šŸ… [Sep 8, 2019] 21st Raid Tournament! ā€” 2* Rush Attack, All Elements

While the new challenge events are on, nothing compares to Rare levels 1-3 at only 1 WE each. Amazing stuff

Iā€™ve been spamming Rare level 3, so many 1* and 2* heroes and 900+ exp per pop. And backpacks aplenty

3 Likes

Fourth day of my experiment.

My defense team has all 1* unleveled (762TP). Grades E E E E (of course), and those were my best 5 heroes at the kick off of the tournament (no 2* heroes on my roster when the tournament began).

The purpouse of that was to start from the weakest opponent available, claim 2* heroes and level them as the opponents grow stronger.

1st opponent - 308pts WIN 756TP
2nd opponent - 315pts (+7) WIN 823TP
3rd opponent - 322pts (+7) WIN 934TP
4th opponent - 329pts (+7) WIN 974TP
5th opponent - 336pts (+7) WIN 1068TP
6th opponent - 343pts (+7) WIN 1302TP
7th opponent - 349pts (+6) WIN 984TP
8th opponent - 354pts (+5) WIN 1217TP
9th opponent - 359pts (+5) WIN 1410TP
10th opponent - 365pts (+6) WIN 1373TP
11th opponent - 370pts (+5) WIN 1380TP
12th opponent - 374pts (+4) WIN 1717TP
13th opponent - 0pts LOSS 1768TP
14th opponent - 224pts LOSS 1390TP
15th opponent - 364pts WIN 1319TP
16th opponent - 368pts WIN (+4) 1359TP
17th opponent - 371pts WIN (+3) 1437TP
18th opponent - 170pts LOSS 1711TP
19th opponent - 369pts WIN 1365TP
20th opponent - 112pts LOSS 1321TP

My test came to an end after a defeat on my 18th battle and the last blow on the 20th battle. It was still pretty fun to participate.

Iā€™m on Top 25% and I expect to finish there even with no attacks on the last day and one more E grade.

I couldnā€™t verify how much can you scale starting from the weakest possible opponent and with a constant E grade. But at least this experiment enlighted me about a few things of these tournaments.

The best 5 heroes you have on your roster that match the tournament rules at the kick off of the tournament define your starting opponent score and the rest of the opponents are decided from that starting point. And it doesnā€™t matter at all what heroes do you choose for defense. And it also doesnā€™t matter what do you do with your roster after the tournament started (I tested this by intentionally feeding all my 2* into my 4* after winning my 5th battle and then checking out my 6th opponent which happened to be stronger than my 5th one, even when I had just a bunch of 1* heroes on my roster)

The golden rule is: The more powerful team you can have at the beggining of the tournament, the more points you can get.

So a player who had all maxed and emblemed heroes at the kick off of the tournament and managed to win all 25 attacks will earn more points in offense than another user with all 25 wins but weaker heroes.

On the defensive aspect of tournaments, I still have no clue why attacks are so unbalanced among all players. You just need luck to get A grades.

1 Like

I think the tourney locks in your TP at the beginning of the tournament and bases matches off of that. I started the tourney off with probably 1st tier 2* heroes, but constantly fed my 2* throughout the tournament. My defense had an A rating every day except the first one. By the final 2 days, my defense was far stronger than a vast majority of folks that attacked it; resulting in a lop-sided 70%+ overall win rate. My defense is still not fully leveled at this point, but is close.

This is only a guess, but I felt this tourney had much easier matches than I have been accustomed to; and the only difference is that I started with close to nothing and ended the tourney with a close to maxed rainbow team.

5 Likes

Day 5

25-0 on offense
3-6 on defense

No attacks last 3 days. E-E-E-D-D grade on defense. Apparently having your team already leveled costs you in the initial matchmaking for defense?

lol with only a Layla maxed, all others nothing levelled at all:

3 Reds: Level 2 Trainer, Farid, Sharkot
Purple: Layla
Green: Needler

I did 11-4 for attacks
1-4 for defense

Top 50% though haha

So really surprised with how I ended up given where I started this tournament. Started out not having any 1* or 2* heroes when I tried to join the tournament so I had to get them from my training camp. Not sure who I pulled from there to get my 5 heroes to qualify for the tournament but they were all 1/1 so started at or near the bottom of the ladder.

This was the team I decided to level as they were my 5 2* I pulled. For placement I didnā€™t give much thought except I happened to be leveling Hou first so I put him in middle and since I was leveling Sha Ji last I put him at wing. This turned out to be very good as the tank added defense to everyone and my healer was hard to get to.

As I expected I started 0-4 on defense (won 1 later in the day) first day but managed to win 5-0 on offense as the teams I was facing were lower leveled than what I had managed to level up my team.

The trend continued where as I leveled up my team I was facing comparable to slightly lower powered teams all the way to the last day where my team was fully leveled and I was fighting some with emblems.

For those that are curious on points gained on ladder:

Battle 1: Win -322
Battle 2: Win -329 (+7)
Battle 3: Win -336 (+7)
Battle 4: Win -343 (+7)
Battle 5: Win -350 (+7)
Battle 6: Win -358 (+8)
Battle 7: Win -363 (+5)
Battle 8: Win -368 (+5)
Battle 9: Win -374 (+6)
Battle 10: Win -379 (+5)
Battle 11: Win -384 (+5)
Battle 12: Win -388 (+4)
Battle 13: Win -392 (+4)
Battle 14: Win -396 (+4)
Battle 15: Loss -0 :scream_cat:
Battle 16: Win -393 (-3)
Battle 17: Win -396 (+3)
Battle 18: Win -399 (+3)
Battle 19: Win -402 (+3)
Battle 20: Win -405 (+3)
Battle 21: Win -408 (+3)
Battle 22: Win -410 (+2)
Battle 23: Win -412 (+2)
Battle 24: Win -414 (+2)
Battle 25: Win -417 (+3)

Similarly as my defense got stronger I got more wins and less losses.

Day 1: 1-4, (1-4) =20% =E =200
Day 2: 3-2, (4-6) =40% =C =500
Day 3: 4-1, (8-7). =53% =B =650
Day 4: 4-1, (12-8) =60% =A =900
Day 5: 1-0 (so far so still A rank)

So if my defense holds, it may still be possible for you to start at the bottom of the ladder and end up in top 1%.

Randy

3 Likes

Defense matching remains garbageā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

[quote=ā€œKikyo, post:711, topic:129349, full:trueā€]
I think the tourney locks in your TP at the beginning of the tournament and bases matches off of that. I started the tourney off with probably 1st tier 2* heroes, but constantly fed my 2* throughout the tournament. My defense had an A rating every day except the first one. By the final 2 days, my defense was far stronger than a vast majority of folks that attacked it; resulting in a lop-sided 70%+ overall win rate. My defense is still not fully leveled at this point, but is close.[/quote]
Thatā€™s also my guess.

If at the kick off your team is something like five 2* heroes all of them 1/1, you will be placed at that tier and you will be fighting people near that level. Also people that attacks you will be near that level. If you win, opponents will be a bit stronger.

So it doesnā€™t matter if you start the tournament with five 2* heroes all of them 1/1 and, after that, you level so hard those heroes that you end up with a maxed and emblemed 2* heroes in an hour. Your placement was already established

Not sure if you were replying to me, but if so:

My complaint is not about how strong the teams attacking me have been; My defense team was fully leveled by the time the tournament started, so I would expect to have been attacked by players that also have fully leveled heroes. My complaint is that thereā€™s only been one attack against my defense the whole time.

If I got attacked 10 times, and ended up with an E grade on defense, Iā€™d be disappointed in myself for picking a crummy defense team. But I didnā€™t ā€œearnā€ this E grade! One attack in four days? THAT is whatā€™s garbage.

1 Like

Does that mean, the matches are determined before? That would explain the different attacks on defense: not the pool of available players is taken, but also people in, who are out of the tournament - and so no attacks happen?

I loved the 2* tournament! Even the newest players can compete.
I happen to have a full set of 2*, l call them my memorial team since they represent teammates who are no longer with us. Yes, l am sentimental. This Tournament was like playing with old friends.
Well done SG!

2 Likes

I am still at 0-0 with my defense - and I am not the only one in my alliance. I thought there was a minimum of one attack per day. So how can it be, that my team faced no attack at all?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Gives me hope that if I manage to go 25/25 on attack I may eek out top 1%.

1 Like

As the day has progressed I have moved down to Top 5%. I have gained another win on defense so my only hope is my A defense and the 900 points from it pushes me back into top 1%.

1 Like

If I win every attack Iā€™ll beat you by about 100 pointsā€¦ Stinks that they lock you in on opponent difficulty when you hit join. Would seem way more reasonable if they waited for you to go to battle.
On the bright side 5% loot is almost identical to 1% loot just with lower chances of good drops.

1 Like

Itā€™s easy to forget, but newer-ish players who live with 1*, 2*, and 3* heroes just donā€™t have the access to resources more veteran players do.

This tourney in particular should cater to the lower levels, and while it may help them place a little better, itā€™s very difficult for those players to just whip up a team in a day or have the resources to dump emblems into squads. They simply donā€™t have the access to the resources; I would guess many of them even lack the ability to beat all tier levels of emblem trials or challenge events, which is a huge source of resources. I highly doubt that any of the players in the 20ā€™s have 4 developed training camps, a sh 20, and are running TC11, 2, 19, or 20 with regularity to just level up what they need when they need it as well.

Yet that isnā€™t their fault as the game is designed for slow growth, so I canā€™t just say ā€œwork harder, pay your duesā€ when none of that helps speed up a 7 day build.

The other thing, and Iā€™m willing to die on this hill: why should anyone in these things have a built in advantage in terms of scoring, let alone those most likely to win it to begin with anyway?

Imagine Alliance Wars where SG suddenly changes it so that if a team has a higher war score than another team, the team with the higher war score gets a 100 point bonus. This place would completely meltdown more than it does on a normal day. Could you overcome it? Sure. But no one could say thatā€™s fair.

Yet here, obvious advantage out of the gate to the upper teams is obvious, but crickets.

I dunno. I just think that if you want to do a tourney, fine, but make it as even for everyone as possible. Make it so that the 1% isnā€™t a total given to make these more interesting than raids (there are a number of ways to do it). Because my gut tells me a lot of people are just showing up for the goodie bag at the end of the week and donā€™t really have to work for it, and even if they bail, then it doesnā€™t help either as the amount of placement in the tiers shrink (100,000 people dropping out is about 1,000 spots in the 1% gone).

Not that it isnā€™t fun at times, but it could be done better imo.

2 Likes

25-0 offense, 5-2 defense.

Should be top 1% tier.

I put up a full unleveled Aife defense team. Got attacked tons of times and lost most of them (but actually won a few? :laughing:)

Used the 5 level 1 Aifes for a few attacks just for the heck of it and actually won enough to fill a hero chest (opponents were mostly also unleveled feeders).

It was silly fun and I wasnā€™t really trying to accomplish anything from it. Congrats to those who scored easy points from me and condolences to those who gave me easy points. I am eagerly awaiting my well-deserved piece of string and common herb!

While I agree more variables to score would be nice, it makes sense that stronger teams award more points. I believe this current format was made because people were complaining about fighting strong opponents on the first day, and getting knocked out quickly. Thatā€™s when they made the progressive enemies format if I recall correctly.

3 Likes

Some seem to like statsā€¦ entered with mix of unleveled 1 and 2* 25 winsā€¦ hereā€™s the scores from attacks.

316 - 838 tp
420 - 1925 tp
422 -1923 tp

I definitely would have trained before joining if I knew Iā€™d lock in when joining. Somehow Iā€™m currently top 1%, but I think just barely rank 8832. Defense went E - D - B - B - expecting A today. It wouldnā€™t surprise me if everyone higher rank has an A defense.