Story mode

It was a huge let down to kill the final boss after 23 long levels to get common battle rewards. Why have an on going mission in the mission scroll and then not give a reward when you beat it? I think we should be rewarded for finishing the story with more than a couple training swords and backpacks!

7 Likes

I know many have expressed this disappointment, DavidM275, and I’m with you.

What kind of prize would you have liked to get for completing story mode?

3 Likes

Well anyone can complete the province. They decided reward REAL achievements instead. like pick up X amount of food or train Y heroes or watch a commercial :wink:

5 Likes

They also have a Sarcasm award. :smile:

3 Likes

Make 10 sarcastic comments on the forums. Check, here is your 10 gems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Idk Ascension items would be nice and epic hero tokens

So, say…1 epic hero token, 1 epic troop token, and three random ascension items? Would that be sufficient?

I’m thinking aloud, because I never decided what I thought the prize should be…

(Btw, I think you should change the thread title to “Prize for completing Story Mode”…)

1 Like

Options are many!

USEFUL

• golden tokens
  • troop tokens
  • a 5* hero that’s awarded to everyone who completes story mode and only then
  • unlocking a new building that, for instance, allows to train troops [edit: as in create new ones to eat]
  • ascension items

FANCY
possibility to expand on each of these with new seasons

• 2 new portraits to choose (one male one female)
  • unique badge/frame/symbol around the portrait
  • big fancy banner on the front of the fortress that you see entering your hamlet each time
  • a victory flag on your outpost thingie in the hamlet

And yes, there really needs to be something. I’ve complained about this a bunch of times on random occasions because it’s just such a massive buzzkill as it is right now :smiley: Cmon, LG!

3 Likes

We already have a building to train troops, burnlove the rest of your ideas.

I mean a one where you can create new ones using say Training Manuals and Rugged Clothes (these items need a sink lol, this could be a good one).

1 Like

I really like the badge idea (that others can see?) that gilds the lily a little. After all, what’s the point of beating the game if no one else knows you’ve done it? :smile:

3 Likes

Anyone have any idea if additional levels are in the works? Maybe another landscape with another 23 levels? Like some TV shows have 23 episodes, the next landscape might be referred to a Season 2…

I’m still a little ways away from the end, in fact - am in the middle of province 15. I just signed up on this forum this week, so still have a lot of comments and notes to catch up on. That said, finding out the completion of the story line has an anticlimactic end - sort of speak - is akin to finding out the favourite show you just started watching and got half way through the 1st season won’t get renewed for a second season. It leaves me wondering if the remainder of the episodes are still worth watching, or would it not be better to find another show to watch?

I do hope it will not turn into another Storm8 situation where a set of 9 or so similar games got shutdown and we never got the chance to complete the story lines.

Anyone care to share how long it took them to complete the story mode? With perhaps an estimate of how much $$$ they invested towards their game play?

Thanks for sharing.

Agreed. I am ways from completing the story yet but definitely would like to be gifted some things worthwhile that are not farmable :thinking:

Also Like Ellilea and Rook said, for starters, a badge of some sort would be the least SG can do for all that grind one had to put in. And it wouldn’t unbalance anything in the game for doing it which hopefully would interest the Devs :sunglasses:

1 Like

I kinda love the fancy possibilities!

sounds fair for 23 provinces of slogging. :slight_smile:
though guaranteeing at least a 3* ascension item would be fair. don’t want to think what someone would do if they got 2 rugged clothes and a sharpening stone…

I’ve made a small mockup of the SH ones here: Visual mockup: Achievements + Achievement & Title Medley

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Definitely was hoping for something more. I’m on board with the 5* character idea, I think for many it’d be their first 5* and really add to the value of the single player campaign.

Possibly a character with a passive skill as opposed to a combat related one- if they’re on your team when you replay a story mode mission and survive the boss battle, you’ll receive more and/or better tier items afterwards. Ups replay value and makes farming more bearable once you’ve shifted your focus out of single player aspects and into the multiplayer sets.

A post was split to a new topic: History of Empires and Puzzles?