đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v22) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: New Buildings, Titan Battle Items & September/October HOTM

Awesome! Another name my husband can call me. Nice :rofl::joy::smile:

8 Likes

The 1 gem skip is just for Beta.

Everything else for the new buildings is set up as it will be for the live game.

2 Likes

I was under the impression that “whale” is a name husbands are discouraged from calling their spouses, but sure. :smile:

10 Likes

We will see it soon :thinking:

1 Like

Since I have two languages now
 English and EnP, whale would be considered a compliment in this context
lol and ONLY this context lol

5 Likes

In fairness, who else could you have been replying to?

I mean, I did post several examples of what I consider whining in my last comment. Generally, I meant “emotionally charged complaints without anything constructive to say.”

I don’t defend them every time they’re criticized. And I have also criticized them myself when I’ve felt it’s been warranted. (That’s been rare, because I think they’ve made an incredibly well-balanced game.) Point being, I agree with you here.

I mean, my whole job (insurance broker) is customer service. I’ll let a client go if they speak to me that way more than once. It happens rarely, but I don’t need that kind of vitriol in my life, and people who act that way don’t deserve to have their behavior rewarded, imo.

1 Like

Absolutely! Thank you too! :slight_smile:

Personally, I think that would threaten to break the balance they’ve achieved, but I suppose it might not. Like I said before, I personally would prefer shorter build times too, but whatever. It doesn’t bother me where they’re at now.

Does it though? It’s passive upgrade time. It’s not like you have to have the app active and open for the timer to run.

It’s what the building times unlocks that’s supposed to improve the gaming experience, not the building/waiting itself. [shrug]

1 Like

Wow no. Earn their keep by spending time? How does that work? SG can’t pay its’ enployees with ftp players’ time. And the MV revenue is far from meaningful.

2 Likes

please present the concrete evidence that MV revenue is meaningless. are you aware many games make big success on ads and traffic alone?

also, time invested by f2p players is MONEY, actually but it’s indirect. the more players the more attention, more activity, more interaction and that is what enables the game it’s longevity and success. f2p players are a base upon which everything else is built, even the systems that (sometimes sucessfully) tempt f2p to invest some small amount of money.

if you still really think f2p players are meaningless for revenue then i’m sorry but we have nothing further to talk about on this matter.

5 Likes

Nah, you’re right actually. Without ftp players, the game can’t continue. SG is smart in designing their game to enable them to compete, which keeps them playing.

But the guy you’re replying to wasn’t wrong: It’s not always a given that a game is set up that way. So, while I’d agree that calling it “a great benevolence” would be a reach, I’m grateful that they’ve done so all the same.

3 Likes

Constantly thte same it’s realy Boring

1 Like

I was playing a phone game when an ad for empires and puzzles game up ( similar to MV) and I downloaded it. So, I’d imagine I wasn’t the only person. Never spent money on any phone game until this one as well. MV is probably a great source for SG.

8 Likes

When you upgrade a forge to the Hunter’s lodge, can you still forge the original battle items in the lodge? I’m concerned all the advanced buildings will overwrite a lot of important things. I’m guessing a TC will have to be sacrificed for the Hero Academy, hopefully we can still train every other level, too

2 Likes

Is it possible to convert back a new building to original if it’s undergoing research?

1 Like

No, like the Barracks, the underlying building’s functions aren’t available.

But also like a Barracks, it can be converted back to the underlying building in 10 seconds and for free, so long as the building isn’t busy, and a Builder is free.

No, as with Forges and Training Camps, research “occupies” the building, and prevents use of it, conversion of it, or upgrading of it.

3 Likes

I don’t like the idea of having to jump back and forth. I’m guessing we will have to sacrifice a training camp for the Hero Academy. Hope it is worth it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You could potentially have the Hunter’s Lodge, Alchemy Lab, and Hero Academy on top of Forges all the time, and flip a Barracks onto and off the fourth Forge periodically to eat feeders.

I suspect that will be my setup, barring limitations on which buildings can be converted to the Alchemy Lab or Hero Academy.

2 Likes

Like said
 soon there’s harpoons to be made.

Middle manna and big manna have roots so not.
Are there more?

2 Likes

in current build the required itens are 1 clean cloth, 1 large bone and 5 common herbs

4 Likes

Can you still craft regular battle items in the Hunter’s Lodge or do you completely lose the function of the converted forge?

1 Like