The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

so, I’ve got Zulag at +13 and she is on my raid and war defense teams, and does really well. e.g. one time in the last war, they took out Krampus first shot, and then the remainder of the team soaked up 5 more flags before they finally took me out. She is one tough cookie. my raid defense wins about 50% and generally keeps me just inside (or just outside :laughing: ) of diamond.

there’s a lot of disdain for Zulag around these parts, but she is mostly made to be on a defense team and isn’t particularly great or fun to go out and play with elsewhere. although, she makes my 2nd yurple team in wars and does fine there.

I just happened to pull Malicna right after i gave her the tabards, but i don’t regret it.

also, pulled Yang Mai today off of free Atlantis coins! yay!

4 Likes

@Muchacho I love your emblem post and your logic is pretty sound. I’m jealous of your Zimkitha.
I’m a big LJ fan and use him (costume bonus and 18 nodes) more than Elkanen at 4/80.

This is painful for me to hear. I hope all f2p spend their gems elsewhere.
I do like Leo more than Roc. Leo and Rana are more even to me. I don’t have Rana, but @Quinn3 helped here.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I am stockpiling fighter emblems because I have no one worth giving them to. I already got Elena, and Magni to +18. I don’t have any other 5* fighters. I started giving Richard Paladin emblems, but as it is, I barely use him. He’s at +15, but I don’t have any other real candidates. Maybe I should have just stockpiled them, but he does come out the odd time.

I find that boards are aggravating… while most are somewhat balanced, there are some that are just so skewed in 1 or 2 colors that it frustrates me. And it’s when they are coincidentally the colors I didn’t bring. For example, with reverse formation, I’ll stack against one of the end heroes. So there’s a choice between 2 colors. You wouldn’t believe the amount of times I pick yellow instead of red (for example), and then I get a board full of red…

Of course, I have a video posted where I was playing with a blue mono for fun and forgot to change when I ended up against a Telluria tank. While it wasn’t quite blue tiles everywhere, there were enough that I was able to wipe out half the board with specials before the defense could fire.

If you haven’t hit your Troop level limit, then go with the Advanced Iron Storage as you’ll need them all maxed to upgrade the advanced buildings. Then Advanced Food Storage as you’ll need them for research. Mind you, if you aren’t hitting a wall with food storage yet, you may consider the farms as everyone will tell you that food is hard to come by. Forge… well only level 19 is useful for tornadoes, I never use miracle scrolls so I wish I never got to level 20.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I did a write up comparing her to Quintus way back in this thread. If you’re bored go back and tell me how wrong I was :laughing:.

I envisioned her being good in hard provinces where there isn’t ready dispel she can keep your team slogging through even in elite enemies. Her along with a primary healer and the other 3 being damage dealers. Sounded fun :man_shrugging:. I meant to get her but summoned a day late and got Glenda. I would have been happy with either so won’t complain.

Congrats! Malicna has been great for me!

Double congrats! @SamMe is going to use the power of hope to get her for me I think :wink:

You’re only allowed two great pulls in post. After that you’re showing off and I will respond with profanity :laughing:

:beers:

3 Likes

I am well aware that there will be food issues later. But I did some digging in the forums around and found out that the amount of food one gets from wanted chests/titans is directly dependant on their food storage. So isn’t it better to max out food storages before farms, because that would increase my food gain from each of the six titan loots I get daily?

Given you essentially have 30 heroes at 4/70 +18 or better, what’s your plan for embleming three stars? Too niche?

1 Like

Possibly, but the amount of food I get from chests is pretty minimal with my storage maxed. Generally they may hover around the 60-100k mark. I don’t pay attention to the titan chest, but that’s usually what I get from the monster and raid chests. How does that compare to your experience?

Currently food I get from titans/wanted chests is around 20-70k mark. Iron I get from titans/wanted chests is around 60-120k mark. Since my iron storages are far ahead than my food storages, if it’s comparable, it seems I am losing an average of at least 35-40 k food per loot, which given the fact that I have 10 such loots (2 monster chests, 2 raid chests, 6 titans) daily which equals around 350-400k food loss because of unmaxed food storages.

These aren’t precise calculations of course.

I wouldn’t compare the two. I usually get twice the amount of iron than I do food from chests. Raiding in diamond usually gets me 100k vs 200k, food/iron with all storages maxed.

1 Like

No doubt LJ is better there. The question is the comparison to Elkanen +18. Elkanen has been performing well on offense. Durable for hard provinces and raids to be outside Buddy’s meat shield. Hits hard enough after Buddy for Lianna w/ CB +4 and Caedmon w/ CB +20 to finish. No real secondary effect and mana slowing from LJ is so nice with my relatively vanilla roster.

To be decided with Malicna … The thing is Elkanen’s costume would be used for stats only. The power is kind of garbage unlike say Azlar or Grimm mentioned above.

I find if you say enough dumb things when you say something less dumb it sounds smarter than it is :wink:

Lucky HA swap actually. Super fortunate as my red team is hands down my worst. I just wish she was a different class.

I love my Richard +19. He is super durable as I go through S3 hard. He admittedly become better paired next to Glenda. Firing in those order obliterates A LOT:

Kiril A up
Glenda special A up
Athena D drop
Richard to finish and drop A.

The 5th is Magni or So ya situationally. Potent-ish by my standards.

Truth, I am currently damn near out :laughing:. Sure you’re starving, but you’re super rich!

My plan is nothing :laughing:. I don’t do raid tournament often and have enough 4’s and 5’s they never come out for wars. Basically they exist to get me through the first few levels of ToL and that’s it. We’ll see though if I run out of options. Playing around them is fun from time to time. Inhave some good 3’s unleveled still too.

True, but that happened when I 3-2, 3-1-1, etc. Before it meant toast for my mono teams but they seem to survive enough of it is only a few turns. I can lose a hero or two also and still win … some times.

The biggest benefit to mono I find it I get to use more heroes that don’t make it off the bench when I go only 3 deep per color.

Yes, though that’s really where the bench shines in wars against alliances that set common color tanks. My green bench is pretty deep, even excluding duplicates but my others are pretty light.
Out of curiosity, how do you decide which color to go mono? Is it just a random guess or is there a particular defense match up that you try to match your color?

I admittedly don’t have a strategy. It depends on the colors and abilities of the enemy team, the formation, and who is most dangerous/their accessibility to damage with the formation. Also, what mood I am in too I guess. If I just want to try something or not.

I pegged Zulag the lesser threat in the post above and was just flat wrong. I had 3 purple - 2 yellow. Switched to mono yellow and won even against two enemy yellows.

I think ultimately you can beat a team with lots of mono color teams depending in the team make up. A guy in my alliance uses a mono blue team for everything, even green tanks and wins regularly. He is like 4600 trophies all the time.

I guess we could play a game. Post a D team I can tell you what I would fling at it. Even if we can’t play it out (unless you join my alliance) we can at least see the theory behind it.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed thing reading through the first time. Lots of people were suddenly active :+1:

This intrigued me because I didn’t realize this until you said something. I never counted. If +18-20 4’s count as base (vanilla) 5’s I can field the equivalent of 30 maxed 5’s for war … that’s awesome!

I didn’t think I would ever be at that point back when I tracked such things! :partying_face:

Once upon a time, I had a plan for a D team built around Zulag that would have taken advantage of the lack of dispellers in yellow and red. I think it was in the Zulag hero thread. Then I got Krampus and Heimdall, and it became moot, since I had two top-notch tanks. I could still use a good purple tank for tournaments that call for such a thing, but I just can’t justify giving paladin emblems to anyone but Heimdall for the foreseeable future. I even took the 65 emblems I had already given Zulag. Maybe one day.

Woot! Congrats! She looks great.

Oh, these were all saved legend coins. I was just saving them for a HotM I wanted to target. ToL has the worst odds in the game of giving something good. Would never use gems there.

Also, obliterated my record titan hit earlier today. 130K against a two-star blue (you all already know we fight small titans). Team was Heimdall +9, Almur + 18, Buddy +18, Candy Skittleskull +18, and Lianna +18. It was sweet.

Anybody have any experience with Stonecleave? I’m almost done with him, and his attack is pretty monstrous for a four-star. Azlar is getting reset for Gretel when I finish her, but I’m thinking an attack emblemed Stonecleave might be pretty OK.

2 Likes

Congrats again! Show off :laughing:

I really want to crash your alliance for like a week or something and see how I do against one of each color or something. Maybe some day … when you like me more :wink:

I believe sleep-dawg @sleepyhead does, but I may be wrong. Maybe @TGW ? I thought a couple of people ‘round these parts did.

1 Like

it took me a little while to find it, but i did. spot on. also, i wish there was a better way to search inside a forum post.

until i got the demonic librarian, Quintus was my only other purple 5, and he’s at 3/70, where he’ll stay for quite a while. but he’s quite useful there, especially with cRigs and cTibs. i’m guessing with the aforementioned crazy creepy book nerd he’ll be great. get them all charged up and fire, and then he’ll be ready in the next move or two to fire even without any more purple tiles.

as for pulls, i have gotten very lucky with my pulls, since i don’t pull that much. my alliance mates want to know what my ‘secret’ is and i do have my own ‘method’ but you know, RNG gonna RNG and it’s probably just my own superstition. i guess i’m just lucky? :man_shrugging: hopefully @SamMe ‘s power of positive thinking will come through for you. :grin:

if you’re curious, i can post my D team. it’s a real upgrade to the previous iteration, which was all heavily emblemed vanilla 4s. and i’m always curious to see what other people use and what works for them.

lastly for now:

I have two, unleveled, that i’ll eventually get to. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but i’m pretty sure one of my alliance mates runs a mono or 4-1 purple with 2 Stonecleaves and said it works really well. they tend to draw the specials in ghost form, and they do a surprising amount of damage.

4 Likes

Thanks. When I saw his attack go north of 700 before getting maxed or emblems, I started thinking he might be useful. Freakin’ Baldur is annoying as heck with that hit every turn, and Stonecleave could be a mini version of that, plus ghost mode is kind of a 20% blind (assuming your full team is still standing and the enemy isn’t yellow). Four-star purple kinda lacks hitters, and after Gretel, I can either re-emblem Azlar with my barbarian emblems (agree with @Muchacho’s assessment of how useful that is) or give Stonecleave a whirl. (I could also max my 1^1 Obakan and give them to him! :laughing:)

3 Likes

How about switching back to standard? Try Joon-Quintus-Richard-Elkanen … Athena? Magni? Though I would still bring green for that defense.

Or pop in your red healer and go rainbow:

Joon - Boldtusk - Richard - Domitia - Elkanen

I like Domitia’s dispell and her average speed, even though she has less emblems.

Ideally, Zimkitha would take over BT’s spot when she’s done.

You could switch Joon and Elkanen too, though I like the blind to kick in sooner than later.

PS: I like Stonecleave! He’s not leveled up yet, but he’s fun. He hits every turn when he’s active.

1 Like

That’s a great defense team @Chrislilt. Very strong.

I too only use free pulls or saved gems. That means I don’t pull often, but every opportunity means something.

Running Reverse formation with this defense:

I hope you stick around.