🏅 [Sixth Raid Tournament] Discussion and Feedback on Raid Tournament Matchmaking

1 Like

This is my final defense record for the tournament. Did not get a single match after the first day and the E grade carried through all days. This is worse match making than all my previous tournaments. There’s no excuse for this when you’re throttling the defense scores of other players.

7 Likes

@Petri
While the system might not be perfect, I’d like to say thank you for the tournament.

4 Likes

I had only 3 defences for B D D D grades. There was no need to apply any filter on me if I excedeed 5 defenses per day xD

Add a counter for defences!

Imagine a tournament with only 10 teams (Teams A to K)

Team A finds Team B and attacks. Team B gets +1 to his counter

Team A attacks again (can’t find B because he has already +1), attacks team C. Team C gets +1 to his counter.

Then Team A attacks D, E and F. D, E and F get +1 to their counters. Team A is out of flags for this day.

Team B decides to attack. Team B finds A, then G, H, I, J. Everyone get +1

Then Team C attacks. The only team left with 0 attacks is K, so C attacks K. At this point K gets +1 and everyone has already 1 defence, so everyone can be found again.

C keeps attacking, and finds A, B, D, E. So A, B, D, E now have +2

And so on.

Simple and everyone get attacked the same amount of times (with 1 attack difference max)

While the tournament is nice to fill to chest. I’ve gotten better loot from mystic vision. I’ve been in top 10 & 25 still nothing to write home about. Matching seems fine. I’ll continue to use it to fill chests but that’s about it. Still a nice edition.

I got attacked 10 times, my defense won 3 / 7. Ended with an overall D grade

I’ll take it, at least I got attacked a few times.

But it seems like matchmaking is still odd though for some players. I dunno, this worked for me though.

One thing that I have to say, it’d be better to grey out heroes and troops in tournament team. They shouldn’t be allowed to be fed while your tournament team imo.

Did you update before or after the tourney started. If you updated after the tourney actually started it allowed these types of teams.

matchmatking is still messed up (or point calculation).
I was doing OK on the first day - each next opponent brought me 7 more points then the previous one. Then on the second day opponent gave me same of fewer points. why? I keep winning, but get fewer points?

The update have been implemented more than a week before and it have became forced update before tournament, can’t enter the tournament/game without it.

Yes, but if you didn’t update until it was forced, and set the unallowed defense team before the update implemented itself, it ALLOWED that defense team to stay put. I am certain this is what happened because someone posted they were going to try this out and see if forced them to update the team or not.

1 Like

Someone using the last version try to put zero hero on defense and the warning say you must have at least a hero.

Sorry - I was referring to the requirement to field a FULL 5 heroes in the team, not a single hero.

It seems they change the requirement back to 1 hero (no longer 5) again when they switch the defense matching back to 5 strongest heroes (no longer the defense that is used).