šŸŽ… Santa's Challenge 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links ā€“ Christmas Event

Thanks a lot for the tips ! Thatā€™s what I tried, but it seems like even when I hit MN with red tiles, it doesnā€™t do much damage, then she heals and the other bosses have the time to fire their special and kill my heroesā€¦

Iā€™ll try again soon, but first I was thinking of speed leveling Boldtusk that I drew a few days ago to replace Kiril.

Donā€™t you have some time stop to avoid MN charging?

1 Like

Youā€™re right I have a few time stops, Iā€™ll try with them and Iā€™ll let you know the result. Thanks again, really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m at the last stage of advanced, struggled with the bosses in the last few rounds.

Would a mono red + Wu Kong strategy work?

Red is my strongest colour. Colen, Wilbur, BT, Grazul, Gormek, Falconā€¦

The only mana control heroes I have are Gretel, Chao & Little John

I cleared Advanced Level 24 with Rigard (+9), Wilbur, Anzogh (+1), Hansel and Colen (+7). Took minor health, minor mana, dragon attacks, bombs. Unloaded the specials, made some tile matches on MN, reloaded Hansel with mana and hit all 3, more tile matches until the special ran out, dropped the bombs and dragons, and then finished Santa (last one standing) with tiles. Phew!

1 Like

No Wu! With that mono you clear the bosses in 5 seconds (first fire Wilbur, than Falcon). And have the red tiles ready, like I explained above. I, @ThePirateKing, @Olmor and many others cleared the bosses in few seconds, in this way. You donā€™t need Wu. Could miss a lot and your tile damage is lower with only 4 reds.

3 Likes

Thanks!

So who would you use out of who I have?

BT, Grazul, Elena, Wilbur, Falcon, Gormek, Colen?

I was thinking

BT, Wilbur, Falcon, Elena, Grazul?

No Grazul, Colen instead. The bosses wonā€™t get to fire if you do like it was explained and BT is enough to get you through the stages. Just have the heroes charged at the end of stage 3, red tiles ready and kill the remaining monster in the right side with items. Good luck!

1 Like

Just tried with Grazul as I had WE to give it a go.

Couldnā€™t even take one down. Mother North was quater health and the Elf wasnā€™t far off the same.

Had really rubbish luck with red tiles in the end after the first ones I used upā€¦

Will try with Colen

Just do not rush with the tiles in stage 3. Gather some red tiles on board, before killing the last monster. You did something wrong I guess. Did you see the posts of @Olmor and @ThePirateKing?

1 Like

Just watched the one guys video and he had way better luck with tiles than me haha. Plus Tarlak who has a ridiculously handy special to max out the damage.

Iā€™ll give it another go now

I did itā€¦ and Colen died in the first round haha.

Had to use time stops for the first time in two years of playing and only had Boldtusk left with 100 odd hp

Thanks for the tips

3 Likes

most likely it will work

6th attempt with carpet bombing, my patience was gone :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve all but given up. My only reds are Colen and Kelile, no 5 stars. I can barely put a scratch on any of them.

Make sure all heroes go to Boss stage fully charged and with full or almost full health (use healer to do it not items to save space for item you will really need)

Try carpet bombing for Boss stage:
5 Dragon Fires 5 x 400 = 2000
5 Fire Bombs 5 x 300 = 1500
5 Axes 5 x 200 = 1000
Total Damage 4500 for all Bosses

I would say this is a big dent.

Then use Colen and Kelile to take down Mother North first, do not let her use her special.

Your 4th item slot should ideally be 5 timestops to drain bosses mana regurarly and prevent Mother North from firing special.

Another option is to use Tornadoes to charge all your heroes again and shuffle the board.

After Mother North is killed, focus on Buddy. He is easier to kill than Santa.

The trick now is to use the best the empty spot left by Mother North to ghost tiles and charge your heroes again but not letting the Bosses gain too much mana too fast.

Then use empty spots for ghosting to kill off Santa.

1 Like

Killed them off with only 2 dragon fires and 2 timestops and the following team:

Kiril + 20
Gretel + 20
Rigard + 20
Gormek (4/70)
Lianna (costumed +4)

Defence down + Attack up does miracles when upgraded Lianna is used.

1 Like

If only I had her to test that theory! But I certainly believe you.

Actually, Lianna is not the best sniper hero for this event. She is neutral to Mother North and Buddy and weak vs Santa.

Probably Mariana would be the best sniper since Mother North is first priority target followed by Buddy and then Santa.

Problems usually start when Mother North is let to use her special, bosses heal, then follow minions, then Buddy or Santa fire and things go out of control.

Proteus or Hell are probably the best heroes for this event because as long as you can charge them is almost like never ending timestop. Close after follow Hansel and Gretel their mana control (50% down + damage every time mana is full) is great but the risk is higher to make a mistake because in order to utilize them fully you alway have to fire when bosses have almost full mana and one mistake with Mother North can cost a lot.

all levels done with:
Kiril +20 / Gretel +20 / Rigard +20 / Scarlett +20 / Caedmon +20

sometimes used Liana (costumed +4) instead of Caedmon

only Level 24 advanced is left