Potential cheat/loophole - Claiming multiple war chest loot simultaneously

Morning @NeliosTG

War match making is still imperfect.

As has been mentioned, the vast majority of war score is based on hero roster strength.

Do you have screenshots of the two alliances, the battlefield or the result?

41 days means they could have fought about 10 wars, and would have built up a decent win streak if they were often victorious.

I would think we should probably chalk it up to the ongoing efforts to balance war rather than a bug without a bit more of a pattern.

Mods do have access to a little bit more interaction with staff than the general community and I am content that they take the issue seriously and continue to put efforts into improving the situation.

Certainly the weighting of smaller benches with a number of high level heroes has caused my alliance problems too.

1 Like

Hi @JonahTheBard Thanks for responding. This war hasn’t started yet and I didn’t take pics of the last one. As I said to Rigs above, I’ll see if the war plays out as expected or of perhaps this is just some delayed balancing were seeing. I’ll grab some screeners along the way but hopefully just strange coincidence.

Our alliance has been putting in solid daily efforts the last 10-11 months to get where we are so just seems strange to see an 8 day old and 41 day old alliance be matched with us and look so much more powerful over the entire team. At that age, you’d expect they would still be working on benches at the lower ranked levels but looks like both have quite a lot of fully developed and unique/rare heroes.

Our last war, the teams posting 2700 power defence for raids and war, managed 6 full attacks with a few of them not missing a kill (albeit on our weaker defence teams).

Will report back after this war.

1 Like

That’s cup dropping, it’s a very common strategy. Nothing to worry about

This is how I would exploit the system.

• Have three alternate accounts and start three alliances, A, B, and C.
  • Have 29 active alliance members, all in alliance A. Fight actively in that alliance until war chest is full, hopefully after 5 wars, and in the meantime lose all wars in alliances B and C.
  • At this point, the alliance war history is A: +5, B: -5, C: -5.
  • Move the 29 active members to alliance B. The next wars should be easier since B’s war history is -5.
  • Fill the war chest in alliance B, and lose all wars in A and C. After the war chest is full, assuming again five straight wins, the war history is: A: 0, B: 0, C: -10.
  • Move the active players to alliance C, and keep repeating this.
3 Likes

Interesting hypothesis.

That would of course wreck your titan record so unless you had two alt accounts each at the same level beating titans in B and C, but losing wars, then I think trying to exploit that possible loophole would be a net loss

Plus moving 30 players across timezones precisely between wars would be some serious logistics and commitment.

So might work on paper but probably horribly impractical :rofl:

Funny you should mention as that would technically work. You got me thinking so checked the 41 day old alliance titan score and it’s 41k. Ours is 55k.

I hear ya but there no benefit to cup dropping really these days

Filling easy raid chests is the main attraction. One or two in my alliance still do it :relaxed:

1 Like

Yeah, I guess but it’s actually easier to fill in the diamond arena where you get lots of guinevere as tanks. So easy with all dark attack team. Top tip for em! :smiley:

1 Like

If you have an all dark attack team. Dont think 3* will really cut in diamond league. :smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile: perhaps 5 x Vlad! :smile:

Not as big of a logistical nightmare as it sounds if you simplify it.

2 alliances

A: main
B: dummy

30 members in A
30 alts in B

Play main accounts normally until alliance is killing 9 and 10*

Get alts strong enough to kill 8* titans rather easily which only takes 3 4* of each color level 60 or higher plus wu and another buffer or healer of your choosing

Win 5 wars in A
Lose 5 wars in B

Switch

The A players(main accounts) in team B kill some 9* in a row and collects 2 chests in 10 wars

The B players(alts) that are now in team A lose 5 wars in a row, drops alliance down to 8* titans

The A players go back to team A

The B players go back to Team B

Now Lookin at quite a bit of 9* titan kills for Team A players and roughly 2 war chests filled per month, and majority of titan kills are 9* which are the sweet spot for mats anyways. All 60 players are on the same page becauae it’s only 30 players that are doing it all. If we can get 30 players to strategize in wars and titans, we can 30 players to turn into 60 players and loot galore for their main accounts

1 Like

@Kerridoc thanks for moving to the correct topic section. Sorry, didn’t realise this was an actual bug/ loophole at first so wanted to check with others but thanks again.

Update now war has started: They have 53 to our 55 flags remaining and only 2-4 of their attacks haven’t been full kills (even down to their “weaker” players). Board is about to be reset by them and scores are already 696 to 987 to them.

We are definitely fighting against a veteran alliance with full benches.

10-11 months for us to reach current war/ alliance/ titan scores and we have over half the alliance still working on 3* and 4* benches - 41 days for them to get equal to us on war score -10k titan score but much deeper benches across their alliance.

Will update at half time then full details at the very end.

Any breakout alliance from the best guilds/ groups of players is probably going to have to demolish weaker alliances as their new alliances form and they work their way to the top, so perhaps it’s just that and will balance out. Hopefully that’s all it is and the volume of those isn’t crazy.

1 Like

So you need 30 players and alt accounts that are capable of killing 9* titans. And win wars.

Sounds like they got plenty of mats already :grinning:

1 Like

:smiley: touche!
20 characters

1 Like

I’m not goin to sit and debate this with you. Saying players are satisfied with the mats they have, so they have no reason to find a loophole to obtain more is a pretty weak argument.

You think players spend money on events because they’re satisfied with the mats they have?
You think players buy mats because they have plenty and no reason to get more?

I’m not saying players are using the system provided above to loophole their way into a solid gain of mats, I’m just sayin don’t make me prove that it’s doable

I have to say, I don’t like this new matchmaking at all. We lose two wars and now we have opponent, which we are probably going to crush big time. And I think, that they don’t even try to win. Two their members left during war and whole alliance is full with players, that have been there one month or less. So they probably have another alliance some where, not saying that they are using loop hole, but they definetly have decide to lose. So this war isn’t fun at all. We are in top300 and usually every war are in way, that both alliances uses almost all attacks and so on.

Another newish alliance of similar war score that is obviously not a static alliance by looking at their players time in the group.

Wow! You got a really rough deal. Our opponents seemed to stop hitting in the second round so they’ve 60 flags left compared to our 13 which has let us get ahead but perhaps they are waiting for the last hours to launch a big attack?

We will see soon enough

Players A in alliance A win 5 wars → A chest = 25, players A get the loot
Players B in alliance B, 5 defeats → B chest=5, players B no loot
Alliance change
Players A in alliance B win 4 wars → B chest=25 BUT participation for players A is only 4/9 => very poor loot !!

Not interesting at all…

1 Like