[SOLVED] Can no longer scroll on Samsung Note 8 with S-pen / Stylus no longer working on Note 10 (Fixed in v25.1.2)

Can no longer scroll on Samsung Note 8 with S-pen stylus.

I have been playing for the last 9 months on a Samsung Note 8 using the S-pen stylus that comes with the phone to scroll, move board tiles, select heroes, etc. Since the patch 24 downloaded and installed this morning, scrolling and moving (swiping) tiles no longer works with the S-pen but single taps with it do still work. Scrolling and swiping tiles by finger still works fine.

Scrolling and swiping with the S-pen continues to work fine in all other apps such as browsers, Twitter, Kindle, etc., so the problem seems to be related to the patch.

I rely entirely on the S-pen for everything I do on my phone so having to resort to using my finger to scroll and swipe tiles in E&P feels incredibly clumsy and crude, so I would greatly appreciate help with fixing this

18 Likes

We have the same problem. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & Note 8.

4 Likes

Same issue here… at first I thought it was my pen. Then thought that by shutting my phone down and rebooting it might work. This didn’t help either.

5 Likes

Same here with my note 9. :frowning: Hope they can get this bug fixed.

7 Likes

Same with my galaxy tab S4. pen no longer works

5 Likes

Same here with a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 S-pen.

5 Likes

We have passed this along to our QA team for a closer look. Thank you for reporting.

8 Likes

Exact same issue on Samsung Galaxy Note 10

5 Likes

Same problem. Note10

3 Likes

Note 9 the same problem ((((( please fix it

4 Likes

Same issue on note 9. Very frustrating: (. Please fix asap!

3 Likes

I am using a Note 10 on AT&T. Android 9. The stylus has worked perfactly up until today with the new Halloween Event. It won’t scroll and will only highlight objects. It will highlight a tile for example, but won’t move it. I tested other games with no problems. I restarted the phone and it did not help.

5 Likes

Same issue on Note 9. Please fix e&p!

4 Likes

Seems there’s an issue with any stylus one Samsung based on reading another thread. Hope it gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

Literally nothing changed on the phone…just the game update.

5 Likes

Very annoing playing without stylus

5 Likes

This is not a stylus sensitivity issue. This problem arose for many different players after the last update of the game.
There are no problems with other programs. Only with Еmpires & puzzles.

4 Likes

Just an FYI - I do not believe you are allowed to post directly any response received from SG support. You can paraphrase it, but I’m pretty sure that taking a screenshot of the message and posting it here is not permitted.

Edit: yeah, it’s stated here:

Posting any private messages or e-mails (regardless of topic) received from staff, moderators or support is strictly prohibited.

3 Likes

Judging from the replies to this consolidated thread, it’s not every Samsung phone or tablet, it’s specifically the Samsung’s S-pen stylus that is used with Note models. The S-pen has a very small tip similar to a ballpoint pen. I have a fat-tipped aftermarket stylus and it still works in E&P for scrolling and swiping tiles.

My guess is that SG increased the recognizable touch radius in the patch, perhaps to address fat-fingering problems on small phones.

3 Likes

Same situation on Galaxy Tab S4, happened after the most recent update (yesterday)