Stop Blaming SG and Zynga

This is inaccurate, and irrelevant to what most people are complaining about. You just erroneously lumped everybody into one group. Let’s clear up the facts and make you a smarter person while doing it:

Yes, SG and Zynga have shown a history of periodically buffing heroes that are making a portal less desirable or nerfing problematic toxic units per their own measuring analytics. You get a certain group of people that complain about that, but it’s not the majority.

What SG hasn’t been doing in the past, and just started recently is A) releasing 2LB with extra special skills that completely changed the game, not just made units more powerful and B) huge ‘game balance’ with nerfs and buffs just scattered everywhere.

These are both recent (and proposed) changes which brought about the nospend. So no, they haven’t been doing that ‘the whole time’ and that’s what has irked people the most. Not what you think is irking people.

2 Likes

Calling you out…. You unable to hide…. :rofl::rofl::rofl:is all you can put up….for show…
But,
Still, Nothing of value to contribute…. = good luck trying…. :rofl::man_facepalming:t2:

All can read & see you….:wink:

Calling me out…? For what… :exploding_head::sleeping::crazy_face: you spam every thread to “show” how rational you are

But,

What you contribute…= no more /less value than anyone else…just many new paragraphs, excessive punctuation and random :golf::purple_heart::mushroom:

And,

Still, you use too many words to do it / “speak an infinite deal of nothing”…

● Calling someone “naive” (and saying “politely put”) doesn’t make it polite
● random CAPS…just because…
:poodle:

All can read and see us both…Dansing…for BETTER or WORSE :wink:

Thinly VEILED digs, mOcKeRy and “call outs” are all part of the toxicity you and I both would like to… avoid

But… here we are.

1 Like

Wow, dear sweet protector of whosever you imagine needing it…. In all you jibber-Jabber, you overlooked, that I called those questions naive and gave a detailed explanation about various aspects that go into the whole process……
But
You clearly got stuck on that one word and decided to stay stuck there without processing the whole comment.

Can’t help you pal…. You gotta find your own way forward….

About ToXi ….well, i do agree that it should be avoided….but like iron deals better with iron….instead of wood…. One has to discern what is needed in the moment….

• I don’t like personal opinions without sound explanation / at times …. A logic, dumped as accusations and hence found amazingly “blah” to see those question being hurled as some Gold standard….while they lacked rational / context …. And will not even get considered.
  • Also those questions weren’t new, but theme has been a continuous thing in this space of blaming SG and players who don’t fall in line (like you chweet one :wink: is attempting with me)….

I write in my style ….don’t know your style, neither interested in your style…. So if you don’t like, stay away…
But
If you engage, then it better be of value and not some technical word out of a whole big comment being pulled to crib, complain, blah about….
Bcoz,
You may not get the desired attention & for sure not the desired outcome….

Food for thought

• If you park that naive word for a moment…. Did you understand what the comment meant to communicate….
    OR
  • Was it about… I gotta …somehow anyhow….in some way anyway contradict Dansing…. So won’t pay attention to his comment…. Let’s start bashing his one word…:man_facepalming:t2::smiling_imp:

Finally, Only you know …. Whether you r stuck behind a word (won’t help y out a bit…)
OR
You are here for constructive reasons, then you would have thrown Dansing’s word you don’t like in the corner and see if that comment’s message has any sense in it & make an effort to improve it or dump it…

There you go…. Hope this helps😀 …. If I don’t care, I would have left the conversation….coz, I already said enough before to let you enjoy the whatever you trying to….

Cheers !

The “blame” here needs to be fairly divided between all. SG made a game that generates money. That is their business model. It proved to be wildly successful for a myriad of factors, one of which is the players spending huge amounts of money to chase the latest and greatest in a bid to be “at the top”. Now SG has intensified their “latest and greatest” and the players are rebelling.

Ok, instead of constantly assigning blame for the situation just work on how to fix it. That is a much more constructive use of your energy. Or just accept the situation and carry on playing.

4 Likes

SG precisa parar! Zynga why don’t you just put a stop to this Big Balance Update nonsense? All of us players are against it! Zynga is killing its own business. No one else will have the confidence to chase summons and spend money to later learn that their hero has been completely changed or ruined!

2 Likes

Before aether
Before costumes for costume
And before the other aether
And before the costumes
And before the emblems

Our rosters would grow just as you say.
However… "the model" as you put it, was on a different scale. For example:

In 2019 there were 35 heroes released
Last year, there were 149 + 45 costumes. (194)
The numbers are already half that this year but we have 7.5 months to go…

More content is appreciated. And if all this added new content flooding the game was balanced then the game experience would be supplemented by a thriving variety!
Profit may be lowered with balanced content, however… supplemented by a growing population versus a shrinking one. And still make millions from unique heroes rather than OP ones…

Instead…
"the model" is greatly amplified…
And players who were actually here to experience the old days began to observe:

Now…
Add emblems
Add costumes
Add aether
Add a costume for the costume
Add the other aether too…

Not only has the model been amplified. But the amount of time requirements has also greatly increased…!

If the “Big Balance Update” was genuine, then older content should be brought back up!
All of it! Elevate everything that they botched and stealth nerfed in their high paced creep flood.
Variety would explode!
For a short time…

Supporting a Big Balance Update that offers a few crumbs to a few older heroes, and even attempted to flat out nerf older content that still has "metrics"…??

No thanks…

4 Likes

I agree stop blaming SG and Zynga as Take Two interactive actually own the game now
They are to blame

For what it’s worth, the Big Balance Update was never intended to level the playing field - from SGG’s own words, it is intended to give them design room for new heroes without having to increase the effect percentages to extremes.

Thing is, it’s still just obfuscation - smoke and mirrors - to conceal the power creep.

Next heroes they design will have, let’s say, 230% damage to all at fast. However, according to the new design philosophy, where they’re going to put more power into base stats, - they will also have about 15% more attack than the previous generation of heroes. In practice, it will result in the same numbers as a 270% to all would do in the previous (current) design philosophy - with the exception that newer heroes also have +15% defense and HP.

The new, post-Big-Balance-Update, hero design is intended to reduce new hero effectiveness against their own tier/generation of heroes, while keeping them vastly overpowered compared to anything from a year+ ago. It’s a masterpiece of predatory design.

12 Likes

Spot on @Eldente

Yes…
And always was.
But not always… to such a degree as it is today!

More importantly, the amount of time and work we have to devote for:

Has crossed boundaries of game enjoyment into g… r… i… n… d…
Grind
and then grind some more!
Keep grinding…
For "reduced hero effectiveness"

The ratio of work to fun is…imbalanced

I think players should share blame when they beg for costumes.

Or when they jump on balance complaints,
solely as an opportunity to beat their chest and parade their inflated egos.

2 Likes

Os culpados são a SG and Zynga sim e bão podemos parar de reclamar!
We are all being lied to and ripped off! This Big Balance Updade lie is a deception, as it has nothing to do with balance! If the intention of balancing the game were true, SG would stop wildly launching new heroes, one more OP than the other. An example is the launch of Sneferu from season five, he will be more powerful than Khufu, and Khufu is receiving a nerf. Where’s the balance in that?
The truth about the Big Balance Update is to make existing heroes less attractive to force players to summon new heroes that SG will keep releasing and thereby taking more money from players. But that will come at a price, as there will come a point where players will abandon this game and any game released by SG.
Stop spending on this game, don’t invite more, don’t buy packages, that’s the only way SG will learn when they feel it in their pockets. I suggest that everyone make a negative record on the plays store by leaving a star and commenting on the shamelessness of this company!

2 Likes

Essa postagem merece ser replicada em todos os tópicos de assuntos sobre o jogo:

1 Like

stop shopping or stop complaining?
It seems the simplest of the 2 options, but it doesn’t affect free players based on fun when there is time to play
and I don’t really care about stronger event heroes
play and play as long as there is time for it

2 Likes

Freedom is very important to our individualistic western culture but more and more often today it seems to border or even dip into egoistical/individual zone.
Someones freedom can restrict another persons freedom or evem hurt other people.

Peddeling any narrative you want can be a dangerous thing, especially if it is lies and insults to certain people races, believes and so on.
Dont forget the impeact Orson Wells war of the worlds radio broadcast had in the past and since then, with the internet it has become a lot easyer to work up grossly inflated hyped up stories which are based on lies or not telling the omplete truth.
Freedom should be accompanyed by responsibility but unfortunately nowadays this seems to be less and less the case.

3 Likes

Indeed; I’d go so far as to say that freedom that hurts others - particularly freedom without responsibility - isn’t really freedom, properly speaking, at all: it’s power and privilege.

As to the OP more directly, I have in the past argued that while, personally, I really don’t like taking any stance that tells others how to spend/not spend, I do sometimes argue that certain types or times of spending do reward bad SG behavior and that we as players should consider that.

Having said that, going as far as “don’t blame SG/etc.” can potentially turn into a disingenuous line of argument, to wit:

• If players do keep spending, and SG/etc. continues to accelerate current and arguably disappointing trends, then blame the players for those trends

• If players don’t keep spending, and SG/etc. wind up the game rather than respond to what players do want, then blame the players for not supporting the game

This game was successful for years before accelerating the rate of hero release and exponential power rush. I don’t think most folks are seriously saying anything “eliminate all power creep! redistribute hero wealth!” but rather “a lot of trends in this game are accelerating increasingly out of hand, plus QC has been at times notably suffering, possibly as a result.”

1 Like

2 Likes

I do blame them for this abysmal 10x.

That’s just as reasonable as thanking them when you get lucky… I guess.

Dante has his uses :+1:

They do set the odds.