đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v22) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: New Buildings, Titan Battle Items & September/October HOTM

Pretty sure you can’t craft forge items in the hunter lodge. gotta convert between the 2 buildings. Conversion only takes 10 seconds.

3 Likes

Might be an issue when upgrading. You need a spare builder to convert, so if you have two upgrades going for a week or more and need to craft battle items, you are kinda stuck without them.

It is heavily implied that some form of training will be possible from Hero Academy. They even said that Advanced Training Camp was absorbed by Hero Academy. I’ll be astounded if they give us a fifth place to train by letting us convert a forge. Would be nice to have 5 trainings going at once though!

4 Likes

I go weeks at a time without crafting Battle Items now, so that wouldn’t bother me.

I doubt that the training will be geared toward feeders, though — other than Troops, which are likely to be trainable there, last we heard.

But it’s certainly possible it might require sacrificing a Training Camp.

4 Likes

So to be clear, assuming your iron storages are high enough, it’s 8 days for SH21, then a few days to build hunters lodge and do the research? Then you can craft Titan banners and smash titans? That seems reasonable to me. That’s the best feature of the upgrade in my opinion. I’ll wait a couple weeks for that.

Upgrading the advanced buildings to get resources passively is an extra, and I don’t particularly care how long it takes. Most people spend 3-4 months or more getting TC20. I haven’t seen how much the advanced building produce, and we don’t know if we will be able to upgrade all our farms, mines, houses to advanced or just one of each. It very well could be that we’ll see a substantial boost in production even during the beginning advanced levels. Which wouldn’t take terribly long.

At any rate, I have a feeling this stuff may not take as long as people think, at least to get some tangible benefit.

EDIT: Per this spreadsheet it’s

1. 8.5 days to upgrade SH
  2. 2 days 6 hrs to get Advanced Iron Storage level 2
  3. 2 days to upgrade Hunters lodge to level 2
  4. 2.5 days to research Titan Banner

So 15 days to be crafting Titan Banners(+50%atk/50%def)which a beta tester said was one of two items he thought most valuable.

6 Likes

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Currently a builder is stuck until the upgraded building is completed and then that builder is used for another/next upgraded.

Based on the comments above in the quotes am I understanding that a builder is stuck whilst it is also in use even after the actual upgrade is completed or am I misreading that and the builder can keep building elsewhere once the new us converted.

1 Like

Once a building is converted or an upgrade is complete, that Builder is free to be used for something else — that hasn’t changed from how it currently works.

2 Likes

Ouffff, that good, I was getting worried for a second then, lol

Cheers

2 Likes

You know I have been reading some of these comments acusing beta players of having game advantages etc.

How do players think they get what they have. Beta testing is done for everything on the interent from your ISP right down to any website you visit including every single online game.

Even before the internet everything was tested before it got released to the public.

They have all backwards and should be thanking these beta testers for the countless hours, time, feedback they provide to SG as without they wouldn’t have really great playing experience.

Bugs are always going to happen at times, can’t be helped but these beta testers iron out 99% of them for us and that is valuable priceless information provided by these guys free.

I was disgraced to see/read some of these comments.

All beta testers who ever they may be have my 100% backing, appreciation and expressed thanks.

Cheer guys.

14 Likes

15 days to Titan banners. No more complaints please

1 Like

@zephyr1 Don’t the harpoons themselves also do damage and/or debuff. That’s another tangible benefit.

2 Likes

Yes, this is the current description of Giant Harpoons:

One enemy gets 750 damage and -20% attack. If the enemy is a stunned Titan they get -25% attack and -30% defense.

If the enemy is a Titan and enough Harpoons are used the Titan will drop Titan Parts. The amount dropped increases with the amount of Harpoons thrown.

5 Likes

So, will it be a case where guilds choose a titan and everyone throws harpoons or there should be enough access to materials that every titan will be attacked with harpoons?

2 Likes

It seems plausible to me that some alliances will try to manage resources, and pick and choose which Titans to use them on.

And even if alliances choose to use them on every Titan, they’ll need to decide which Target they’re going for, to try to avoid wasting Harpoons.

2 Likes

I feel my post had no whining in it, but only my opinion. I was also explaining why I feel these are so long, as it keeps us busy and not just stuck in place until season 3 gets here. The last questions I asked is if in the middle of the build the 2nd builder runs out WHAT HAPPENS??? Is the work lost??? If that is what happens it DOES force you to keep it or lose the progress

2 Likes

When you assign the 2nd builder, and you lose that builder before construction is complete, the builder stays until the upgrade is done and then is lost.

6 Likes

Ok thank you for that answer

1 Like

Thanks @zephyr1. Just to be sure:
If you have SH21 you can upgrade only ONE Farm to Advanced Farm (and upgrade it to adv lvl 10 without any limitations). But you must have SH23 to upgrade another Farm to Advanced Farm??
And so goes with Mines and Storages?

1 Like

With the new buildtimes this will need a lot of planning for F2P.
Think ahead what buildings are needed for the next 8-10 days, make sure you have them ‘active’ and then start the build.

2 Likes

Correct, that’s the current setup.

Like everything in Beta that might change, but so far that’s stayed consistent through all of the Beta releases.

3 Likes

Have there been any updates to beta? I’m hoping they release soon. Any bugs still showing up?

1 Like