Stones' colour distribution is NOT random - MASTER Board Conspiracy

Match board != new tiles

It is 100% apparently

1 Like

Just when you think the conspiracy theorists have been distracted by Kalo nerf threads one of them
escapes to throw in a classic and totally skewed theory. Been a while since I read a good crazy number post about why the boards aren’t random

Same discussion all these years… and some guys don’t see the obvious. Random boards don’t exist otherwise the game would have no fun. A lot of examples i don’t bother to show…

Rash wars with these boards are impossible to change the outcome

Multiple Tornado when used on titans tiles on the edges etc etc

Try to understand something…
Random boards will never be …
Try to change the outcome of the battle

Are Boards really random?

To solve this question I collected data for the the distribution of the color red / the element fire in 5000 start boards (only start boards) in all categories (events, wars, map, tourneys, friendly matches) and with all the mixes of my hero roster.

This is the result:

This looks like nearly exactly like the normal distribution by Carl Friedrich Gauß
10_DM_Serie4_Vorderseite
BUT, shouldn’t be the highest number 7 because the board is 7 shields wide and 5 shields high - this makes 35 shields and there are 5 colors/elements so the average and highest point in the normal distribution should be 7? and shouldn’t the 6 shields and the 8 shields per board occur about the same number of times? Is this the “standard deviation”?

@Math4lyfe maybe you can use your mathematic skills for a reading/interpretation of the data.

1 Like

Random and the distribution function are two differrent things. You can obtain the random number from a uniform ( rectangular) distribution function or from other functions e.g. a gaussian distribution. SG only stated its random and never told us about the form of the distribution function.
Rectangular distribution functions are easier to implement, but in scientific programming libraries there are lots of gaussian distributed rngs available.
Maybe its unintentional due to numerical constraints. I think the colors sre easy they will take a number between 0 and 4 and each number represents the color. With the position on the board its different, they could fill position by position on the field or try to scatter the colors more e.g Pos 0 and 34 then Pos 1 and 33 and so on or a similliar approach. With the limited numbers , 5 colors on 35 positions, a gaussian distribution is not unlikely.
But your core finding is again, boards are random and not rigged!

Happy gaming

2 Likes

It’s not random. I have almost every attack same situation.

1 Like

If you have almost every attack like that then it shouldnt be hard to show 20 consecutive boards like that. Looking forward to seeing it

Yep that is definitely conclusive proof, you have convinced me!

What is this troll word you use? I am unfamiliar with it. Is it this creature?

If so, is very cute guy! I am happy to be this troll

2 Likes

Well maybe I didn’t explain it sufficiently but the fact that you change the mono color and every single game (let’s say 6 in a row) you can match 3 out of 150-200 emblems means ut’s mathematically next to 0 ergo not random (random means every emblem having 20% chance of being any color)

I dont know if you have heard the sentence “Dice have no memory”.
If it the distribution is random this is true for boards to.

Now you start with any board and if playing mono you already have a high probability for a bad board.
This is true for every following board.

So 6 bad boards in a row is nothing special,
6 good boards in a row would be a lot less probable! :smiley:

And then how come mine are not every attack like that :grinning:

Wonder if this is the biggest thread in the forum besides the count to 20 lol :joy:

That just doesn’t make sense. There are 35 emblems on the starting board and each emblem has a 20% chance of being any color. So talking about a chance of starting a bad board due to mono is simply stupid.
Not to mention sometimes you exchange tens /even hundreds of emblems (due to combos) *(my max is apx 250 -inc initial 35) and you’re not able to match enough to trigger a fast hero.
Change color of mono team each game and this to happen several times in a row (meaning we’re talking about hundreds of emblems *(6games)) + while echxanging the color you play with + fighting against significantly lower team…
Chances are so close to 0 you can say for a fact 100% the boards are not random.

Or you simply doesn’t understand what ‘random’ means.
Btw. Apx. 80% of all games are decisive (in about first minute or so) and there are clear patterns in this game. Clear visible to all that are not paid trolls and those that want to do serious research.

But hey - try it yourself, why don’t you?

Do the same. Pick your best mono teams. Change colors every game, do re-rolls only against weak teams (by TP) and pick only those that have a tank weak against color you play with…

Do 1000 games like that (I’ve done thousands) and then calculate the probability of your results. *you don’t even have to calculate the probability. Just see how many you’ll be able to win.

Last thing - sometimes if the boards want to kill me, I will have close to 5min games against same team and then on the 3rd attempt I will win in apx 30seconds.

I also know the reason why the boards cannot be random.
If they were you would be able to win with mono against much much stronger teams…
My max is 1700 point difference in TP. On 7th attempt. 3 rares 2 epics against 4900TP legendary team.
It wasn’t OP team but I also tried this against teammate with TP of 5200 with OP heroes (with my epic only team) . Took me 14 attempts. I was just not getting the boards at all. None. Couldn’t trigger single hero in 13 games in a row. /5:days in a row. Then on the fifth day and 14th attempt I killed him. He paid thousands of bucks for that team and I killed him with epic only team.

And that’s WHY boards CANNOT be random…

Either you dont understand probability and statistics or you dont want to understand them.

You have 35 emblems on the board so if you had an exactely average color distribution you would have 7 emblems of every color, which still says nothing about how the emblems are distributed on the board.
If you use a rainbow team every emblem is more or less usefull to you. If you use a mono team only 7 emblems on the board ( if you had an exactely average color distribution ) are more or less usefull to you.
This fact should show you that it is a lot easyer to have a bad board with a mono team then it is with a rainbow team.
If you know the Gauss curve you know to, that everything that is possible will happen sooner or later if you try often ( billions of times ) enough even it is a very small probability.
Furthermore as explained before boards have no memory. Same as dice and roulette tables.
This means it doesent matter if you change colors or not because the event ( match ) you experiencing at the moment you play ist not connected to the match you played immediately before this match.

All this should bring you to the following conclusion.
The less colors you have in a team the higher are the chances for a bad board but the more power you can bring to bear in the shortest amount of time IF you have enough emblems of the color you use available.

This was now a short and incomplete explanation how the the system works not including other factors like board skill, hero quality and how you choose your opponent.

This is one of the resons I NEVER ( so far ) loose 6 raids in a row even though my attack teams are usually waker than my opponents team.
I choose my opponents according to the heros they have in their teams and the possibilities my ftp heros offer me. This might cost me some food but this is compensated by the higher winning percentage.

When I cant choose opponents ( tournaments ) I play mono a lot more often and so my winning percentage drops accordingly but I am able to beat opponents that I would not beat normally with rainbow teams.

If you still think that color distribution is not random, there is at least one tread in this forum where it has been empirically proven that it is random.

I wish you all the best for your further matches and hope you choose your opponents with care. :+1:

1 Like

You count on the premise that the boards are random. That’s false thinking.
Calculate the probability if even 40% out of 10000 you will not get one specific color . Coincidentaly the one you chose to play with.

It’s impossible. It’s like rolling a 6 on a dice 20x in a row. Can it happen? Theoretically yes. And maybe once it will in real life too. Out of billion tries.

But this is constant pattern. Pattern in a sense that there’s a certain % of games you will not get (not any) color, but specifically color you play with.

Btw this happens on duo color too.

On ocassions I had games 3/1/1 with huge majority of emblems being 2 colors I didn’t play with and I lost in the same absurd way that I lose with mono.

1x? Coincidence
10x? That’s suspicious
100x? Absurd
1000x pattern (for trolls it’s a conspiracy)
But you cannot fool the stats.
And every single player I know personally has the same experience. That’s not thousands of games but tens of thousands games. With the same thing occurring over and over again
Thing that has a probability of 1:100000 maybe

AGAIN

DYOR and calculate the prob yourself. Stop trolling and do what I suggested

How so?

The chances of a starting board with 0,1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 of your mono colour (let’s call those “bad” boards) is statistically high - 43.3%. Depending on your team and the defense you are facing that may be enough to be a death sentence for you. At 59.98% you have the chances of getting 7 tiles or less - i.e. not a “good” board but an “average” or “bad” board. @Elayanith explained it very well below but even getting 7 tiles on your board may not (usually will not) lead to a 3-tile match on the tank hero, and may not result in any match at all. So you may still not be able to match enough tiles in the game to fire your specials, let alone win. 8 or 9 tiles are probably good boards - but again you can’t really predict where those tiles will be placed. You are now at an 85.4% chance of getting boards of “slightly good” through to “bad”, where a win is by no means assured and it is often an uphill battle. That leaves about 1/6 boards where you have 10 or more tiles and these I would say “should” be guaranteed wins - assuming you don’t get accidental cascades etc. Also remember that that may be enough to take out the tank and maybe another hero - but the boards could easily dry up then and still leave you without a victory (granted, there are some mono teams where 3 matches guarantees a vicotry in almost all cases - these are high paywall teams however).

Why in the world would you introduce such a high risk as going mono against WEAKER teams?

What is your definition of ‘random’?

Based on your playstyle, using mono, somewhat true. I would say something more like 50%. Try not stacking so heavily and you will see the outcome is usually not foregone until a few minutes in.

By this do you mean anyone who doesn’t agree with you?

What is this point? Boards are random, sounds like a good case for it.

That is the whole point, you CAN win against much stronger teams.

What is the point you are making here? I have reached top 8 globally in raiding with a team of one rare and 4 epics. Trying to get to that number 1 spot but it is a seriously difficul proposition once you crack the top 10. I used 3-1-1, 2-2-1, 2-1-1-1 configs for the most part in getting there.

I didn’t read one thing in your post that led me to this conclusion

What exactly are you saying here? That you get ZERO tiles of your chosen color? Or that you get less than 7? Please use exact numbers

Once you clarify your previous point we can try to gauge if its possible or not

Have you counted and recorded your results? A few players have - and all the results pointed to the starting boards being random. I personally counted starting boards (back in the days when I ran mono) for about 300 raids and the average of my chosen color was something like 6.8 or 6.9. Very slightly under average but well within expected margins. Can I see your numerical results?

4 Likes

Sorry to say that, but that is utter nonsense.
First the items on the boards are called stones, tiles or shields. Emblems are used to activate talent nodes on maxed heroes. Then statistics, I hold a Ph. D. In Science and even teached same math at University, I know quantum mechanics and stochastic, believe me.
What you are telling is pure anecdotical, like @homacleese would say, record 100 matches and post the link to the utube videos here.
We have a pseudo random number generator here in the game, that leads to streaks and high standard deviation in the probability distribution function, but even with a high standard deviation its still random.
I can hold my own anecdotal knowledge and experience against yours! I raid 99% mono, start in the 2650-2750 cup range. After filling my raid chest I normally are in the 2850-2950 cup range, often in the top100 worldwide. How is this possible if the boards were rigged against mono players?
And why should they do this, there is no revenue in manipulating the boards. Mono is a high risk approach and you should only do it if you can kill one or two opponents with 7 tiles, have defdown or elemental defdown in your team. Sometimes you need other specials like cleanse of dispell. Thats the reason I reroll some teams, strong green tanks with taunters or riposte heroes on flank, I will not attack with mono red, because I have no red dispeller. So it is better to reroll.

If you attack fully emblemed and limitbroken tanks with mostly 4* heroes in mono , it is no wonder you mostly loose. You need 4 or more tiles to kill such an hero without a heal to occur. If it is a fast tank with a high level mana troop, he fires after six or seven tiles and you are doomed. No conspiracy just game mechanics…

Cool down and assess your roster and troops. Try 3/2 or 4/1 if you do not have enough high level mana troops.

Happy gaming

2 Likes

I used to track raid wins for my own amusement more than anything. Over thousands of raids I was at around 80% success rate. I’ve never cup dropped, I just start from wherever I am and go again.

Most of that was Mono playing too, only fairly recently have I started to stray from that.

Most people can’t possibly believe the issue lies with them, it’s all the boards fault. Poor synergies and often low level troops will have impacts when fighting solid defences with good synergy and high level troops.

But you’ll never get people to accept this. It’s the games fault, it’s against them :man_shrugging:

Where I am today, I’m far from the highest but I’m an active raider…never have I thought the boards aren’t random

5 Likes

Thats not how any of this works. It is your claim that boards are not random, it’s your to prove with actual evidence. And appeals to anecdotes and ad hominems with no actual verified data isnt it.

Since this thread started not a single person has had a shred of tangible evidence to support it.

Somehow that isn’t how it works though….throwing baseless confirmation bias and what/if/maybes is all you get back, along with a statement that I should prove THEM wrong…

Ermmm….how about no? You don’t believe it so the burden is on you to prove your stance. My stance it they are random as stated. You want to tell me E&P is rigged then you prove it.

4 years in and yet to be proven….I’ll not hold my breath this time

3 Likes