Small Giant is killing the game

I agree - the right team of maxed 4* is usable in all facets of the game. Is it the best, no, but they are always competitive.

2 Likes

I think the complaints here are valid.

Iā€™m not close to quitting, but Iā€™m not in the same situation as others. I could see my patience and enjoyment of the game dissolve rapidly if I were sitting on a bunch of heroes I couldnā€™t level. Right now, 2 out of 5 of my 4-stars are maxed out. The other 3 just need 1 ascension material each. I have one 5 star, and I can tell she will be a problem to level. So Iā€™m anticipating some frustration in the near future.

Right now, I find the events to be a problem. The rewards need to be better and realistically available to more players.

I do like that SG seems to be responsive to players and considers their feedback. Thatā€™s step 1 to being a decent company. I would likely quit much sooner and have a much lower opinion of the game if SG were a bunch of jerks. Itā€™s certainly happened to me before with other games Iā€™ve really enjoyed.

7 Likes

So much of what i see in this thread is what is slowly happening in my alliance as well. I became the leader of my alliance about 5 months ago, and in the last month i have lost a number of members due to boredom stemming from lack of progress of the heroes in their parties which translates to lack of progress in the game. I just spent nearly two months in Province 22 because it takes so long to develop your party because ascension materials are scarce no matter how many chests you win. SG is a good company but these problems have been going on for at least 6 months, and these problems need to be fixed. Another problem that needs fixing is the Main Base set up. people can only build something, but not demolish something. This makes no sense. If you build too many farms due to ignorance or mistake youā€™re just stuck with them you can never get rid of them. There needs to be a feature added where you can demolish anything you build.

Everyone is limited in what they can build. You cannot make an error as all buildings are predetermined

1 Like

Exactly well said! Or even a feature that allows you to CANCEL na upgrade. After you click OK, if there was a mistake, you have to wait the whole period (sometimes more than 1 day) to make it right.

I needed to upgrade iron storage, but upgraded Barracks instead, 1 day 7 hoursā€¦ almost cried :disappointed_relieved:

Everyone gets the same options at the same time with what they can build. Once you get to TC20 or start trying to level 5* heroes, youā€™ll probably want more farms than the game allows. I got that far with a batch of farms at 12 or less, and now Iā€™ve spent all of January just levelling farms ad nauseum, just to try to keep up with the hams. The only reason Iā€™m keeping ahead at the moment is lack of ascension materials for the few 5* I have that I really want to improve more than my useful 4*s, meaning I canā€™t level them any more.

1 Like

Iā€™m still one forge away from having built all possible buildings. Luckily I donā€™t need another forge, since if I did build, would no longer have an open location useful to rearrange my base.

1 Like

You can swap buildings at will even without an open space.

5 Likes

@Shatterhand, believe me, you can not have too many farms. If you level nothing else level your farms, you can only have eight.

2 Likes

@Kbear, I am sad that you feel this way. But I can understand. When life is tough we all need a place to relax. When that place stops being fun its time to take a break. Your alliance loves you. I have not come across another leader who is as respected as you are, so you must be doing something very right. There is more to this game and community than heroes and trophies.

1 Like

I wonder if SG will eventually react to some of the issues stated in this topic. As long as they donā€™t do so, I am quite sure, that everything works fine for them. We donā€™t know about the development of the numbers of players or money spent by the players. Maybe both is increasing, then there is no need to change anything, even though some players have the feeling, that SG is killing the game. (Just to make it clear: I am also frustrated by some issues, e.g. the change of the content of the elemental chests; I just try to emphatize with SG, to understand their (non-)reactions.)

I totally agree with the OP.

I would like to add to this that I am about to quit this game over craft materials. It should not take hours and hours and 100s of gems to farm 2 midnight roots and 3 ore I canā€™t increase my titan hits I already beat the game whatā€™s the point? Either let me buy the materials I actually need or make them available to find while farming. I giving it one more month and Iā€™m done. FYI I am a big spender I have spent probably 1000 in the 3 months Iā€™ve played because it was exciting to see what I can do. Without items I canā€™t get 10000 hit points against an 8* and I have a 3500 + team.

Press and hold any of your buildings that are already built! You can now swap the building positions. I found that out on accident.

1 Like

Yes thanks! I tested it out earlier todayā€¦had no idea, lol

It even works if one of the buildings is under construction.

1 Like

When you get to a certain stage, ascension items are so annoying to get to. I moan constantly about them to my alliance etc. At the same timeā€¦im happy theyā€™re a b***h to get to! If ascension items start getting easier then everyone would get to the same level in a matter of a few months. It would then turn into a game of ā€œwho can match the gems the bestā€

Ppl who are at the top here get there by grinding the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of it. Tbh, the only thing splitting the top 100 is troop level and they take months to level. Once ppl reach tc20 (which you absolutely cant get without playing loads) you stop spending gems (for the most part).

Iā€™m pretty drunk writing this lol but the point Iā€™m trying to make is that if the devs made it easy to get to a certain levelā€¦nobody would play. The grind is what makes it goodā€¦and more importantlyā€¦the people who bother to set up accounts to comment on this are people who genuinely enjoy the game and play constantly!

I say keep grinding :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The drop rate of ascension items is ridiculous. I have a 5* that I have been waiting 4 months now for the final ascension and still waiting on items to do so. I have several other heroā€™s that are waiting on items but good effin luck getting what I need. At this rate nothing will ever get fully ascended and leveled.

2 Likes

Those that have a lot of 4* ascension material (tonics, Damascus blades, poison darts, etc), also seem to be regularly farming 10* Titans, as well as being lucky on mystic vision and making purchases here and there.

Do what works for you, but donā€™t expect a 6* Titan to go to the Tier you need for high level stuff (unless youā€™re exceedingly lucky, a rare rare bird!). You want 10* Titans. :slight_smile:

I can report the same from my alliance. Most of the players are frustrated on 2 things. Getting ascencion items and loot out of titan balltes. Yestersay I made 350k damage on a 10* titan and the best item I received was a 2* ingredient. That was ridicious. And that is a general pattern as we exchange every day on our loot. Some players started to drop in their titan damage just to have a better chance on the loot.
And about ascencion items. It took me 9 months to ascend a green hero and the only reliable source of 4* items are the rare questsā€¦

1 Like