Stonecleave, Mireweave, is either worth bothering with?

But of course Triton hits harder, he’s single target. As is Valeria, I believe? You can’t expect Mireweave to hit one target as hard as a sniper plus two more for half as much - and only as a 4* to boot. It would be ridiculously OP.

Disclaimer: I haven’t levelled mine yet so I can’t say you’re wrong about the damage levels. Just that the comparison isn’t like for like. “This apple is really squishy.” “That’s because it’s a pear.” “Well my apple is much much firmer than this!” “That’s because… oh never mind.”

4 Likes

I agree about the comparison

For clarity though, she hits three targets evenly, not minor damage to the edges

I used her in the trials at 4/70 the other day to see what happened, and she was ok, but nothing special. Perhaps she will be good in monthly events? Not sure yet

1 Like

O right, misread the card above. So if she hits one third as hard as Triton she’s doing ok!

I’ve got her nearly maxed. Fun mechanic, certainly, but the damage multiplier on her special is disappointingly low at only 150%. Maybe if it was 200%?

I’m thinking the main practical use for her is tile damage. Cause though the multiplier is low, her raw attack stat when stacked high is nuts.

3 Likes

She literally charges with a couple of AI hits or even just 3 ghosted tiles, She will go off usually without intervention around 4 - 5 times, in any given match, every second turn ( or more frequently) and her basic attack power is about similar to Tiburtus and if you use an attack buffer (e.g. a common one like BT), and she is on to her second or third boost and her attack stats go from ~860 hp to ~1400 hp (and just keep going up); it’s nuts!!! She will do that every turn or second turn until it is over (for her or for someone).

These people bagging her clearly have not yet mastered the skill of checking the hero cards during play (for all the useful goodness they contain). Most “claims” so far, do not represent reality; certainly not my one.

Even more bizarrely, these level people are the one rerolling obsessively to get down to my level for an easy victory AND they are losing, 4200 tp vs ~ 3700 tp. And they will try 3 times in a row!!!

No one is supposed to get raided UP to diamond! How does that worK?

EDIT: I have to add a caveat to my comments and that is that Mireweave is ONLY excellent when equipped with at least a level 9 mana troop. Without that troop she doesn’t charge with 6 tiles and you have to wait for a third hit which can mean a completely missed turn. I was just running her in the challenge event (where she is restricted in Epic to level 3 troops) and the performance is not inspiring!!

@General_Confusion, @Ggbarnum, @Gorann. I made a video showcasing Mireweave with a direct comparison to Tiburtus and LiXiu who are comparable in hero power.

Start looking at 2:11, 2:26, 3:33, 4:30 and 6:45 until victory. If you cant see the stats in the video, I’ll post the screenshots.
The first three have just Bold Tusks +48% attack (Mireweave is at +3 however which puts her at 170% base attack). The last is Mireweave almost fully stacked with the same +48% buff; Tiburtus and Li Xiu are 800 attack points behind. Exactly how is she not doing damage?

!

4 Likes

Stonecleave - maxed for fun, and he doesn’t make it to my main mono team which is full of maxed 5 stars. I use him for 4* tournaments and he is indeed fun. In the bloody battle not being able to touch him is very cool. The damage he deals is pretty mediocre, the slash deals around 250. Not a hero I would recommend to anyone looking for optimal roster, but I like the freshness he brings (and yes, I do have and used to use Ameonna, but although the ghost perk makes them look similar, they are very different beasts)

Mireweave - looks good and fun on paper and I was excited to max her, I even took her to some battles with my other 5 stars. Unfortunately, her initial kick is very low. Battles in today’s world do not last long enough for such hero to show their full potential. I’d risk saying that’s something that will hurt all of the stack-based heroes they play to release for season 3. Max I ever achieved was to fire her 3 times, and barely noticed the attack buff that came with it. Mostly because the match result was already decided by that time so it didn’t really matter. She may be shining in fighting against monsters and long boss battles. But it may help early-mid players maybe, those with deep rosters would only do it to desperately look for new ways to play the game.

1 Like

Mireweave really isn’t best in a PvP environment since you will probably not get much of a stack built up. She is intense on quests where you have waves of enemies. Titans as well if you can get her stack up a bit.

The Mireweave thread has a lot of helpful observations from many players. Worth a read since OP has the time.

No experience with Stonecleave. Not upset about that

3 Likes

I saw the video. It seemed that those stats rised pretty slow, tbh. And it’s not that powerful either. Just my opinion.

I appreciate the input, but attack stats dont lie; at intermediate levels tiles are doing withering damage if you have mastered team synergy; the special is this lovely bonus and Mireweave delivers imo!!!

Good luck in game! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d used Mireweave during Grimmforest epic event… She was useful, because she could easily have 6-7 stacks until you reach bosses… So, not bad having very fast attack on 3 with 230-250% by the end of the fight. With Grimm’s defence down, dmg was significant.
However, not so useful in PvP mode.

2 Likes

Mireweave is one of the few Valhalla heroes I have. She isn’t maxed yet, but has been very useful in some event stages.

1 Like