šŸ“Æ Sif ā€“ Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

FYI maybe many of you are aware of this regarding counter attacks update from v27, I wasnā€™t as I donā€™t use riposte heroes much but the amount of counter damage cannot be more than your heroesā€™ current health (which makes sense.) shout out to @PooFlingerJr for informing me. I hope I tagged the right pooflinger, how many pooflingers are there in this game??

Anyways failed miserably using BK Sif for this war hit. Itā€™s a good learning experience for me and I had easy clean up so not a deal breaker.

Glad that I could get you the answer. FWIW, Iā€™m looking forward to leveling mine. Iā€™ve seen riposte just destroy my war defenses in the past.

SIF was my FIRST Valhalla summonā€¦ but now in third ascension, Iā€™m quite happy to have her! I also have Elena and position them in spots 2 & 4 so as to have the counterattacks spread across the entire teamā€¦ if at all possible, set off Sifā€™s special FIRST! ā€¦so your tank gets the 125% vs 100%ā€¦ I prefer Elenaā€™s spec attack better simply because it does immediate damage where Sifā€™s is purely defensiveā€¦ SIF solved a dilemma for me in that I really didnā€™t have a solid Holy/Yellow hero for my rainbow teamā€¦ Rounding out my rainbow are Lianna, Miki and Domitiaā€¦

Gotcha!

I have darts and since my only ascended Rogue are Bryn and Jackal, I have some emblems to spare as well. Now the dilemma is: her or Costume Vivica as tank?

C.Vivica, I think, if you have troops)

Maybe this will help someone who has to choose between Sif and another Holy.
I regret maxing Sif. The AI knows not to target them. Iā€™ve seen this change on my alts too but took the plunge anyway because I had 18 darts.
Sif is the 1st 5* riposte hero maxed on my main and albeit that she is great on defence she doesnā€™t wow me on offence, a 2nd Joon wouldā€™ve been the better choice imho.

Funny, I use Elena all the time in raids and titans to great effectā€¦ :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

On my alts I have no choice but to use the riposte heroes since they are F2P. I noticed this for a while now, more so in Tourniā€™s than Raids. Iā€™m not saying they have two sets of codes for raids & RT but do believe the AI is smarter these days. I love my Elena costume (alt) but would never max her on my main because of this.

I use my Elena Costume in the following places:
Raids
Titans
War attacks
Tournaments

In all those locations Iā€™ve watched the AI kill itself using specials and slash attacksā€¦

Must just be my lucky Moderator account or somethingā€¦ :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I do hope to get her, but Malosi is probably getting my darts next week. Here is a very comprehensive breakdown of her, for those that havenā€™t seen it yet. @Wormwood answers a lot of the questions brought up here.

2 Likes

Haha, yeah sure. I do believe that some accounts have more luck than others though. My baby alt is incredibly lucky and pull HoTMā€™s regularly while my main empty my wallet when I try for one I really want.

Iā€™m not saying they avoid them completely just to be clear, but there was definitely a shift in how the enemy target heroes a while ago. Read here on the forum about an update to the AI, so itā€™s real.

All Iā€™ve ever seen are unsubstantiated claims without any evidence regarding the AI allegedly become smarterā€¦

Common claims include:

1. Targets healers first
  2. Targets weakest heroes first
  3. Targets the critical damage heroes (Miki, wu Kong etā€¦)
  4. Avoids counter attack heroes
  5. Targets full mana heroes first
    Etcā€¦

If youā€™d like to take up that candle feel free to do so, but on a relevant thread like this one

2 Likes

Agree, not a must have hero, but not a bad hero by any stretch of the imagination. For growing accounts she is fantastic but for those with deep rosters not so much. There are so many support heroes these days that is a real pain on offence but when on attack relying on counter to save the day for you vs a 2600+ team in RT is just too risky.

2 Likes

Thx, but nah, I trust my gut and Iā€™m not trying to convince anyone. Just figured Iā€™ll share my experience with her to assist someone that is also in two minds about her on attack.

yeah, for my own personal situation, since I run Boss Wolf at Tank, I really need him surrounded with speed, and her average speed just doesnā€™t cut it.

3 Likes

The great @Garanwyn

Man i wish heā€™d come backā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the same camp. My first riposte hero, I tried vs titans but it was odd titans kept hitting my heroes on the wing.

Add to this that the counter damage is now up to the current health of your heroes and sadly, that damage can be weaker tf!!

You almost have to bring one or more healers to heal Sif so that if the AI does target her and adjacent, then the counter damage will be relevant. So that leaves room for 2 snipers.

Another restriction, best to have Sif part of the main stack of 3-2 holy or 4-1 holy because when I brought her as off color, I didnā€™t charge her earlier because I was working on making tiles in my red stack color. So when I did get Sif charged and fired, her health was around 200 so that was the counter damage, meh.

1 Like

For the record, this was always the way it was supposed to be.

In V26 there was a BUG which changed the way riposte workedā€¦ BEFORE V26 and from V27 onwards it worked the sameā€¦ Same as what it currently works now.

1 Like

@Guvnor completely agree with how the riposte works and the logic of it.

My first riposte hero so wasnā€™t familiar with them much, found out the ā€œbugā€ was fixed in v27 the other day. No excuse but I probably would have saved mats for Malosi. Itā€™s over and done but just wanted to mention for others to avoid same potential regret.

1 Like

Love Sif, got her to ^17, love her next to QoH, no BK. I got Lepus with lvl 23 mana troop +13%, with Sif ifs now +37%, how many tiles and Lepus shoots?