Store should be better value right?

First time I’ve noticed this but the deal in the store is worse than in game for undead tales coins. Thought the whole idea was to give better value as they didn’t need to pay google/ios charges. Have there been other instances or is this just a one off mistake?

3 Likes

@Petri lookk. How can?

I don’t think every store offer has to beat every in game offer. They’re additional offers. Not every business offers the same item for the same price every place.

This is a total bs from their side.

Why? Again, not every store offer has to be better than every in game offer. Not every offer in the game has to match every other offer. Some offers may be better or worse than others.

1 Like

At the very least, it’s not smart of them to offer less value in their own store, as there are advantages to people buying straight from in-game (at least, with Google)

One being PlayPoints

The other being, you can use more ways of payment like Giftcards

…so does seem like a bit of an oversight.

Then again, maybe it’s just targeted to the people who will buy every offer, no matter what? Cuz it’s still a better deal than the in-game, or hell - even the website - gem shop

2 Likes

Because they promoted the external shop as a win-win solution.

In the case that an offer is worse on the shop vs the offer from the game, they win while the players lose. They win because they no longer pay the fees to Apple / Google.

1 Like

This isn’t a gem deal though so the quoted text about gem deals of better value doesn’t apply here.

If you want to discuss whether it’s a smart move, yeah, I don’t fully get it. I would think they’d have great offers in the store players can get more for less and they get more revenue with less fees.

Perhaps the store isn’t taking off as much as they wanted and they’re just using it to supplement regular offers for folks who want to buy a lot of deals?