kadilen would help survival, while Elkanen would add a bit of oomph.

What do you all think?

1 Like

The sad thing is that you don’t consider getting multiples of the same hero. Otherwise strategies like having 3 xcChao on your team can be devastating in certain events as well as in raids/ wars/ tournaments.

I personally wouldn’t include LJ in the mana control heroes because he only has that ability in events where you can charge him before the boss wave. In raids the only heroes I consider to be mana control should be fast /effectively fast (average with 12% mana bonus) so that they can actually fire before the opponent’s heroes getting charged first. For example my Proteus isn’t an actual mana controller until I get a purple mana troop to level 17 and give him a mana node of 2%.

Carol isn’t great. She isn’t even good. I have her on an alt and been testing her whenever possible. Most of the time she’s just good stats, and her special does nothing signficant. However I hear that she’s a blast in the new improved Ninja Tower, although you’d probably have to protect her multiple ways for her to fire enough times to matter on the bosses.

Neither. Elradir is marginal, however I’d rather have dupe cCaedmon, even a third copy, since that is useful and Elradir is useful only vs specific opponents. Plus his mana link getting worse after the nerf…no thanks.

1 Like

I don’t fully agree with @Saros. I agree that neither Kadilen, nor Elkanen would bring something notable and unique to your team. But in case you have some freedom to select your war enemy to your taste, Elradir can still be useful. My Elradir is not yet max, but we very often face blue-tanking adversaries, so greens are in demand, and last time I tried him out against one with Vela and JF. He was useful. I took Gullinbursti for overheal, and one more (probably cMel, don’t remember) for heal-over-time, so that those two don’t kill everyone else with their dot.

But this is only one case, and I was definitely lucky there with the board. I will soonish finish him (cLianna disrupted my plans with Elradir), and then try him more systematically.

I can find arguments also for Kadilen. Yes, maybe she is not that punch that’d make you go “wow”. But her def-up against specials is not bad at all. It’s pretty hard to appreciate, because you don’t even notice it. But somehow, your folks survive, and can fire again and again… She served me well, and still comes back often against those blue-heavy defences in wars. Plus, if you happen to pull her costume from HA or portal, that’s a real piece of luck, and in that case, you already have the base version ready, it’s just the costume for level-up. (Can happen, right :wink:? cLianna happened to me :heart_eyes:…)

And yes, poor Horghall and Elkanen… Elkanen was sitting on my bench, when I had only MN and Kadilen as 5*, and 17 tonics and countless sturdy shields. I was always postponing and postponing and postponing him, because I had alternative 4* projects that looked more interesting. Until I pulled Bertila, then Elradir, Lianna, Heimdall and Cristobal (a 5* green from Magic Tower). Looks like he will stay there forever…

1 Like

Thanks @Saros @Gartenerbsen , some good food for thought. I will definitely ascend someone in January unless I get a better Green before then, as I have 11 tonics now.

At this time I’m leaning a bit more towards Kadilen for the survival factor, it’s less niche than Elradir’s special. It will be helpful for my mostly 4* second war team.

@Muchacho i used Carol heavily last Magic Tower, she stayed with me until the last floors i reached - she was sturdy enough to stand against the bosses, and the reduced skill effect duration made her bombs go explodey a lot. She’s not as effective a mana controller as, say, Proteus of course, but she can buy an extra turn.

1 Like

I don’t have Elradir, but I find everyone has a niche.
Regular Kadilen is one I used to run a lot because of Fast and special def up, which is nice for survivability.
Elkanen I still keep on the bench but will come out on wars because of his self-heal. Basically, against a blue tank alliance, I will run the following team as one of my 3 or 4th teams: Leonidas-Almur-Brynhild-Proteus-Elkanen. Leonidas and Elkanen self heal can make up for lack of direct healer. Almur helps with elemental def down. But really, you can substitute Almur and Proteus with other slow heroes to benefit from Brynhild’s mana up. In your case, you could run Kashhrek instead of Brynhild.

1 Like

thanks, these are really good points @Quinn3 ! A team with Leonidas (whom I’m maxing now) and Elkanen would be interesting… Kadilen does seem more all-purpose than Elradir too. thanks, some good points to ponder!

1 Like

Evelyn and Almur are elemental drops so they stack with Buddy. That is massive damage. :+1:

Simply food for thought, but when I stopped using Buddy for D drop on blue titans my scores went up. Taking, say, Grimm you get a super high A value (even if neutral color), you get a longer D drop duration, and minion attacks are wasting damage time. Buddy also drops A and is more durable, but thought you might like to tinker.

I would rank them in the following order:

Elradir - He hits three with equivalent damage to Elkanen and likely higher if your Elkanen isn’t emblemed. He would fire after most your hitters so his hit 3 would have more chance of additional critical damage from Gregorian. He has added perk of DoT reflect and mana gain. Even if less then before you’re getting mana. Teamed with fast heroes he can have them fire again right after almost depending on tiles. To me, those benefits outweigh self heal.

Elkanen - Ifnyou have cleric emblems. Without he may be third. With emblems is he a great survivor. Your biggest green heal is HoT in c-Melendor, which can be a weakness if you’re beat up. Him going off fast helps boost HoT. He also times with your other hitters at fast. Critical damage would still apply as Gregorian goes first.

Kadilen - without costume or heavy emblems just hasn’t done it for me. Some people use her, IDK. He damage is slow. Her special D boost is good when timed. You need to look at other options though and say am I better off potentially reducing special damage or killing faster? The way these new heroes hit, not to mention other abilities, having damaged reduced from initial impact can feel like a drop in the ocean. The optimist could say “if you ever get he costume…”

Elkanen and Elradir are both great following Buddy or any D droppers.

It’s not sad. It’s how I enjoy the game and appreciate the added challenge. I see it as a more realistic fantasy world so it wouldn’t make sense for there to be doppelgängers. It would be like the Avengers showing up with 2 Thors, 2 Hulks, and an Iron Man to a fight. To each their own.

Agree to disagree. I have average and slow heroes throughout my PvP teams and do fine. Not sure what you consider as a bar of measurement, but I raid in diamond constantly and have a winning record against 4900+ TP teams. It would different perhaps if I only used 4’s as against the higher diamond teams 4’s can’t take the punishment. My mixed teams (mixed in 4’s and 5’s as well as mana speed) can withstand specials and bounce back.

I think you limit yourself to fast, or made fast, heroes as a F2P your limiting an already depleted potential hero pool even further.

Again, to each their own :man_shrugging:

Very true and I do the same thing. :+1:. Both of mine have emblems and their hit is no joke meaning their self heal is even more. This is especially true once Elkanen gets rolling with a board as he is fast. I don’t have the troops yet to make Leo fast (yet).

1 Like

Thanks @Muchacho , good insights… Elradir’s hit is actually pretty beefy eh?

Does Greg’s critical hit boost affect specials though? I always thought crit hit only affected tiles.

But regardless, your comparison of Elradir v Elkanen v Kadilen is really good! Thanks!

1 Like

Beefy in relation to whom we’re comparing.

Fair point, I may be wrong there.

1 Like

I guess this is the difference here. I raid at the same level, especially now when I finally LB an entire monocolor team, and also have a winning record vs 4900+ teams. However the difference between 9 tiles and 10 tiles is enormous and usually critical to winning a fight. If I get to 12+ tiles matched, I have already won anyway so someone like LJ would only add insult to injury at that point, and if I don’t have 4x3 matches early, he’s just useless.

BTW I have yet to get enough mana troops from ETTs so my teams sadly are 10-tile teams. I can’t wait to make them 9-tile and improve my winning record drastically.

I also use a slow hero when raiding, it is Gullinbursti since I have no average yellow healer (dAndre is behind a paywall and I keep my coins for Teltoc). He’s the only one though.

Warning, this may be long winded (even for me).

I mentioned to @Noble_Weasel in a different thread that I have started reconfiguring and playing around with my attack teams. After finally caving and going mono I am changing after getting used to it. This is for two reasons:

• I did my final ascension extravaganza and have a lot of variety in colors and abilities at the 5* level.

• Of my 7 HOTMs, I have 2 years with 2 heroes increasing their abilities and extending elemental link.

I did some minor testing with just Glenda and Raff from 2020. These two paired up has been amazing, albeit mostly in PvE for now. In addition to the abilities of their normal specials, they get:

• Healing boosted to them only in addition to Raff’s healing.

• Added health to the whole team in the form of Glenda’s minion.

• Special skill D boost from Raff’s elemental link.

The teams with them have been working great so far. :+1: My goal is to eventually have a rainbow, 2-1-1-1, 2-2-1, or something along those lines team to just generally bring everywhere. I wanted to incorporate my 2019 heroes in Ranvir and Seshat. Their benefits, aside from their normal powers:

• A boost to them only from family bonus.

• Ranvir gives D boost from purple. This is admittedly more something that happens and may occasionally be of use, but doesn’t hurt.

• Seshat gives 4% mana boost to all (or so I thought).

Based on Seshat’s boost I chose Malicna as the 5th over Athena and Zimkithia (family orphans). The reason being even though I knew going in Malicna would only boost her and Seshat, I thought the 4% from Seshat would apply to all. Just as Glenda’s minion did and Raff’s D boost to specials. For some reason Seshat’s elemental link was still only applying to her and Malicna, not the rest of the team. Is that how it was supposed to be? I would have thought otherwise.

If the mana boost doesn’t apply to all from Seshat I may swap her out. Athena would be good with Glenda and Ravir’s boost, but then I am pretty blue heavy. Zim is great and her A boost could stack with Glenda and Ranvir. Speaking of Zim though, if I get another 2018 hero, would her 4% heal only apply to reds or to the whole team? The I really thought the elemental links applied to the whole team regardless or colors specifics, hence Glenda giving Ranvir a minion.

If someone smarter than me (@Ruskin505 , @PlayForFun , @Quinn3 , too many people smarter than me to name…) could clarify how these work, or if those are bugs, that would be great.

Anyways, here is the team I am trying:

It’s not perfect but for a first shot it has been performing well on S3 hard stages. I know paying players are used to this, but keeping track of so many abilities is kind of nuts. I have done some pretty big damage with Glenda’s boost, Ranvir’s boost, and Seshat’s family boost all combined. They seemed to all stack. I will try more PvP when I Raff is maxed.

I obviously am going to make varying attack teams without HotM bonus reliance, but are new, cool, and fun.

Good luck out there! Would to hear what other F2Pers are trying.

4 Likes

nice experimentation.

I’ve given some thought to my teams, but I think old habits die hard - for PVP I’m too used to going mono. For PvE, I usually go 3/2 anyway.

Then I had at a look at my HOTMs…

1. 2021 - no new bonuses yet

2. 2018 - Aegir, Gregorion, Aeron. Honestly, Gregorion is the only one I really use a lot; Aegir comes out for buff booster, but I prefer Kiril’s reliable heal. And Aeron is just sadly outclassed by C-Rigard. Anyway, Greg and Aeron have the same kind of element link so…

3. 2019 - Margaret and Seshat. Although, Marge’s increased defense against Fire is nice for Greens but meh for, say , Purples. (when I was newer though, I used to raid with these two together all the time simply because they were among my only 4 ascended 5*s at the time…)

4. 2020 - I only have Malosi, so no opportunities here lol

so that’s that for me and experimenting with HOTMs.

3 Likes

Not really an expert, but I would have thought the same as you. Maybe there’s some bug between using Malicna and Seshat. You could try taking Malicna out and replace with someone else and see if you can get the mana bonus with Seshat for all elements.

2 Likes

I don’t know why the link would not apply to all… you do have alot of buffs with the heroes so you could run out of space for icons, after applying seshat did you review the text list of active buffs or just look.at icons on the heroes? There is a limit to the display but don’t know quantity offhand.

2 Likes

I’m thinking this is an interesting option. Seshat’s increased mana generation and Margaret’s VF speed means that she can fire more often. Margaret’s elemental link may not be so useful, but doesn’t hurt if you encounter a red damage dealer.

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I used to use them together a lot, with Marge protecting my frail key 4*s (Proteus, Melendor, Sabina, Jack O’Hare, Hansel).

Maybe I’ll play around with it, though my mono-Green and mono-Purple are already set up how I like them :slight_smile: Definitely gonna try it out again for PVE though.

2 Likes