Path of Adventure not always giving points recently

Hey, folks:

I’m having to create a new thread for this topic as the previous was closed.

I’ve noticed I’m not the only one who completes various Path of Valor/Giants quests and is sometimes not getting credit for them. Quite a few of us had difficulty during the introduction of PoG with the “Summon or train an epic hero”; I was summoning ‘em and training ‘em left and right, but PoA wasn’t giving me credit for it. (It did, eventually, after several days of trying.)

Various other ones have done the same, not giving me credit for something despite my trying several different ways to fulfill the objective.

I guess today the PoA is working my last nerve, because I’m in here now to complain (and I haven’t taken the time to figger out how to contact the developers with bug reports; as well, I have no idea how (or whether!) they’re responsive to bug reports)).

The one that’s irritating me enough right now that I’m over here whining: POV has a challenge today to “Complete map stages or quest stages without using Special Skills.”

My first attempt, I did S2:1-1; despite the muscle memory of using SS, I managed to resist and complete the stage without once using even so much as a healer.

Didn’t work. POV didn’t show it as having been completed.

Next, I took on a very simple and low-level quest to find battle items. I sooo ridiculously overpowered the enemy that most of my heroes ever even got enough mana to be able to fire off their specials.

Once again, the POV ignored my victory.

NB: These problems started with the advent of Path of Giants. Before it was introduced, I never had a complaint about the POV the entire time I’ve been playing (all of 3.5 months now).

This is really frustrating; I find the POV one of the funnest and most rewarding parts of the game. Or rather, I did find it one of the funnest and most rewarding parts of the game. Now, I’m tapping the POV icon with trepidation, worried that once again, my work may not be recognized.

Given that we know when the problem started, it oughtta be a fairly simple matter to figger out where the problem is (famous last words!), and I hope there’s someone here who works with the dev team who can get this info to them so it can be addressed. After all, it’s something we’re paying for (well, I am, anyway, and as a disabled vet living on $505/month in NYC, that miserable $5 is 1% of my income. That’s not small potatoes to me; I hafta go without Hulu these days in order to be able to pay for the POV.)

The problem seems unrelated to OS or platform; I’ve not seen mention of version numbers, though, so have no idea whether those of us experiencing the problem are running the same version.

(As for me, I always grab the latest version as soon as it’s available.) (I don’t wanna miss out on any fun, or repaired bugs!)

Thanks for reading!

Oh, and if someone can tell me

• where to send bug reports;
  • whether there’s a specific form I should fill out (I’m a software quality engineer so if there isn’t, I can create my own but would prefer to put it into a format the devs prefer);
  • whether the developers are responsive, or are the types who don’t open the bug mailbox; and
  • whether there’s a bugbase we can access (so we don’t waste our time creating reports that already exist).

Thanks very much, and good luck on the Path of Valor/Giants, and may all your completed challenges COUNT! :smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve not had any issues.

I guess I was always taught to RTFQ!

Hope it gets better for you.

You have to re-read the quest. There’s a specific season and province that you need to complete, and sometimes you need to do it on Hard. I don’t recall S2 being one of the combinations. In fact, most seem to be in S5.

I transcribed the text exactly. This one didn’t specify a season. The ones that specify seasons, I don’t bother, because so far, they’ve been in seasons not open to me (mostly five).

As I noted, the epic hero one was a problem for others as well; it’s not just this one. There’s seems to be some sorta problem somewhere. Since my first day playing, I’ve had the POV pass, which is difficult given my income, so I make sure to complete these things, and that means reading ‘em closely.

The Epic Hero one specifically has to be TRAINED in your training camp or summoned in any of the portals. The problem for this for everyone was people using the HERO ACADEMY to train a 4*/Epic hero and it not counting.

Have you used a Training Camp or summon portal and received an epic hero and not been credited the points?

Next time it happens, give us specific examples and tell us what you did, it could be a simple oversight by yourself, a lof of these have stupid wording, like the “use 2 special skills in raids by slow heroes”, when It really just says to use 2 slow heroes in raids.

1 Like

If you have a screenshot, I would suggest you post it on the main Path of Giants thread: [Master Discussion] 🧭 Path of Giants (PoG) -- General Information & Discussion

You’ll notice that there is no daily challenge regarding completing a stage that didn’t specify a specific season and province.

I don’t want to bash you, but you obviously did not read daily tasks carefully.
Only daily task that might be misinterpreted is the one with two slow hero specials and the one with training epic hero.
Everything else works as expected

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.