Players be like . .

1.5 years of playing, over 150 Summons mostly 10 pull ones, 4 TC20’s working non-stop, and the results: 20 5s with 6 of them being duplicates
“0” HOTM 5
s
“0” Event 5*s
2 of these are Red with both of them being Elena, easily the worst of the group.

So every time, y’all pull a HOTM or Special 5* on a single pull, it’s just another kick in the gut to me, lol. Wonder why I don’t spend any money on this game, hmmm???

I feel your pain, although I disagree with you about Elena. I think she’s the only viable red TC20 tank, I hate facing her in raids (when I see her I sometimes reroll instead of suffering through the potential humiliation of losing), and I wish I had her.

4 Likes

Interesting position on Elena. Her mana is so slow compared to my 4*s, but maybe I will have to give her another whirl. Thank you for the feedback!

2 Likes

You also cannot forget Elena’s superior tile damage for a Red.

4 Likes

Mobile games didn’t do this, we the market did this. We are willing to spend over and over again so why would they change this mode of it is so effective in making capital? I get the complaint here, as I use to years ago myself in other games, but we are all at the point now, after almost a decade of mobile gaming like this, if knowing how this works. Wecannot complain when we keep saying with our actions that we want this. I’m personally fine with it now. I don’t spend like I use to, but I still get enjoyment out of making progress here and there in between everything else I have going on in life.

Also, I want to shout out to the OP with saying it’s impossible to compete in this game as F2P. I fundamentally disagree. This game has the most friendly access to all levels of playing because of how balanced it is in slowing every stage of progress down for ALL players no matter what spending category they are in. Release of new units does not impact the meta here like it does in other games. In fact, I would dare to say, the meta here is entirely subjective for the most part. Everything here can be beaten, no matter if it’s a pure f2p classic five star squad VS a premium latest unit squad.

6 Likes

Well yes “we the market did this”, is also accurate… the thing is the demographics of gaming shifted due to mobile games. We had console gaming and the superior PC (desktop gaming). Both of which were tools designed specifically for gaming. Then mobile phones got into the hands of the masses… Those of us who played other gaming platforms prior to the mobile madness had standards as consumers for what we expected for our money.

I think it’s safe to say that the majority of mobile phone users never considered themselves as ‘gamers’. The masses had no standards for games and for many it was all very new. Game designers have shifted their priorities to the honey pot of mobile games because they are generally much cheaper and easier to create than the alternatives. And who can blame the game designers when you can put in x less effort for an x greater payoff.

“We are willing to spend over and over again”. This in mass is what set gaming back indeed. Unless of course people actually had decent to high standards for games and what they are worth.

To some degree it was inevitable. Back in the mid to late 2000’s we started seeing gaming companies dying off left and right. I never thought I’d see LucasArts suffer the same fate, but damn, we lost a lot of developers around that time with many still struggling to make it in the gaming climate back then. While gaming companies have taken on the mobile model to our frustration, in a lot of ways, it was a means to survival apart from just being ablazed with getting as much money as possible. I mean, look at Bioware for example. They have become a shell of what they once were as the premier gaming studio to produce story based games that were unlike anything else out there. They have been swallowed by the same need to survive everyone, especially Blizzard now, else has focused on in gaming despite poor reviews on sub par ipa’s. I’m not sure if we ever will go back to how things once were if we consistently having people going into debt to keep up with games like this. The social aspect of games like this are both highly beneficial with having great people to play with but detrimental with always producing a ‘keep up with the Jones’ culture among player groups. I want my deeply fulfilling single player games again, but it genuinely doesn’t seem like that will be the focus in gaming for a long time to come.

2 Likes

“What do you mean the WIZARD of OZ is a $&%*ing MONK??”

1 Like

Skyrim, Red Dead and the like are stepping up console gaming. Path of Exile has taken f2p ARPGs on pc to a new level. There’s even a couple subscription based games released this year (Camelot Unchained being the one I’m anticipating)… and WoW is still subscription based… not what it was but still has millions. Mobile apps by nature are to be picked up and put down. There can’t be the depth and involvement of the pc or console games.

I agree this game is becoming more of play to win … and some of those heroes are really to powerful …

Yes I mostly agree with what your saying having mostly the same issues! Having said that I still find it one of the most entertaining games I’ve played on a mobile! Biggest downer for me after playing this for the last three years is that I’m still trying to get ascention items to fully power up my main heroes never mind the class emblems! But look on the bright side they have added new storyline (still ongoing) downside of which is the energy cost, so take a long time to complete and even with my best team still need battle items to complete the battle! Could be the same old like marvel puzzle quest and then having to repeat each stage 6 times to complete it! Far prefer this game!

2 Likes

Just did, arguably, my last 10 hero/2600 gem summons, and maybe my final act in this ridiculous game. The results: All Red - 9 3*'s & 1 4* Gormek for the 4th time at least, and of course no HoTM again. Truly not fun playing a game that you cannot get better at if you don’t spend money to get the Special Heroes. Oh well, more Marvel Strike Force in my future, plus finding another game that treats its members much more fairly…

I started to wonder that, but then I realized it wasn’t true, because here you are, still spending money and still telling us how awful your experience is when you spend money, and how this time you’re really, really, really not going to spend money on the game anymore.

Mmm’kay. Buh-bye now.

EDIT: also, red elemental 10-pull for the lulz

1 Like

At what point did I say that I spent money on this game? I saved up my 2600 gems specifically waited for the HoTM to be Red, then Elemental Summons to be Red, and I rolled. There was NO money spent, and will not be any money spent on this game ever! But hey, thanks for making an assumption, bc you know what happens when you assume…

My bad. I retract paragraph #1.

#2 and #3 remain in full force. :slight_smile: Have fun with some other game. Maybe go check out their forums and post how awesome that game is compared to this one. That will probably be fun.

2 Likes

I am just now seeing this thread somehow but it is one of the best damn things I’ve read on this forum lol

Good job @Brobb !

3 Likes