POV should be Harder

PoV was fairly easy even for f2p, if you started around year ago.
I would make it more challenging with better rewards rather then adding third column of rewards.

2 Likes

I agree, this was indeed too easy. Would have liked to have seen greater challenges combined with greater reward.

3 Likes

I really like the idea. Seems like it would be fun and I’d enjoy trying to complete all those challenges. This game has been out for 3 years. There are a ton of loyal seasoned players who deserve more challenges.

Here’s what I don’t like about it.

I thought POV was meant as a way to reward the active daily players and a lot of these new challenges wouldn’t be attainable through daily grinding. Maybe this could be a separate event?

3 Likes

Lower the tone, please

11 Likes

I don’t think I’ll complete it I’m level 41 tournament I’ll probably lose out on the rewards. Never paying for a continue!
Doesn’t bother me at all, it wasn’t to hard or easy either.
It does depend where you are in the game for a lot of players higher want a challenge lowers want to complete it but can’t?
You won’t please everyone. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Time to break out the…

4 Likes

maybe you should address the OP as well…

There goes my chances for regular status…

If you edit the post just a smidgen, I expect all will be well :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You get your own special reply.

I realize that if you are in the “this is already too hard, I’m getting passed up, I cant keep up” camp my OP may have felt like a personal attack. Your entire response is to one sentence in a long post.

This statement was directly in response to the numerous other threads where people are complaining about POV (or frankly every other aspect of the game). I wanted to have a convo about an idea. The statement was 1/2 tongue in cheek and 1/2 please keep the whining elsewhere.

I can and I have in the other threads about POV. As I said, I didn’t want to rehash that here. Happy to have that discussion again on any of the points mentioned in this or other threads.

and I dont really care about people I dont know’s respect…but fwiw, I do value logical arguments and enjoy them immensely. Just don’t find too much of that here.

I am sorry I hurt your feelings. I just wanted to have one conversation on the forum without the pitchforks. I know this idea would never happen, but like many things on the forum, the discussion is half the fun. thanks for confirming why we cant have nice things here.

1 Like

So, let’s be clear. You want them to add content (and rewards) that are aimed at the top 0.1%-1% of players? Because that’s squarely what your suggestions indicate.

We don’t know how many players there really are, but if we assume 1M active accounts, that makes the top 1% only 10,000. If half of them spend the full $10 (more may, but they’ll likely buy the combo option, so it’s likely a wash) then that’s $50k/2 months, or $300k/year. Assuming no diminishing returns.

Maybe that’s worth it to them for the development time and associated other costs. It’s more than I thought, I’ll say that.

The real question is if it’s good for the long term health of the game to dangle rewards like that that only the smallest fraction of the player base can even TRY for. I don’t know enough of the psychology here to say for certain.

2 Likes

It wasn’t hard, but it was boring - and it runs for waaaaaaaay too long.

5 Likes

There are enough “random” loot options that hose us…why complicate the one thing that is a direct resource instead of RNG like the rest of the game… Of course it could be harder…so could Trials and Rare Quests…so could Titans. Doesn’t mean they should be harder.

Daily Quests or “Dailies” is a tried and true method borrowed from MMORPG like World of Warcraft. They are designed by the devs to keep screen time up, and thus spending. They are meant to be a grind, not difficult. You don’t want to miss a day grinding because you want to points, no matter how menial the Quest. Therefore you log in everyday. As a generality, the more time in game, the more spending…so doubt they will make it more difficult. And if they did, it would defeat the purpose and masses would give up when they realized they couldnt complete the path.

10 Likes

To kill a dragon instead of ducks? :slight_smile:

Before you say that POV was easy, did you use just 4* heroes to beat legendary level? Try to win with rainbow team.

My answer is not intentionally for you but for all of you who are saying that POV was easy. You can not think just about yourself. Think also about our little sisters and brothers (small accounts). They are already far behind and gap is just increasing.

What they have to change are numbers. For example ducks, kill 50 ducks, finish 10 Map 1 stages etc. Not make it harder but more intense.

6 Likes

I know it’s not exactly what OP started with - about adjustments to POV for high-end players…

It would be very cool to have ‘impossible’ quests, that let those high-end players reach for the stars:

1. A special map battle with "endless waves.’ Rewards scale with how far you got.
  2. A special raid battle with “endless waves,” but you’re allowed to use up to 6 of your teams one after another.

I don’t think POV specifically needs to be harder, but it would be nice to have something that CRUSHED me, so I could work towards doing better. ATM I can complete all events, quests, and will even finish POV. Only a year in, so I know players who have been here longer are probably in similar shoes.

3 Likes

LOL, you haven’t hurt my feelings in the slightest was just calling out you out on the tone of your post. And no I’m not in the camp of it being too hard - indeed when it was in beta I was against removing quests like defeat certain levels with X number of Barbarians as whilst they were challenging for some they were more interesting but starting a topic saying you’re not interested in dissenting opinions is not conducive to a productive discussion on the matter and just thought like Ursena and Mitsuko I’d just reflect the tone back at you. Forum rules specifically say to be respectful of other forum members and their opinions which it definitely fell short of doing.

Really? Because you started this thread by blanket declaring you weren’t interested in any dissenting opinions regardless of how respectful or how well argued they were. It’s one thing to say you don’t have time to deal with response just saying they disagree whilst welcoming more reasoned discussion (I mean this section of the forum is actually labelled discussion so if you’re not prepared to discuss it then don’t post it, Hel if all you wanted to do was post suggestions for challenges they could have gone in Ideas part and not been as confrontational) and another thing to say you don’t care about any dissenting opinion at all.

Which is a shame as honestly there is probably a decent nuanced conversation that could be had on this for whilst as I say I was in favour of certain trickier more interesting tasks like the Barbarian ones I do also think some of the other challenges such as the Valor Challenge for summons unfairly shafts F2P in particular. However starting off saying don’t care about a bunch of opinions on the subject isn’t going to result in a productive discussion on it in the slightest. The issue here isn’t the ideas you’ve put across but the way you approached doing it. Anyway that’s as much as I can be bothered with responding to this, feel free to return to the topic of a one sided discussion.

8 Likes

I guess this is what I was hoping to address. I dont believe that all aspects of all features need to be for all players. I though multiple tiers would be a good way to keep players of different levels engaged.

3 Likes

usually these battle passes in games arent intended to be difficult, they’re intended to be carrots in front of us on our treadmills so we keep up the grind.

I think what you want is more competition and more leaderboards and essentially more features that involve competition and leaderboards.

I also want more competition.

I would like to see some sort of synchronous pvp (maybe shared tile board like in puzzle quest) with round robin tournaments and top winner prizes. I think this would juice the competitive spirit and satisfy your cravings.

I found pov to be disruptive more so than easy or hard. the whole merc system was ridiculous. the rewards for summons seemed ridiculous too. I expect big changes from sg, not for more difficult but more relevance.

2 Likes

Fair. deleted that comment.

However, The point was that this wasn’t a thread to discuss how hard the current was is/is not. But a new thread to discuss an idea.

Edit for further clarity: My point was that this thread was to discuss a specific idea/addition and no matter what was put at the top of my post, people would have read “POV harder” and freaked out.

@JonahTheBard here you go. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3shedi

That’s the entire meme ration for this thread, so behave yourselves :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

It doesn’t need to be harder. I understand wanting more of challenger but SG just released a statement about making changes to POV so more players can complete it.

1 Like