Perfect riposte how to beat

New player, I’ve searched but can’t find answer. How do you beat perfect riposte? I basically try to avoid them once they receive it, but I can’t seem to beat it

2 Likes

The easiest way is a hero with deactivation enemies effects. Tyrum is first one with this ability. He is 3*

1 Like

Acquire a hero with enemy debuff, or avoid hitting the chars with riposte active until it wears off.

Or bring multiple healers, and just kill the riposte hero with tiles (using special attacks on heroes without active riposte), while healing the riposte damage along the way.

2 Likes

thanks for quick reply. Ive mostly taken the brute force approach with marginal success. Will work on debut hero. I do try to avoid, but they seem to keep refilling and I never make headway.

Belith, Tyrum, Sonya, Melendor, Caedmon are your standard despellers.

Belith, Melendor and Caedmon are green, so particularly strong against blue Boril.

6 Likes

Don’t forget Sabina, 4* purple :wink:

7 Likes

You don’t need to use a dispeller of a strong color. It works perfectly even for a weak color. :wink:

1 Like

Good point, yes I left that a bit vague.

If, for any reason, one was going to add an extra dispeller against a blue tank, one might consider an extra green.

But Sonya or Sabina’s dispell special works just as well.

Another good trick is to hit with tiles of the color of a hero who is already dead. The riposte won’t damage anybody still alive.

17 Likes

If I don’t have any other benefit - i.e. none of mine need immediate healing or I can’t kill an enemy - then I save the dispell special until the riposte is fired. Then immediately dispell it.

And laugh BWAHAHA

5 Likes

The fastest and most effective way is Wilbur, it allows you to kill him and the others without touching the ripostes.

1 Like

Not many new players have Wilbur. Also, even with his special fired it is not easy to avoid hitting three middle heroes, especially if you got a crazy combo at a time you need it the least.

3 Likes

Got a Evelyn but she’s not leveled fully. When I hit Boril with her after Boril fires, she does remove the riposte but still dies. Until she is leveled is that what I should expect. Riposte removed but I still lose her.

1 Like

3* Belith also can dispel the riposte

Zeline will also remove Riposte, likely at the cost of her life.

All 5* AOE will use their special skills against riposte covering three heroes, at the cost of their life…

Yes, the dispel happens after the damage from the riposte is incurred. Once Evelyn is leveled you will not have this problem since she will easily be able to swallow the damage and continue fighting.

Evelyn only dispels the targets she hits (three of them, or two if she targets the corners). If she hits all three riposte covered heroes, I kind of doubt she will survive… She would have to withstand three times 115% of her special’s damage which is 210% applied to her 700+ damage stat. So, the amount of damage returned would be overwhelming (around 700% of her high damage) That is a lot even for her high defense stats. It also depends of who the riposte covered heroes are. If they have high defense stats, the riposte output would be diminished, but it will get stronger if they have lower defense stats. So, I wouldn’t take the riposters dead on. I would target the flanks and take advantage of her fast mana to repeat that tactic.

Of course the idea is to hit a hero without riposte to dispell all effects including riposte from opponents team.

I believe Evelyn removes effects from only 3 targeted heroes which unfortunately means she has to sacrifice herself.