🏯 Ruby - 5* Fire / Red from Ninja Tower

Yep. Poseidon is still my main got to yellow anyway. Already in my yellow stack to deal with Freya, Bera and Alfrike. If Ruby goes into teams with those ill be a bit more comfortable as can continue with same set up I already have.

Baldur will be a good counter when facing ruby? Edit:nvm scrolled up abit :slight_smile:

At least it’s a ninja. She won’t 100% mana cut everyone for Very Fast speed in tournaments and wars.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if they release a slow hero like her somewhere because they noticed already slow heroes can be profitable already. Slayers for example.

1 Like

I dont advocate, Jade is comparable to Ruby… Jade actually needs a buff and Ruby could eat a nerf though not necesarilly big in my opinion.

Jade does cut mana to all at very fast speed while Jade only at 3x charge… AGAIN READ and acknowledge upper sentence before comenting this one, otherwise its pointless (anyone who will comment, not tidyup directly whose comment I stolen for writting this :slight_smile:

Ruby 3x Charge is basically very slow speed (if we look just at the dmg, it is comparable to cobalt and onyx 3x charge.

If we take into consideration secondary skills, ruby is a tad better than those two but not by much / my opinion). Why? Well, when she goes 3x charge off on defense, 80% of time you already have lanes where you can ghost tiles and fill mana anyway, without much worry. So you are still charging mana quitte fast.

I would propose a nerf to cut mana 25 on 1X, 35 % on 2nd charge and 50% on third. Nothing else :slight_smile:

it’s op but you only need garnet, sheshat, you can stop with miki, hel …

So at 2x charge (avg speed) she basically Leonidases three targets?

No joke, considering the stat discrepancy, she’s literally three Leos in one hero. How is that ok?

11 Likes

If we compare Ruby with Cobalt, you think 100% mana cut and -34% mana generation is only a “tad better” than bypassing defensive buffs?

I don’t see the logic there at all.

Again, you have 34% mana generation reduction and no possibility of a cleanser ready to fire. Even if all your heroes survive Ruby firing, you’ll need a couple turns to ghost tiles with the mana generation ailment where the rest of the defense team will pick you apart

6 Likes

I’m also curious, how long have you been playing EP? Because from my experience of playing back in the day when Guin was at the height of her powers and they hadn’t released many counters yet, just trying to recover from her 20% mana cut could be devastating. Now, we have Ruby with a 100% mana cut on top of substantial damage.

My experience fighting Guin from all those years ago is why I consider Ruby’s “secondary skills” so far ahead of Cobalt and Onyx. I know I have at least a chance to recover and win the match after they fire. I don’t see how that will be possible if Ruby fires on third charge (unless the other team was already mostly dead and you just needed a few tiles to finish them off anyway)

6 Likes

If Lord Loki copies Ruby’s special and then targets Ruby would that prevent Ruby from firing?

If so, that seems like a good counter.

2 Likes

34% mana generation reduction means, everyone can fire with two ghosted matches.

With my 50% mana cut proposal, everyone with 50% mana can still fill special with one ghosted match…

So yeah, I dont see any other change needed in my opinion.

On other hand, Cobalt can do alot more dmg with wizard talent than Ruby barbarian, and bypassing means, no mitsuko or other counter attack effects or heavy defense buff which you can prepare till 3x charge can stop him, only make it extra worst beacuse of wizard talent class extra dmg :slight_smile:

nerf to 50% mana cut from that point of view only needed nerf in my opinion. Ruby will still be a big beast

Please elaborate on this. Using what I believe is the standard assumption of double mana for ghosted tiles, 2 matches would provide the equivalent of 12 tiles of mana.

With a 34% mana reduction, this goes down to 7.92 tiles, which isn’t even enough to charge a fast hero, let alone any slower heroes.

Using a max level mana troop, one could get 115%-34%=81% mana gen. With 6 ghosted tiles, this provides only 9.72 tiles. So enough to charge a fast hero. However, it means average or slower heroes need additional tiles beyond 6 ghosted tiles.

And this assumes you can ghost all 6 tiles. Horizontal matches may make this impossible.

7 Likes

Everyone knows how the Ninjas work at this point. If you target them and get them down in health, they get scared and fire their special. After that, even when they get healed back up they fire their special as soon as it’s available. The only time you have to deal with ninjas is on defense, sure she’s going to be great on offense but honestly, don’t think she’s that much of a threat on defense. Once the commotion dies down, people will realize it.

The only thing I hate about ninjas is when there is more than one, decreasing the chance to disable them because of their family bonus.

You elabored everything quitte well, but did you take into consideration my nerf to Ruby to only cut 50% of mana at 3x charge?

There is your answer :slight_smile:

You said with 34% can fire in two matches and with your 50% Mana cut everyone could fire in one match.

So unfortunately with her current state, only fast heroes can fire in two matches.

Anyway, I think a 50% Mana cut won’t do it at all. This hero is simply completely broken and releasing heroes like that is completely idiotic.

As mentioned before, 370% to all is devastating, cutting all the Mana from all heroes as well is a complete death sentence and then cutting their Mana generation as well without any chance of despelling it because no one has mana left is so completely over the top that no one will understand how this BS could survive beta testing if they would give at least a little sh* about their testers or players.

Of course this hero will be not very common, but releasing things like that hurts the game, it makes all the players even more angry and it feels like they don’t care at all anymore.

The worst thing is, that this seems to be a common practice now and they make it worse every month. They start with the first Ninjas, which seem pretty much op, then they come up with the circus heroes where they even buff the ones that seem to be the best ones already, then they bring up slayers, tower and Alliance quest and everytime there are 2-3 heroes that seem way over the top. And when you think they can’t go on like that, they bring a hero like Ruby who tops it all…

This all seems very unhealthy for the game because it seems like a last big cash grab on the one hand and on the other, it seems like spending money on an event seems useless, because at this pace, in April 2022, there will be heroes in New events, that make you feel you have wasted your rings on Ruby…

5 Likes

Well, we can disagree at the end, but her dmg is in quite a few cases less or comparable, than that of Cobalt or Onyx.

1)If no buffs on enemy are present : Ruby deals more dmg
2)If buffs are present (def up) : Cobalt deals most dmg, second is Onyx (if ranger talent activates, third jade)
3) If counterattack is present : Ruby dies, Cobalt ignores counteratttack, Onyx can potentially survive (ranger talent and pierece through coutnerattack) while also destroys buffs and prevents enemy to having new buffs.
4.) (extra) : if taunter is active , Onyx performs best, followed by cobalt then Ruby

So in 2 out of 3 cases, Cobalt and Onyx perform better on defense.
Also, if you dont have any protections (buffs) in place before a very slow hero fires (ninjas on 3x charge) you are ruined anyway and rightfully so. This is true in case of Alfrike as well (very slow hero) So most of the time, you have buffs at 3x charge, where Onyx and Cobalt perform better than Ruby anyway.

Cleric talent can also prevent mana cutting/ mana reg debuff, while Monks cant prevent mana cut but can mana reg debuff…

With 50% mana cut, heroes can recover faster as well on defense, if Ruby is on offense.

Ruby with mana cut and mana debuff, alongside high attack can be effective on titans though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why you compare ninja to ninjas? You are like comparing Marjana to Ruby. Cobalt is very op also. They all have the same chance to get. Except Jade and Mica, they are all op. New ones are more op. Alfrike fires and you still have a chance to recover, but Ruby is a real pain.

And in the same portal, some heroes power is 798, the others are 818. This even shows that how creepy is this game. After 2 months, there will new green and yellow ninjas, which will also be op. I call them Ninja2.

SGG shold stop ruining the game.

3 Likes

We agree on power creep, that why I felt no necessity to debate. Heroes in past progressed slower, than they are currently.

Hopefully, SG is piling new heroes every second from the standpoint, that they provided soo many heroes for future pulls, that it will keep us busy ( they still getting revenue months after) and they will focus on improving core gameplay experience.

From this view, progression from power creep wont be so dominant in the next year or so :slight_smile:

1 Like

For every Veruca there is a Charlie…some poor kid who got lucky. For those who have never known that feeling- I hope you do one day. Win or lose, buff or nerf, it’s a rush.

Sending good vibes to everyone. May your boards be overflowing with tiles and your summons bring you shiny new heroes to play with. :call_me_hand:t3:

I’ll just wait now with my hard earned gems to summon for new portal that has 3 x 5* ridicuously OP new standard heroes similar to this one. Most likely I won’t have to wait very long :smiley:

If Lord Loki’s behavior is similar in nature to the other Ninja’s (I don’t see why it would change to Ruby), then Loki targeted on Ruby would fire the current charge level of Ruby. At the very least, Ruby gets her own mana reduced and mana gen slowed. If Ruby is past charge level 1 it might not prevent her from firing altogether (i.e., could pull her mana down a charge level [e.g., from charge 2 to charge 1]), but it should still prove quite effective at reducing her special.

Lepiota would also be an exceptional counter to Ruby, putting the OP Ninja in “timeout” for a few turns.

1 Like