Raid Tournament - Experiment- Please Leave

There is a ladder but it is attack for attack, defense for defense, not attack for defense.

When you lose an attack, your next opponent in attack will be weaker but when you win, it become stronger. Your attack has nothing to do with your defense.

1 Like

No a ladder would mean your defence got weaker attackers. Not the strong attackers you claim they are.

Next week, do this again with an off-colour tank as your claim is the game rigs the board in your favour.

1 Like

I think you just discovered “raid tournament shuffling”… :joy: :joy: :joy:

Like @Tess_01 said abovem that is NOT an average defense, 5 emblemed heroes with fully leveled troops is almost top notch.

And, because you intentionally lost your first 4 battles (I will assume here 0 attackin points), your only points in the tournament are those of your defense wins.

Occam says it’s just how the matching works, presenting your defense to players near with near to 700 points score, and since there is no re-rolling in raid tournaments, well, they are doomed to face your defense and lose miserably.

Next time I suggest trying with un-emblemed heroes, with unleveled troops, THAT will be an average defense.

3 Likes

Fine for me- I’ll let you pick my raid defense setup and repeat the experiment

Hang on- then you’re saying the Raid Tournament is flawed- it’s matching based on points won- hence a strong defense that deliberately lowered points will cause others to lose out.

This was “explanation 2” - only I don’t buy that weaker players are raiding me- as shown previously.

But the crux of your point is- RT matchup is flawed, in your opinion, yes? Therefore, I should report this as a bug? An issue? Causing others to unnecessarily lose out?

What would a strong offense look like vs my defense in this case? Just to compare your view of “fair matches” vs actual matches.

They are indeed weaker.

Just your 15 lvl Guild Strikers give your Prisca +17% attack, +10% defense and 7% HP, over the costume and the emblems bonus.

lets compare to wq1:

Your team: 3 costumed heroes, one Vanilla and one Valhalla hero, all emblemed, with 4 fully leveled troops

wq1: 4 vanilla heroes (no attack, defense, mana generation and HP bonus), with the highest level troop being lvl 7.

Asd someone said above, Gunnar and Sudri are very powerful heroes to bring to rush tournaments, they (wq1 and Solomon) don’t even have them on their defense, so, either they don’t have that type of heroes, or they don’t know how to use them, let alone the fact that they not using purple tanks in a no-yellow tyournament says a lot about their team forming skills (or lack of).

no, it may be not perfect, but I don’t think it’s flawed.

Actually, the fact that system did not match you to even weaker opponents, means that it takes into consideration tournament points, but with some limit to hero strength.

If you want to prove bads boards are an intentional penalization, you need to gather specific info at the time of attacking, like tile initial distribution at the beginning and during the game, and in a lot of raids.

Also you need a control group to compare results.

It’s lunch time, I’ll get back to you on that.

1 Like

Oh, I absolutely wish I could but as you can imagine, it’s hard if not impossible to obtain such statistics.

Sidenote- I’m f2p by choice but the one thing I absolutely would pay would be some sort of sparring room where you can set a defense and invite others into your sparring room and view their attacking session. Not only would it allow us to see better our defenses but would provide valuable statistics such as board distribution.

Anyway, if I summarize Day 2- my defense is better than average but not the best and no defense is un breakable. So far, I have the highest defense winning streak and we claim this is due to being continually matched with weaker opponents- however the matching algorithm isn’t flawed, it just picks opponents that can’t break my defenses regardless of their experience, roster and attacking abilities. Finally, defense winning streaks are very common but mostly around 4/5 tops- as yet, no where near 7 or 8 consecutive wins.

Sounds about right?

What I notices in tournaments:

1- The board is more generous/favorable than in raids. Same with war boards.

2- If I lose attacks, I get better defense results.

3- If I win battles, I get worse defense results.

Why would devs do this? Tournaments are P2W. It is normal to think devs want to make people spend diamonds.

1 Like

For reference, here’s my defense team and their performance:

(I’m 4-1 in attacks so far)

(Your defense team is better than you think.)

Snap! Hence this experiment to demo exactly that!

Who is “we”? My claim is that your defense is too strong. C.Prisca tank on rush attack no yellow tourney flanked by Gunnar and Belith, supported by Sudri is strong defense.

Swap the position of C.Prisca and C.Balthazar and you will get defense losses.

2 Likes

How has your defense performed end of Day 2? How long did the defense streak last?

See, this is the problem with the defense & matchup explanations so far- they are mostly contradictory.

If my defense is strong at 2600 using season 1 heroes- then why isn’t this setup reflected by others throughout the leaderboard? More to the point- who in the leaderboard even has C Priska as tank? And why do the top 100 have TP > 2900? They would do better with my defense lineup- right? After all- Day 3 and my defense has still not lost whereas those reside in the leaderboard have lost defense battles.

Just doesn’t make sense…

Matching-

(sidenote: flaws are imperfections FYI). Again- doesn’t make sense.

The only explanation that exists without contradiction is “bad board” theory. In this setup- ie trigger unnatural losses initially and invoke board manipulation later- explains why others attack my defense and consistently lose- the boards were bad and will continue to remain bad.

What’s strange for me is that “we” prefer the contradictory explanations like “not perfect but not flawed “ matches or “weak but strong and no-one in the leaderboard uses C Priska as tank anyway…” defenses- over non contradictory “bad boards” explanation.

Clearly you don’t understand how tournaments work.

Those with 2900 TP are matched against defense with higher TP which generate more points.

If there are players with 2900 TP and players wIth 2500 TP and they both won all attacks and defense, the one with 2900 TP will have more points. That is why top 100 are dominated by 2900 TP.

Now to your theory, you said that by losing attack, your defense will force opponent to have bad boards. That theory have giant holes: how come the top 1 win all their 25 attacks, yet have A defense from day 1 to day 5?

Costumed season 1 is better than season 2 or even season 3. Even when the costume is not equipped, they still have the costume bonuses. You do not have pure season 1 in your defense.

Most people know Prisca is bad, so they rarely levelled her. Her costume is also bad outside of tournament. It turns out she is deadly as tank in no yellow rush attack. Currently, not many consider her but I will use it in the next tourney with this rule…

2 Likes

Please, I absolutely do know how the Tournament works- that my A grade defense outperformed yours is evident.

All you can conclude about my defense is that- it’s not the strongest- but remains undefeated. Other defenses are stronger- but they were defeated.

And that’s it- which itself says nothing and explains nothing in regards to my defense win streak.

The bad board theory is challenged with “show data to prove it” - which is difficult to obtain. However, that argument itself doesn’t disprove bad boards- yet, bad boards are observed. Moreover, unlike “defense” or “matching” theory- bad boards has no contradictory attributes- ie the argument is not disproved and logically sound.

That you choose not to believe bad board theory is irrelevant to its existence

Im on a streak of 6 d wins with an 8 2 offense

1 Like

Cool.

I’m still on 7/7 - no new defense attacks as yet.

A single sample gives no evidence.
To get valid evidence it takes 50-100 samples in my opinion.

Gather more data to prove your theory.

I will not participate in the data collection as I do not want to leave the tournament on Mondays or pay gems.

1 Like

I am 13-2, in the top 1%, and my defense is 2-4. According to the completely arbitrary “rule” proposed here, this should not happen.