Sudden burnout and quit: goodbye from a long time player

Hello, all. I have been a loyal player of E&P for 3.5 years. I was always a free to play since day one, not a cent spent on this game (wisest decision in my life). I actively played daily and visited the forum (almost) daily as well. I commented on threads and offered help to other players when I could. I tremendously enjoyed this game. But lately my joy has decreased significantly. I think it started to happen last summer. And last night, when I tried to play ninja tower and encountered the cursed costume bug, I suddenly just felt a big tiredness toward this game. It was really strange because just one minute ago I was still enjoying the game and looking forward to completing the tower. Then all of a sudden I just completely lost interest. I am not sure what happened but it is all irrelevant now. What is relevant is that I said goodbye to my wonderful alliance and uninstalled the game on the spot. Oh and I spent all my gems on a donzen ninja puls and only got an Ametrine. Another sign that I needed to quit.

When I woke up this morning, I did not regret the decision a bit. On the contrary, I felt good that I now had more time to exercise a bit and make breakfast for my family. Now that I think back on it, I had thought about quitting for a while now but never could actually pull the plug. But last night, I finally did it.

So I am just here to say goodbye to my fellow players. I know, there are hundreds of other “saying goodbye” threads out there. The E&P community has been truly supportive to me. I enjoyed my time here very much. I also felt the need to say thank you to my alliances. I must have joined over a dozen alliances but most of them I stayed very short and regrettably I do not remember all of their names. But three alliances I really need to show gratitude to:

1. Battle Toad Academy
  2. China Avengers 2
  3. Helios

Especially Helios. I stayed with Helios for well over two years. This is a very competitive yet super laid-back group. They were very generous to offer a spot to a free-to-play like me. When I first joined the only 5* I had were Thorne and Vivica. The companionship I got from Helios for the past two years was simply amazing. Thank you all. And if any of the players is looking for a good alliance, I highly highly recommend Helios.

Anyhow, time for me to move on. Best of luck to my fellow players!

49 Likes

Sad to see you go but do what is best for you! I feel like exits will increase between the change of the seasons, saw that some last time.

5 Likes

@lightsmessenger
Happy and sad.
I certainly know who you are because I remember well when I was first diagnosed with cancer all of your kind messages.

These are the things that you never forget.

So take all of the good memories and add them to your walk of life.

Best of luck to you from an old pirate.

Yarr !!!

:pirate_flag::palm_tree::sunglasses:

13 Likes

@lightsmessenger we don’t know each other but I can fully understand what you feel…
Actually I am waiting for this moment already for a bit of time for myself, but wasn’t yet confident enough to arrive in the end ^^

However, thanks for your honest words and all the best and luck for you!
And enjoy the extra time with family, they deserve it more then your smartphone :slight_smile:

:turtle:

7 Likes

All the best.

I’m of the mind it’s always best to stop playing a game when it’s no longer enjoyable, so a wise decision to make.

7 Likes

@lightsmessenger … Sorry to see you go. You have posted a nice goodbye message. And yes the wisest decision anyone can make in this game is to be 100% F2P…… so we’ll done you.
I wish you every success in your future endeavours… it’s sad to see veterans leave, but I know we will all get to that point at sometime in the future. My eye is on January 2023 when I have an extended 3 month holiday on a cruise ship. I wont be buying the WiFi package lol so it will be an ideal time to uninstall the game.
Take good care of yourself

5 Likes

wishing you the best on your newfound freedom - it sounded like it was the right time for you to quit!

best wishes!

5 Likes

Enjoy your newfound freedom. Good decision. :)))

4 Likes

Game has become nothing but a pay2win joke over the years. You can stuff it - i’m done.

3 Likes

20 good-byes! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

@Bozoid …
Sorry to see you go but I really do understand that many players will get to the point of quitting the game for one reason or another.
It will come to all of us at some point.
Use your new found freedom well. If you are looking for a new game find one that you don’t spend in.
Take good care of yourself and be happy.

1 Like

@lightsmessenger Munch told me you retired, a sad day indeed. Wishing you all the best in whatever you do IRL.

1 Like

Have a great time exploring the world outside EP. :)))

Uni! It is great to see you! Yea, I haven’t played the game in a while. I only logged in a few times to collect from hero academy (still hoping to get great heroes haha). My final tie to this game is my 900 something underwild coins. I would like to just spend them. So next Thursday when the season 4 portal opens, I will do some last pulls, then quit for good.

I wish you best of luck!

1 Like

You know you’re gonna get Xnol, Fogg, Liz and kravenkush with those 9 pulls right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

man if i could get this kind of luck, i might just come back to the game haha

2 Likes