šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (v30) ā€“ Hero Balance Updates; Updated Alchemy Lab; Hero Academy; Updated Sand Empire Seasonal Event; Updated Path of Valor; New Season 3 Heroes; Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep HOTM ā€“ Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

They only rebalance heroes who will still have significant chance to be summoned: classic heroes (they are everywhere in the summon), event heroes, and those who will still appear as featured in Atlantis.

They no longer care about old HotM who will no longer be featured such as Thoth or Aeron because they wonā€™t generate money.

But why not give them to us in HA then, if they not generate money? Or they think than ToL will generate revenue?

They are ā€” Hero Academy has the same older HOTM as Tavern of Legends.

Itā€™s the ones that have rotated out of Atlantis.

1 Like

With 1% chance. I mean than they can give us retired HOTM as 100% chance at HA10, or at least 20%.

Yeah I can see your point with Aeron and Thoth. Iā€™d like to nominate Perseus and possibly Natalya to that list. But still beats leveling Aeron or Thoth over Quintus or Obakan IMO.

And sure they rebalanced Horghall and Khagan in one of the patches last year but was that enough?

Yeah, HA, in its first iteration at least, is total :poop:

But thereā€™s another thread for that, so Iā€™ll abstain here.

3 Likes

SGā€™s plan of v30 been like that so farā€¦

4 Likes

Ok, quick answers.
A vanilla S1 hero is not equivalent to a S3 hero. Thatā€™s obvious.
The question comes to whether itā€™s fair that SGG is using costumes to bridge the gap instead of simply increasing the base stats. We know the answer that SGG is going to try to get money somehow out of the S1 heroes and the costume chamber is their answer.
Would I prefer that all S1 heroes get upgraded via global hero balancing? Sure, I wouldnā€™t complain. Likewise, having costumes is still an opportunity for upgrading and keeping S1 heroes relevant. Besides the increased stats, they also provide a 5% mana bonus which is not insignificant. New costumes where useful functions come to mind are Kadilen becoming a faster Inari, and Kashhrek being a mini-Heimdal.

For the last week, we have been learning so many new and interesting ways the developers have introduced to completely ruin this game.

We get the garbage nerfs for heroes people have spent valuable time and hard earned money on. Using materials maxing and putting emblems on and then find out it will no longer be the heroes we spend our resources on. Most valuable being our time.

Then thereā€™s the nerf of the titanium shields which nobody was asking for. And now we have to use all the ones we have now before they turn into something useless.

And then yay, we get info i the Hero Academy which was announced a year and half ago with the promise it will be much more friendly to use than the Alchemy Lab. And then we find out that we can trade in a duplicate 5* with a chance of getting an old hotm. Some of the beta testers have run years worth of test runs and not received a hotm.

So we can trade in Khagan for a Thorne, or worse, we can trade in a duplicate hotm and get season 1 5*. Not even nearly a fair trade.

Then the ā€œimprovedā€ alchemy lab. Only sgg could take a pile of crap and turn it into something even more useless. Itā€™s supposed to be more f2p friendly by not requiring gems. But it would cost all of the food that all of our storages can hold. But who has that much food on hand. In order to use it, we would have to go to the shop and use more gems to fill the food storages than it would cost to pay the current gem rates as it currently is.

On top of that, on level 10, we have to use 2 4* mats to create 1 different one?

Honestly, sgg is on a roll of poor business practices, complete wrong-thinking, and just missing the mark on everything.

Theyā€™ve taken a lot of swings with the upcoming v30 but have completely missed on every single new thing. Thatā€™s a statistical anomaly. You would think at least one new thing would be good for the game.

6 Likes

the whole balance will prolongue the gameā€™ life and keep the gap between f2p and c/p2p at a measurable/reaching distance.

i salute the initiative!

1 Like

any info on when the new hotms might possibly come out in beta?

If the order continues to follow the order the Small Giant Staff wrote them in, then HOTM will be the next content to enter Beta.

But when that will be is hard to predict, especially with so much in testing already.

If all contents testing in May then what about other months bro ? Will it be new stuff or these things will continue for some months before new features come ?

Hard to say, itā€™s certainly possible all of the content being tested could take longer than the next couple of weeks to finalize, and could still be testing in June.

We still have new HOTM, updates to Path of Valor, and new Season 3 Heroes and Provinces that havenā€™t even entered Beta yet, but are intended for Version 30 testing.

2 Likes

I hope they finalize the telluria/vela nerf in Julyā€¦2025 :smiley:

1 Like

Update to POV? Any interesting news bro ?

1 Like

Well, and HA will probably go live around 2030,because it needs further ā€œtestingā€, and oh no there comes S4 S5 S6 and 7 with costumes round 3 4 and 5, new events, new portals and literally every little change that became absolute priority as soon as they thought about it so unfortunately there will be no capacity to test HA and they are so perfectionists that they dont want to release it without proper testing.

I mean, with the current iteration of HA, does it even make much of a difference if it comes out in 2030? :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

My guess is that they may ultimately release that in an update ahead of Version 30.

I wonder if itā€™ll come before the 5* Rush Attack Tournament with no reds allowed thatā€™s expected 3 weeks from now.

Itā€™s not in Betaā€¦so no, no news.

3 Likes

Still no July Red HOTM?

1 Like