[SOLVED] Continuing Event Battle with Gems (12/July)

Gifting is a exchange from a person to another, right ?

Why should sender have to pay as well, i understand the reciever paying but not sender.

In idea num2 Gifting is some one (Friend/Alliance leader) who can charge buy and gift the packge to other player.
In num1 Idea sorta yes, but its a funds that the game only use of, exchange means the sender gets some thing inreturn.

Please no. The only remote balance we have is people have to graft for their own heroes and ascension mats. This would be too open to abuse. We would likely quickly see an expansion of the sub class of haves ostracizing more of the have nots.

Fortunately it will not happen any time soon as would be a final straw for many and a short honeymoon period for the rest once the instant gratification wears off.

Guess I’m too old fashioned and value the graft and the surprise of getting something desired than simply being handed it for gems. How unsatisfying.

2 Likes

There’s been a lot of discussion about it, but @AMD is right - the Devs ruled it out https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/shortlist-of-frequent-requests-ruled-out-considering-please-read-before-posting/7512

I know this has been said and seems like beating a dead horse, but going to say it anyway.

I believe a trading system that would allow alliance members to trade would be beneficial. The system I would like to propose is similar to some others have stated. This system would be a Dragon Drop.

1. Within the alliance members could make up to two drops per day to fellow alliance members. The “Drops” could contain anything of excess. (e.g. resources, troops, or hero swap)
  2. There would need to be a minimal gem charge for the drop request. (e.g. resources - 5 gems, troops - 10 gems, and 20 gems for a hero swap…with both parties making the swap at the same time)

This would allow for more players to be able to trade, but the gem cost not too expensive for the average player.

If anything, it would boost sales of gem packages. People want to play, but the average player may shy away from an extreme gem cost.

1. The “Drops” will take “travel time” to reach the other player(s). A safe time would be 24 hours. Much like the Titans and the Alliance Wars, at the end of 24 hrs. from the time the trade was made, the item(s) would arrive.

The alliance member would go into the list of members, click on the player to trade with, when it brings up the player’s defense team there would be a “trade” button at the bottom, once selected they can choose one of 3 categories of trade.(e.g. resources, troops, or heroes) Once selected, they would be sent to their selected inventory category to select the item of trade. The player would be prompted as to the “Drop” gem charge for acceptance to initiate the trade. They click “Accept” or back out of the trade at that time.

There will always be the dedicated players that will want that something more and buy gems. I am a player that has been tempted, but I personally vowed to never pay into a free game. I understand as creators of the game you want to profit. I would think you want more players to enjoy your product as well. This type of system would allow for that variety of game player enjoyment without compromising your existing system.

1 Like

@Blackbuderfly, you can upgrade troops once you reach Stronghold level 10 and build your barracks.
Your barracks shares space with another building, that must be at level 5 to convert.
Open your barracks to Train/level your troops.

I am against trading heroes and items. Except if it is lottery based and prices are fixed. If person A wants to sell item X, he/she has to pay listing price (few diamonds). If there is group of players who are interested to buy this item then random decides who is getting it. Seller gets diamonds from buyer, buyer gets item, hero. In case if nobody is interested then seller keeps item, hero but looses listing price.

Listing price - fixed by developers.
Selling price - fixed by developers.
Item, hero in the market - 24 h.
Can not cheat such a system.
Rich person is not able just to buy. He/she has to win the lottery first.

Just example but something like this could fit better in this game (all about random). Only I doubt that developers could make such a system. Actually any trading system at all. Money is the answer.

What is the abused in Idea2
Leaders of Alliance will be rewarding their soldiers by own will !

Also how to feel abused if both sender and receiver both pay in gems for a hero which not Event! ??

The parts relevant to this are:

And

I was primarily responding to idea 1. I couldn’t work out what idea 2 was (what are packs for instance?). Could you share a specific example as would be happy to comment further.

My baseline is unchanged though. Exchanging something easily obtainable (gems) for something less easy to obtain due to randomness, would be bad for balance. But that may not be what idea 2 represents.

I’ve played games that allowed you buy a gem pack or item pack that also included gifts for clan\guild\alliance mates.

So for instance I buy a 1000 gem pack and can gift a bonus 100 gems to another player or perhaps 10 gems to 10 players etc…

Ah, that makes sense. No concerns with that.

Is the proposition to add gifted gems to existing packs for free or to pass on the cost to the purchaser?

On Idea 2
Clan/Alliance leader or his Co, can buy the store packs of gems then gift them to their active players as rewards of being active or even to allow making an alliance’s events.
Packs can be Gems or other Vip or any thing may be available in game store.

Greetings,
Jedon

Well this aint any thing as exchange!
Exchange word, means to give some thing with a hand and get some thing else on the other hand.
My Idea #1 has no thing to do with this,
Its all about a gift from a friend, who will give to other friend and both to use this option will have to pay an amount of gems lets say X by gifting player and the receiving player, The amount will go to the game not to the players, So the game still lose nothing.
The X amount will be managed by the developers for each Heros Stars, HOTM * and not the event heros to keep the advantages to the P2P players.

• HOTM can also be away for the advantages of the P2P s.
    Its just some way to make the gems that the free players gain hardly get some thing useful for sure instead of gampling them in a slot machine that may give him a jackpot of 5* or take his hard saving down with 3* hero that he can train any way in Tc13 !
    So even if he will like to take the gampling spirit and go for epic/event 1 pull, he will have another option to pay a bit more and get a gifted 4*/5* hero from his friends by paying the X amount of gems that the developers will add to the game for this new option.
    Colors of gifted heros can be followed by the weekly color of the elemental hero as well.

Greetings,
Jedon

It would be nice to have something called Exchange tickets, like the loot tickets, that can be bought with gems from the store, and used to exchange a hero with one of your teammates in your own alliance.

Not the first time this has been floated, but a good idea nonetheless. I think these tickets would have to be rare, far rarer than loot tickets. If you could only swap unascended heroes of the same * level, and if there is a “residency requirement “ that both trade partners had been in the alliance for, say, 14 days.

@ Kerridoc…I totally agree with you about the requirement of being in the alliance for certain period, and exchange Unleveled heroes…also, if these tickets can be either bought or earned from challenges, that would be great.

I like this idea, I would also like to be able to exchange troops of the same color, level, and tier. Either with an in game vendor or player.

1 Like

I get what you are saying.
I only showed the quoted parts as they are in a similar line of thought. Different from your proposal yes, but in line with the concept of Devs adding a means of heroes, items, or resources moving between players.

Having played several RPG over the years I would expect that if an exchange/trading/gifting system were to be implemented, it would be done in a way that would appeal to the masses and strive to avoid exploitation. A gifting system alone could be abused as a trading system without safeguards.

Your proposal would work well for benevolent gifters but could become a dangerous trading system if a dedicated trading system is not implemented at the same time. Player A “hey send your extra Gravemaker I’ll send you Athena.” Player B “okay here is Gravemaker” (pays the transaction fee). “Where’s Athena?” Player A “I changed my mind, thanks for the gift.”