Special skill damage increase should increase owl damage

I know Owl damage is not affected by buffs that increase attack and defense, but based on the description on the card i would expect that the damage should be affected by a buff that increases special skill damage. I have checked this using Leadria, but i see no increase in damage (see screen shots). Can this be corrected of otherwise correctly specified in the text?

The whole point of Owls is that the are NOT affected by any buffs or debuffs (except growth/wither, because those are not buffs). If they were affected by them, the whole Moonrise strike thing would be even more stupid than it already is.

1 Like

The increased special skill damage buff is additive, not multiplicative (if the special skill does 240% damage and the buff gives +20%, it will do damage equivalent to a 260% special skill, not 288%).
Knowing this, it’s pretty clear that it won’t affect Moonrise strike because its damage is given in absolute value on the card and not percentage-based like the usual special skill’s damage.
So in my opinion, it working just fine and as intended by the game designer I think.

That would explain it. If it is indeed additive then i find the effect of such a special very marginal though… often a special does 300%-400%. That extra 10% or 20% hardly makes a difference.

I think so but I still agree that the description should be clarified to avoid the confusion.

Yea it can always be made clearer. In this instance, I think only one word is necessary (example with Glenda):

• The caster and nearby allies get additional +40% direct damage for Special Skills for 4 turns.

Just adding direct to qualify the damages that are improved by this effect. And I think we can all agree that Moonrise Strike is NOT direct damage (“Attacks all enemies with Moonrise Strike, […]”, not just “deals x% damage […]”). This should also clarify that DoTs are excluded from this effect, if it was confusing/unclear for some players.

Unfortunately, I doubt SGG will really bother with this. They very rarely update/reword special skill descriptions unless it’s really broken (like doing the opposite of what it says, not just about some undetailed corner cases)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.