(Rush) War defense help: Nyx vs. Toon Richard (solved and sold! Richard it is!)

hi all, my alliance has a "use your best tank color"policy, but most have Purple tanks, with Blue the next most common. 60% use Purple tanks, only 17% use Blue.

We’re not a very high level alliance, with a wide range of member levels and roster strengths.

I just maxed Toon Richard, and the high stats and toon passive are really tempting. There are enough others using Blue that I’m considering switching to him over Nyx.

soliciting ideas here: which one would you use specifically for Rush? (and of course, open to other options!)

Rush is coming up, and I think Heimdall works for Rush, though I would drop him for other War modes.

also sharing my Heroplan roster link.

HeroPlan.io

mainly interested in Rush suggestions now, as that is coming up. still brainstorming over my non-Rush defenses, but if toon Richard works well, will consider using him there too

I would’ve thought Richard is the way to go. As you’ve pointed out the passive is huge, makes him very hard to stop. I’m planning to run Toon Sartana as my rush war tank this week for the same reason.

As a charge hero Nyx would be (slightly) slower than normal as well.

3 Likes

thanks! the main reason this is still a question is because half the ally still use Purple tanks :slight_smile:

Toon Richard is very good tank. Big hit with attack down is good combo.

His paladin healing is very annoying too.

1 Like

Sorry, probably should have addressed that in my answer too!

I suspect for rush co-ordinated tank colours are less important, as you don’t have time to recover from a bad board if you’re going mono and if you’re doing anything less than that Toon Richard should be strong enough (particularly if flanked with health boosters like Heimdall).

My attack teams in rush are built around buying time through mana control…but the toon passive combined with the sheer stats makes them hard to stop. I haven’t worked out a good alternate approach against them yet.

1 Like

thanks! looks like the benefits outweigh the "going against the grain"re tank color, indeed :slight_smile:

oh no apologies needed at all, and thank you for your very thoughtful answers - appreciate you considering all the variables!

1 Like

I would go toon Richard. Better stats. Not charge. Resist so harder to control.

I see the slight downside that he’s not purple but I’d love to face a nyx tank in rush.

1 Like

thanks, appreciate your advice too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just thought I’d cycle back to this to see how Toon Richard went if you ended up using him!

1 Like

Thank you for asking! :slight_smile: I appreciate your circling back :slight_smile:

My defense got one-shot 4 times :stuck_out_tongue: that said, as my ally mate wisely told me - we don’t know what attack teams they used, maybe I drew fire from some of their best. Each one shot was by a different player :slight_smile:

Will try him out for a few more wars before making a judgment.

Hope your war went well!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it! Your alliance mate is probably right, it’s hard to gauge from a small sample size especially if you’re hit by different players. Hopefully you were able to help by drawing fire!

Mine went okay - 2, 6 and 3 hits respectively but we lost it on the last flag :frowning:

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the rest of your defense?

Wow nice defense there, what do you have? It held up pretty well!

I used this:

1 Like

I used Mother North - cHathor - Toon Sartana - Smarttongue - Alfrike. Got a couple of zeroes from 6000+ teams which was nice.

Looking at your roster, I’m wondering if you may have more luck with hit all / mana control heroes, possibly something like:
LW: Santa (for attack and def down) or Bubbles (shifting mindless attack)
LF: Heimdall (flank position to increase instances of boosting health + attack boost)
Tank: Toon Richard
RF: CB-Khagan (hit-3 + mana gen + def up)
RW: Eset (hit-5)

2 Likes

Excellent defense you have, indeed!

And thanks for your suggestions! I’ll try them out next war :slight_smile: definitely an intriguing set!

1 Like

@Nyup wanted to say thanks again for all your defense team help

I’m back to tanking with Nyx and flanking with Toon Richard (after rush; for minion and arrow, I went back to Purple tanking). Toon Richard is already making an impact. Haven’t been one shot at all this war.

Thanks again!

1 Like