POV should be Harder

POV was not difficult for me and frankly, I wish it was.

Personally I don’t think the first iteration was bad. I thought it was very approachable, provided fair rewards along the way, and all players can participate and receive rewards that equal their effort and ability. I would give the SG team a pat on the back if I could and believe this is one of the best new features of the game.

However… It wasn’t hard enough. There were VERY few daily tasks that wouldn’t be completed through my normal daily play and I think that there is an opportunity for improvement.

Here are my thoughts, and I would love to hear your ideas or counterpoints:

• Keep the first 50 stages as is including the challenges, rewards, and timing.
  • Include a third tier of challenges under Valor challenge tiles called “extreme valor” or something like that. - These challenges have a different point system and are not counted towards the standard POV path.
  • Include a third tier or rewards to the left of the paid rewards that are achieved at tier 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50
  • There would be 60 “extreme valor” challenges each worth 1 point. These would be open for all 50 days and could be completed at any time. These challenges would be dramatically more difficult

EDIT FOR CLARITY

• Each challenge is worth 1 point and you need 10 points for level 10, 20 for 20, etc ect

Possible Challenge Examples

• Reach the top 100 of the leaderboard
  • Reach the top 10 of the leaderboard
  • Reach #1 on the leaderboard
  • Defeat 4k enemy heroes in raids
  • Place in the top 1000 in a raid tournament
  • Place in the top 100 in a raid tournament
  • Place in the top 1000 in a challenge event
  • Place in the top 100 in a challenge event
  • Defeat 30 12* or higher titans
  • Win 30 raids in a row
  • Score 100K or more on a 10*+ titan
  • Win 40 raids with 100% health
  • Win 20 raids with only 3 heroes on offense
  • Be the top attacker in you alliance for a war
  • Beat a S3 map stage with only 3* heroes
  • Beat a S3 map stage on hard with a team power under 3500
  • etc etc (the point is to create some fun and outlandish challenges)

Rewards

• Level 10: Full set of all unfarmable 3* mats & a S2 Iron Harvester
  • Level 20: Full set of all 4* AMs & a S2 Food Harvester
  • Level 30: A building FF token & a S2 Recruit Harvester
  • Level 40: Ascension Material reset token & a S2 Item Harvester
  • Level 50: 50 of each emblem & a S2 Omni Harvester

Other Notes

• $10 cost or $15 for both POV paths
  • Their should be a spectrum of challenges, all on the more difficult end, but at least 20 that are very very very hard to accomplish for even more accomplished players.
23 Likes

it wasn’t hard for you, but not all say that. it wasn’t easy to finish all that, some can’t afford to pay to finish something that could’ve been a lot easier so it would be fair for every players. so just think of general when you ask for something more.

40 Likes

Are you kidding me. The first comment. FIRST COMMENT.

POV was perfectly fair. Everyone received the rewards they earned. Everyone had the same opportunity to buy the premium version. Just because you cant finish doesn’t make it not fair. You get the exact rewards that are appropriate for your current level of game play.

21 Likes

That is a very selfish assessment for a game that has over 1 million players.

Pretty sure they won’t take any of this into consideration if they actually want to keep the game going. You alienated so many players with you ridiculous ideas.

Remember they are still trying to keep the game not P2W and everything you said drives it farther in that direction.

51 Likes

POV was an appropriate difficulty. I would rather see them modify the existing challenges to increase the difficulty than try to put out 60 more that won’t be good. (I.e. win tournament battles as opposed to just participate in them.) Your “extreme valor” is catering to a very small subsection of the player base.

Also, assuming same duration as POV, only 600 players max can complete all challenges in your extreme valor if you have to place top 100 in a challenge event…

24 Likes

I play every day, and make some 2 or 3 chests per day. Still didnt get enouf coins to pass the challenge of summoning heroes. You pass it if you spend monney…so…thats not very easy

12 Likes

definitely things to reflect upon in the OP
Some of the proposed challenges, although directed at seasoned players, sound fun and challenging to me (which is what a challenge should be, right ?).
I must admit I wasn’t too excited -nor challenged- by hunting ducks or just burning flags

7 Likes

burning flags???

Do you fill chests?!?!?

Not really burning flags. Ok you don’t get to do 8-7 for the 3387488299292020 time. But change is good…

2 Likes

There was definitely some flag burning. Especially when we “had” to do some underwater levels & season 2 maps during the weekend Season 3 was introduced.

13 Likes

exactly
same with “attack a titan”, “attack in war”, “attack in tournament” and so on…this is what I meant with burning flags: just using them, without any performance requirement

2 Likes

Haba Maka why…this is damn near impossible…
Kilode naaaa. Fine more challenges should be added, but not this…

17 Likes

Well tough titties, seems the by the announcement from the developers that they don’t agree with you. Also interesting way to go about making your case by alienating anyone you may need to persuade right of the bat (at this point I’d recommend you look up an adage about flies, honey and vinegar) as just singing to the choir that already agree with you won’t be enough to change the direction the developers have gone with.

I don’t particularly care either way but if you’re gonna make claims of proving something and then fail to actual evidence and just your own subjective rabblings especially with the way you started it I’ll pile in.

Frankly you’re probably wasting your time with this as given the developers want more people rather than less people to buy the pass they have a financial incentive to make it easier rather than more difficult and very rarely does SGG decide to pass on the moolah. Only thing you’ve probably achieved here is for give incentive to a bunch of forum readers to go in search of blocking future posts from you popping up in future that will just make it harder for you to get support on future grievances you may have.

You want people to respect your opinions then treating others with respect. Anyway that’s just my two cents, feel free to respond to it but I’m just gonna be ignoring as well now…

Good day to you.

32 Likes

38 Likes

I don’t think POV needs to be harder.

Some of your challenge suggestions leave MOST people out. Why would SG sell something that appeals strictly to the top 0.01%?

When the next POV (or whatever it’ll be called) comes out, we’ll all get a base line for how they aim to ‘improve’ and the direction they’ll move in. I guess we’ll all start this convo over once that happens.

6 Likes

I agree. POV wasn’t hard at all. I would call it more annoying than anything.

There were definitely times where it made me play the game in ways that I wouldn’t have (I don’t often shoot ducks, only play Atlantis levels during AR, etc), but I don’t feel like it increased my interaction with the game on a day to day basis.

I’d welcome an additional way to get more loot during POV, but most people would just complain that they don’t have the roster/ability to earn those rewards, and that it’s unfair to the newer players so I think if anything it will end up getting easier, not harder.

(This should have been a reply to the original poster but apparently you can’t edit that part)

4 Likes

POV was fine, neither too hard nor too easy. Commensurate with rewards.

What you are looking for is something else that’s way more masochistic and would probably burn a few players out trying to achieve.

That said, a tournament of sorts like that isn’t a terrible idea, but you would have to tier it in a way that just isn’t feasible.

7 Likes

I think CVS is not lying . POV has more of grinding than It has of difficult and challenging.
Id love to see extra task that are really a challange .
I doubt debs thought about this approachment but nice ideas . This obviously like something extra to the classic pov

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the rewards you listed. But that may be because I’m jealous/petty. They seem equal parts awesome yet unattainable for me.

But if there were “achievement points” for doing some of the tasks you listed which were for something inconsequential but a well-earned bragging right (like the Vivica avatar for level 100) I would be a proponent of something shake up how you play.

1 Like

horrible it’s like you want the game to be more for the whales than it is now…probably sg heading that way with the game anyway.

6 Likes

replying en masse…

In reply to:

First, either reading comprehension isn’t great or I did a poor job explaining my idea. As you can see by my post, This doesn’t replace the current iteration of POV, it is an additional challenge for those of us that found POV to be too easy. You get to keep the current version with an additional bonus that we all play if we want.

In reply to:

Very valid point. They were just examples but remember, my idea has 60 possible points and you only need 50!

In reply to:

I understand your frustrations… but… you didn’t prep well enough then. Since March 1st I have saved over 85 tokens (Gray, ETT, EHT). Also it has been addressed here:

In reply to:

I can assure you it isn’t. This would not be possible for new players. but for later stage players, this would be a fun addition. All features of a game do not need to be for all players.

In reply to:

My hope was that the different tiers would allow for many more players to get into the lower tiers with only needing 10 or 20 points (out of a possible 60) to get a full set of AMs. Thanks for the feedback!

In reply to:

nope, just another way to play the game as some of us advance to higher levels.

3 Likes