Rigged Raids and Other Game Flaws the Devs Will Continue to Ignore

@Mr_Style_Points …well reviewed…

4 Likes

Thank you for your insight. I’ll watch them again and look for the things you mentioned.

6 Likes

Any time. We all want you to do well (unless you’re raiding me), but the only way to improve is to recognize our role in our losses and work to avoid repeating those mistakes moving forward.

5 Likes

This is so frustrating!

Welcome to the forum, Titansgo!

I’m guessing you are struggling with raids? If you wanna post a matchup and your roster, I’m sure people here would be happy to give you advice on how to improve. There are also plenty of articles dedicated to how to pick the best team, etc…

I hope your raids improve :slight_smile:

1 Like

It doesn’t scale linearly. Mono can cover for a lot of technique / nuance failures early/mid game when facing teams outside of diamond. But by the time you’re in diamond and you’re facing Kage/Grave/Guin/Grave/Kage, you better have the right synergy in your purple mono team and be good at turning weak boards or you’re going to suffer a lot more than when facing Sabina/Richard/Viv/Azlar/Caedemon like you might at 2200 cups.

2 Likes

What do you recommend for practicing this? I usually run 3/2 and I often struggle with running mono. Do you have the same mono team, regardless of the offense? Is your red mono always your red mono if you decide on bringing red, or is it changed depending on what you are facing?

1 Like

It took me 3+ weeks to get comfortable w mono - and then for a few months it was just purple - I hunted Guin tanks, as my other teams weren’t built yet.

It took me 3+ months to start to get good at mono.

I have 5 teams built and the composition of the enemy isn’t relevant to my teams - they stay the same. The slight exception is red where I have Santa and Ares at 4/80 and switch them from time to time… just bc I’m trying to decide which I like better and red is my weakest hitting team so Santa helps there.

Green I also swapped buddy in for Tarlak for a while but settled on Tarlak on my A team and buddy on my B green team.

2 Likes

I used rainbow only for the longest time. I’m still inexperienced with color stacking outside of titans.

I originally came to the forums because I lost so much and did so little damage against titans. I wanted to know what I was doing wrong. Thanks to learning about color stacking, I almost hit my goal of a 100k titan hit(96k yesterday), and my raid wins are higher. I am still really uncomfortable running mono though. 3/2 is usually my go to these days. Ever do that?

2 Likes

That’s a higher damage total than my highest.

But my teams are built for war, not titans. I’m a solid 35-50k per hit vs titans and occasionally get some good 60-75k hits in. Highest is 90ish - but I’m slower than most when playing normally which doesn’t translate well to the really high Titan scores.

3 Likes

I recently switched from 3-2 to running mono most of the time. There are two keys to running mono.

1. Offensive symmetry outweighs defense. I run the same teams regardless of the enemies I face. The reason for this is mono is based on tile damage and specials charging at the same time. This means that once your specials are charged, you can kill one, two or three heroes of your choosing instantly. The only choice you have is which three. What skills your opponents possess means nothing.

2. When faced with a bad starting board, you need to know which enemy heroes won’t hurt you too much when their special fires. Send your bad tiles into that hero to, hopefully, get good tile replacements. In addition to this, if you are strong against the tank, since it usually takes only 3 tiles to kill, you can afford to send bad tiles at the tank early. If you get a match before they charge fully, you can kill them with that match anyway.

5 Likes

Do you agree that mono is more powerful than 3/2 overall and that the “bad board” worry often expressed is less of an issue than most think?

I do, but only after you have practiced it. There are plenty of ways to shoot yourself in the foot when you are new to mono. I believe that is why people speak ill of mono. If you don’t play the board right, it can hurt you badly, and most people have that as their first impressions of mono.

1 Like

@IvyTheTerrible, I’m fresh out of likes but I WILL be back!!! :heart: Have an extra heart while you wait :wink:

2 Likes

About the “rigged raids”:

Put on your armour
Ragged after fights
Hold up your sword
You’re leaving the light…

tinfoil-army-high-af-friends-tinfoil-mask-14340614260

Make yourself ready
For the lords of the dark
They’ll watch your way
So be cautious, quiet and hark…

wtf-photos-videos-the-hidden-temple-of-the-aluminum-monks

@BFD, it’s quite obviously (at least to me) that @Garanwyn, @Rook, @zephyr1 and @Kerridoc are all in cahoots with @discobot. Their plan is equally obvious!! Completely frustrate the masses with bad boards, while telling us it’s ALL RNG, and seeking world domination while we are all bashing our heads against the wall!!
I’d highly suggest putting the game down and SLOWLY backing away. You are almost caught in there masterful trap, once they have you there is no escape!!!

1 Like

People like to blame me for everything.

7 Likes

Oh so you are going to play all innocent now huh? We are on to your plans of world domination!!

1 Like

hides behind discobot

5 Likes

Yeah like its crazy to believe that a company will make “adjustments” to increase their profit.

Maybe they are saints and maybe santa Claus is real.

Raiding system is set that way to keep you steady. you wanna push, then you can climb to top100 for 2-3 min and then back where you belong. This is why people with 60,70 or 80% victories all have same cups.