Roughian & Nurgib – 5* Fire / Red - January 2023 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

I’m “pretty sure”, too, but the description is vague (shocking, I know :rofl:) and I haven’t found any definitive evidence.

I’m curious if it one of those “seems better than it actually is” things.

It is all observational evidence. But… When we see a hero with minions in 5 turns not get their minions eaten… Then we can presume it to be random. Until then… Observational evidence suggests she targets minion holding heroes.

1 Like

That’s why I came here. Not for the guesses but the facts.

I’ll see what I can dig up and report back.

See if you have a teammate that will set their raid defense with twin seshats at the wings, or devana, and then 3 healers in the center… and then just see if every 3rd roughian constantly focuses on devana/seshat. If it were random… and presuming they have minions, it would be 40% of the time every 3rd turn. But if it is at 100%… then there you go…

And I’m not even suggesting you go through chi square analysis.

1 Like

I tested it against a team with one superior druid. So far R&N always remove thorne minions, but I have to fight it more times to be sure that it works as we think. Waiting for flags…

5 Likes

I power leveled R&N and tested it on one raid so far and there was not a “miss” in three scenarios.

1. 50% chance to target the minion owner and the minions were removed. (2 out of 4 had minions)

2. 25% chance to remove minions and it worked again. (1 out of 4 had minions)

3. 25% chance to correctly target and it worked. (1 out of four had minions)

The chances of three successful events is 3.125%. Not impossible but good enough for me. One or two more data points would make the odds astronomical.

Edit

I found four more events, all successful. 2x 25% and 2x 50% chances. .049%

4 Likes

It’d be one Hell of a coincidence if she did it randomly.

1 Like

Did anyone get the state and ability of lv 90?

Special Boost - At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.

1 Like

Found one out in the wild

9 Likes

The word comes from an old toy called a ‘nerf’ ball which was a soft foam ball developed around the 70’s that was marketed for small kids who could play with it and not hurt themselves.

5 Likes

This card has an innate ability that is missing in the text. It should read “Steals 50% mana from the target that has the most mana and distributes them on allies” . More and more when I face this duo they always hit the unit that’s just about to fire lol. I hate you R&N! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes, it works!
No guardians will appear when you use R+N on the MT.
Just the 3 in the beginning, no further ones.

3 Likes

When embleming, does the mana node help? Thx.

1 Like

It depends on the threshold you are at and the level of your mana troops…

The 2% will save you levelling your troops to the required breakpoint / level

For instance I believe a level 23* mana troop (12% mana boost) can help an average speed hero charge in 9 tiles (as opposed to the usual 10!).

If you got the 2% mana boost you could potentially get away with… a level 17 mana troop (or whatever lvl mana troop has 11% mana boost)

My numbers may be off but hopefully you get what I mean. Perhaps there is someone on here who knows the precise breakpoints, I keep forgetting the name of the thread

*I forget the breakpoints for a fast hero (like R&N), I think it is a level 28 mana troop from memory. So…same analysis…you could get away with…a level 23? mana troop if you got the 2% boost, I think…

Edited numbers above

4 Likes

Thank you, exactly the info I was looking for. Even though I’m still far from that kind of troop lvl (lvl 13 in red, highest is lvl 17 in a different colour), I‘ve always wanted a concise information about those mana breaking points and how to reach them. Maybe there’s a chart somewhere? Does anyone know? Thank you, and thx again frenzied eye. Gonna go sword and maybe reset once I get my troops up.

1 Like

Looks like one sheet is here. Looks like I was wrong…it’s a level 23 mana troop to take 1 tile off average, apologies. So …level 17 troop it seems with 2% mana bonus

There are others I just can’t find them

2 Likes

Perfect, so kind, thanks!!

1 Like

Enjoy! :slight_smile: No worries!

These 2 Topics might be useful for you as well :nerd_face:
Some good info on Mana discussed here:

All types of info in an easy to understand form that Zartanis updates regularly - has Mana infographics included here as well:

3 Likes