Status Ailments Removed As Buff?

As suggested in the previous message, Sartana direct damage versus 8-7 left boss: 1087

and then, Sartana SHARED damage after Wilbur fired: 826 + 826

The total is more (due to Wilbur defence down), but is shared, not multiplied.

Sorry you are not correct. Why do yourself do not crosscheck this?
If I hit an enemy hero with a sniper while Wilbur’s SS is active he does not get less damage as the damage sharing would mean, it gets the full amount of the damage while all other members are getting the same amount of damages even you did not hit them!

Without Wilbur’s SS only the targeted hero gets the full damage. With Wilbur’s SS all other enemy team members get the same amount of damage.

I played a fight with Wilbur, S2-15-8 hard. Just now. Made a screen video too.
I hit with Tyr the boss, Cochin and he got 294 damages. I activated Wilbur’s SS and hit him again. He got exactly the same amount of damages of 294 while both the other enemies got around 280-280 damages too. (Amounts are not exact.) So instead of a damage of 294 of a single hero’s hit the enemy received finally appr. 3x294 damages. Do you call it damage sharing?
Me but not.

Wilbur is a great hero. Deffinitely worth one 4/70+18 and at least another 4/70. Wonderfull fist is a tricky skill to use, though… if you 100% don’t understand it’s up’s and down’s, it just might mess up your fight. But if you know how and when to use it, it will keep you alive and help you make short work of the enemy team.

@Ian487

I did it just few minutes ago with S2-15-8 hard. Hit the boss Cochin with my Tyr, and he got 294 damages. Then I activated Wilbur’s SS and Cochin got exactly the same damage of 294 (!) while all other enemy team members got around 280 damages too.
Without Wilbur 294 damages.
With Wilbur 3x294 damages.
Do you call it damage sharing? Me but not. What’s next?

Pic or it didn’t happen

2 Likes

@Ian487
the same experiment I did with my Ursena. If I targeted the boss, all the opponent team got around 229 damages each.
With Wilbur’s SS they got it exactly three times. 229/229/229 each enemy hero. This I do not call damage sharing, do you?

My hero was hit by a warrior, I think around 100. With Wilbur’s SS activated my targeted hero got only 20 damages while all my other (not targeted) team members got 20-20 damages too. The sum of the damages was 100. This I call damage sharing, hopefully you do it too.

@uvekolarz do you have S2-15-8 hard? Why not try? You’ll never believe me, OK. Maybe you’ll believe yourself?

Another random stage on Atlantis.

628 as direct damage
281 + 281 + 281 (total of 843) as S H A R E D damage. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I just did and guess what…

Tyr without Wilbur:

Tyr with Wilbur:

2 Likes

@UroSecondo

I’d not call 628 = 843 but OK. I see.
I believe you 100000000%
More, I understand it much better. I see how it works with your team through this war.

I hope you’ll believe me, I had this with ice vs fire 290 single and 290 (ice) +280 (nature) + 280 (nature).

The truth is somewhere outside, I think. :upside_down_face:
This means momentary conditions, hero status, class vs. class, etc.

Thank you for your explanation. The first time somebody wants really clarify the issue trying to understand what I had recognized myself.
My experience is easy to understand if I calculate, the visible damage is not equal the hit. Therefore if I hit a hero with 900 and he gets only 300 damages for a reason (shield, etc.), with Wilbur’s SS I still try to hurt him with 900, he but gets 300 by his own conditions while the other members get 900/3=300 each.
Visible on the screen:
Without Wilbur 300 damages, with Wilbur 3x300 damages. A wrong point of view I see.

Thanks again. Really thanks.

The shared damage is bigger when added up because all enemies have lower defense.

1 Like

That is not how it works.

Here is how it works:

A sniper fire special skill to one enemy. Without Wilbur’s defense down, it is only 600.

As the enemy has defense down ailment from Wilbur, the damage is multiplied from 600 to 1000.

However, Wilbur also give buffs to enemies (synchronization). Due to this buff the 1000 damage that should have hit one enemy is spread to all enemies. As there are 5 enemies alive, the 1000 is divided by 5 into 200.

The result is 5 enemies got 200 damage each instead of 1 enemy get 600 damage.

1 Like

Thanks.
Already clarified by someone else.
Finally is easy to misunderstand how this works, if you see at once a damage shared exactly (like 100 damage = 5 x 20) and a visible multiplied damage of 3x300 instead of the single hit of 1x300.
The 1x300 results of the enemy status, the class differences, armors, etc. etc. while hitting by 900 in reality the remaining 2x300 damages but results from the original hit of 900 divided by 3 = 300 damages each.

This makes no sense at all… first Wilbur drops enemy defense with 44% so any hit against an enemy would do significantly more damage than the same hit without the defense debuff. It is not possible to get 229 damage without the defense debuff and still 229 after the enemy defense was dropped… Second, Ursena is a AoE hero. For a better understanding of Wonderful fist I would recommend a sniper. Under normal circumstances, a hit from a sniper, Magni let’s say, causes a variable ammount of damage, based on a math formula that accounts for Magni’s attack, special damage %, and active buffs or debufs and the enemy’s defense, and active buffs or debuffs, AND a variable random multiplier. Because of this random multiplier, the same hit, under the same circumstances, from the same attacker against the same target will result in different amounts of damage every time. If Wilbur was active and there was only one enemy on the board, that enemy would feel whole of Magni’s wrath, taking all the damage while having it’s defenses 44% down. The amount of damage against that enemy would be much greater than normal, because of the defense down. If there were two enemies, the caused damage would be shared between the two enemies, the amount of damage depending, of course on who was targeted. So, it would be wise to target the enemy with the lowest available defense, for maximum effect.

1 Like

There is even a funny synergy to take advantage of that buff: Fire Wilbur first, than Finley. He will hit everyone, cause they have a buff then. Downside is, he will overwrite the -44% def with -34%, but in most map stages the enemy will be down enough that it was still worth it.

1 Like

Makes or makes not, it is/was like this. The explanation but is already given which clarifies how and why this sometimes possible. And where the interpretation mistake of mine and others came from.
Thanks for your effort to deal with it!

@APatok I hope with everyone pitching in, you finally understood how Wilbur works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.