Some costumes are worse than original

I did max some of the 3* costumes (including Prisca) by just giving them 1*s myself. Everything else was saved for the 5*s I was leveling. I find 5*s at 4.50 need too much exp to level up so giving them 1*s at that point feels like a waste of food.

And yeah I did try giving her a fair shot by leveling her costume since I already had my first one leveled a while back, but she’s just still too weak. I can’t see emblems changing that – not to mention even if they did, Tyrum is a way better 3* deserving of paladin emblems than her.

2 Likes

I am leveling Little John costume for the stats bonus to strengthen my green mono team.

That being said, I have seen quite a number of Little John costumes in 4* tournaments, especially rush attack and buffs.

I usually wreck littlejohn in costume.
If he’s going to be any good, then I think the best is to keep the bonus.
Buff tournaments, he’s too slow. In Rush tourney’s he’s just like Margaret, which is… not good.

So many better options out there than LJ Costume, I’d go with 2x Caedmon (1 costume, 1 out of costume) before I’d go with Caed / LJ-C

It’s just flat-out bad when there are other options for s1 that are better.
The Mana-slow is his best attribute, if you can get him to fire.

1 Like

Boldstuk custome is horrible.

1 Like

The Boril costume makes no sense.

1 Like

I am levelling all costumes on my most used heroes esp rangers, clerics and druids as emblems are in short supply for these classes in my roster so the costumes are another way to give them a boost.

Can’t see me ever using Tibertus in costume but it was one of thr first to get maxed.

I use Tiburtus costume for farming. Hits all so saves time.

1 Like

I agree. Boldtusk is a GREAT hero but his costume is very disappointing.

Right statement, wrong examples.
For me turning Quintus in a purple Horghall is not an upgrade at all.

But overall yes, some heroes are better in their original form.

Reds are light on healers, so there are situations where the extra heal is good. I alternate depending on whether I am going support heavy (and need a stronger healer) or attack heavy (benefit from the greater attack boost).
I don’t think the costume is bad apart from the art concept.

I actually use Boldtusk’s costume all the time whenever I fight a highly emblemed Telluria tank. Also during war, if I’m fighting green tanks. In fact, I have 3, and I am leveling another one right now.

The extra heal is worth the increased attack, at least for me.

The extra heal is worth the decreased attack buff possibly?

yup.

20 characters limit.

1 Like