[SOLVED] Can no longer scroll on Samsung Note 8 with S-pen / Stylus no longer working on Note 10 (Fixed in v25.1.2)

Just tried my old Note4 stylus and it made no difference, still not working.

But what I did notice is that:
In game play/battles if you tap on two adjacent cells/troops with the S-pen they switch positions. The result is the same as swiping.

This is annoying as hell as it takes a bit of getting use to. However, once mastered you will not notice the difference. This is not a fix but can allow some game play with the S-pen.

All this cause something got messed up. What happened to QA SG?

1 Like

This issue isnā€™t a simple inconvenience to a handful of players. It affects an entire entity, Note/Samsung users. A few were able to work around it, but that didnā€™t work for the many who are still dealing with the fall out.
Iā€™m more concerned with this being resolved than my spelling being correct or capitalization.

2 Likes

This bug is costing me in EVERY combat encounter because I now have to tap at least TWICE to move tiles ā€¦ DO NOT WANT TO CONTINUE with this game if this is not corrected QUICKLYā€¦costing waaaaaay to much in resources used as well as NOT WON !!!

3 Likes

I agree. Am combatting requiring multiple taps to move 1 tile, which is no guarantee it wonā€™t magically move in the opposite direction, completely skewering a strike. Can no longer get thru a class challange without wiping out resources and still losing on a medium level?!

Update is coming , but nothing about our problem

Just a reminder that it is being worked on but is out of their control based on my conversations. Itā€™s the same thing affecting text with iPhone users. Hopefully soon.

4 Likes

Same problem popped up in another game I playā€¦was resolved in a week after reporting. Gram games was way more responsiveā€¦and it didnā€™t require waiting for a major update.

2 Likes

Not sure why SG cannot ROLL-BACK the changes they made on the last update. That is surely the way to go if the problem cannot be fixed. I have tried double tapping and it is frustrating in wars and impossible with titans as any error waste limited time. So not sure what to do. I have complained and waited and complained and waited. Yet nothing. If only I had not invest so much funds, there is a lesson there somewhere. If I get get kicked of my alliance because of inactivity then that may be the tipping point (ā€˜~ā€™).

3 Likes

Even after the most recent update the stylus problem still exists. Why donā€™t you fix the problems you are aware of before doing an update?? Most of the time I use my stylus on my base and itā€™s annoying I canā€™t use it there. I just want to log in collect ham and iron check up on AC but canā€™t use my stylus. Iā€™m currently running version 25.0.0

3 Likes

There is nothing about a bug with s-pen in the description of update 25 .
Most people absolutely not interested in what color has the dragon, but for me is important when will be fixed the bug that does not allow to use s-pen.
The team of E&P earns milions and it seems to me they take care only how to stick us 3* heroes by advertising the new 5 *. That is why they donā€™t have time to fix their main bugs.
Someone wrote in this topic that after the complaint in another game, the same bug was fixed in a week.
By the way, scrolling with a finger also gives an error - sometimes you need to double-swipe and only after that the screen moves.
I saw a lot of minor bugs during the game, but I donā€™t consider it necessary to write about it, because the main bug for me is still not fixed.

5 Likes

Please, write the approximate dates when this bug will be fixed, because if the team is not involved in this problem actively, i wonā€™t spend more time and money in this game - many claims have accumulated during two years. Tired of cries to nowhereā€¦
Thanks in advance for the response.

4 Likes

Just came back to say that Iā€™m disappointed that a new update rolled out without a fix to this issue. Thereā€™s no excuse for it considering the gazillions of dollars this game takes in. An ETA would be great!

3 Likes

It seems to be disrespect to comsumer from Small Giant, at least they can answer about date or time period when it will be fix, month, year?

2 Likes

How long is this going to take to fix? Iā€™m about to give up on this game! Not spending any more $. Customer service here is ridiculous. Takes months to fix an issue that other games fixed in under a week. Pathetic

5 Likes

Another update annnndā€¦
yes, you guessed it, no fix.
But hey, we got snowed.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I guess they have different priorities to us, snow really helps us play better :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I think youā€™ll find that the snow and stuff is just like checking q box cause itā€™s been done beforeā€¦

What you are wanting is more likely a code debugging exerciseā€¦ And if youā€™ve ever done any coding before (especially debugging) youā€™ll know itā€™s not a simple or quick thing to doā€¦

Have patience, itā€™ll happen. Until then youā€™ll just have to use your finger like the rest of us peasents.

1 Like

After the new christmas major update, the problem still exists, Iā€™m not feeling satisfied with the support and the services. This was working before and after an update it happened, so it is a bug in coding and it shouldnā€™t be that hard to fix it.

4 Likes

BaronLoxly wrote in this topic:
ā€œIā€™m a quadriplegic. the best feature of this game is that I could use my s pen to play. I AM DEAD IN THE WATER, WASTING RESOURCE S AND LOSING BATTLESā€

Maybe you will give him advice how to play?
And there are many such people. They just not write here. They just stop playing.

2 Likes

Woah, ease up mateā€¦ Iā€™m not making an attack on anyone and the situation that Loxley has really sucksā€¦

Iā€™m simply saying that itā€™s not as easy to find bugs in codeā€¦ Especially ones which arenā€™t directly related to the created side effectsā€¦

Itā€™s also worth noting that there are a lot more people jumping on this thread than Loxleyā€¦ Others may be in a similar situation where they need the stylus, others most definitely will be complaining out of a QoL perspective.

Iā€™m just saying to be patientā€¦ Having done a considerable amount of coding before, I can attest that Not everything is a quick fix or easily foundā€¦ It can be as simple as a missing semi-colen or two lines of unrelated code having an unknown interactionā€¦

1 Like