⚖ Passive Balance Discussion: Disable Minion Abilities

This thread is for discussing whether the “Disable Minion Abilities” passive is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to “Disable Minion Abilities” passive. For that, please use the Lunar New Year hero topics.

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think “Disable Minion Abilities” passive is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think “Disable Minion Abilities” passive is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think “Disable Minion Abilities” passive is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think “Disable Minion Abilities” passive is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter “Disable Minion Abilities” passive ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the Lunar New Year hero threads.

3 Likes

Hello @PlayForFun very interesting poll and thank you,

For me it is way too strong … it should be a % chance of preventing minions,

This passive is an indirect nerf of all powerful heroes with minions : Waterpipe, M & M (already nerfed), Bera, Freya, Diochan …

Wiam31

7 Likes

We all know why the incredibly strong passive was created. I’m not saying it’s too strong but I don’t like why they put such hard to summon heroes out there with this power. Has a stink to it I don’t like.

17 Likes

I voted it being excessively strong – which is kind of odd to me, since in many ways I don’t like the current minion-saturated meta. If it was just providing immunity to the individual hero for opponent minions (like Devana does) I would think it totally fair. However, negating all minion attacks and side effects of all opponent’s minions is a huge advantage, especially since it is a power that need not be activated and cannot be dispelled or avoided.

6 Likes

My Feedback in Beta was this about this Passive:

12 Likes

I think it’s a great balanced passive. Time to move away from the minion meta.

7 Likes

I think it’s too much, the hero just literally has to be present to disable all minion effects. At least tie it to a special skill cast, or indeed make it last x turns upon activation…

… and especially on such hard to get heroes. Hello 0.8% summon chance :pleading_face:

7 Likes

Voted not sure because the ability is dependent on you or the defense having minion summoners, and it becomes completely useless if no minions are present. So the easiest “counter” so to speak is to not (overly) rely on minions.

2 Likes

The problem with this skill is that it is meant to punish a small number of powerful minion summoners. But by doing this, they fundamentally destroyed half of their meta. Summoners who have nothing to do with this (because we all know what summoners this passive are meant to affect) are implicated by it

This is such a lazy, Deus ex Machina way to deal with those problematic summoners. And that’s like what, 3-4 of them? I applaud them for not nerfing waterpipe and minimising damage with M&M. As much as we complain about these heroes and want them nerfed, I believe it’s important to keep the integrity of these heroes intact. But this is not the way to handle pipe and M&M, and even the new Sorrow. Create heroes that can handle them personally.

But to give them some leeway, the tiger and rabbit are not meant to tank on defence. Xiaotu is easily the more interesting one of the two, and even then she would have tons of counters. The only thing that’s keeping them from sucking more is this passive.

I am fine with this passive disabling minion abilities, as long as it affects both sides. It becomes sort of a temporary war rule like a minion equalizer
For Disable minion effects, there needs to be some compensation for those minions with either…

• Double their base health when summoned

-or-

• Nullify all ailments, negative stacks and additional effects when minions are killed by a special skill

So that this is fair across the board

6 Likes

This passive is due to minion’s effects going out of control and my opinion is that now that they got to this point it’s only right that there would be ways to counter minion’s effects.

They should make such effects more available, if anything.

8 Likes

Plus they’re moving the minion effects to passives like Luna’s so these heroes won’t counter that.

The passive isn’t that big of a deal. If the hero dies, the passive is gone.

I’ve faced them both with a team with waterpipe and won

Ive lost against a minion team with the tiger on my team

A big to do about nothing really imo

4 Likes

Will actually be interestimg for any top 100 guild to show if this passive does help to stop waterpipe and M&M to dominate as war tanks

1 Like

Full disclosure: I pulled Laohu and have Miriam and Midnight and Bera. No Waterpipe or Freya.

I am good with the passive as is. There shouldn’t be too many of these heroes out there, they don’t have crazy special skills and you can target the Lunar hero first if you absolutely want to bring minions on offense.

The war tank meta is going to be interesting to see develop.

Nerf the passive and these heroes lose all value.

7 Likes

Maybe it should be a percentage to disable minions if players think its too OP

1 Like

Xiaotu at LB+20 has exactly 1000 atk, and with a 655% multiplier, she is the single hardest hitting non-conditional sniper with a fixed charge mechanic. That alone makes her a good defender in my book, then the healing reverse secondary and anti-minon passive are just cherry on top.

(Nemesis hits for 680% at x3 charge but equals slow speed. Goseck can hit up to 700% but needs to be at ver low health. When this LNY rabbit fires, she will hit like a train unless you have buffs/debuffs on)

This game is infamously known to power creep their heroes in weeks. Who knows, a flat 655% on average would mean nothing soon to this game. Her ailment can still be priority cleansed away by lidenbrock/furdinand/Augustus.
And that’s not to say I don’t want them. Not because of their skills, but I think the artwork is just stellar. If they looked like cartoon caricatures, no way am I pulling for them

4 Likes

I think a lot of you are looking at this backwards. These are not meant for defense but rather offense to basically make some of the current popular new ones obsolete.

Hulda, Waterpipe. M&M, Lui Bei are all very popular but just having one of these on your team removes their threat.

Also, i noticed in equalizer ones that buff don’t come back unless new thrown so even if they die most likely it will take another skill before getting minion ability.

4 Likes

Sure but I mean we could extrapolate that to say Anne and Jove will also quickly become obsolete due to power creep and 550%/530% won’t be near enough (yes they’re AoE hitters I know)

What I see in Xiaotu is (on defense at least), there is a very high probability you lose one hero if she fires at you, since that 655% is no joke. So in that sense she fits her sniper-finisher role really well. Nothing worse than a sniper that leaves a fully charged hero with 40 HP only for them to fire back.

As far as priority cleansers, well yeah they’re hard counters to just about every hero, so nothing new there. The real question is always what does the rest of the defense look like, and can you afford to wait around to cleanse other effects off, or do you need to cleanse now or risk losing one or multiple heroes. In that sense Xiaotu is just yet another threat you have to be very mindful of.

1 Like

I tend to agree with this. If you bring a minion maker to a lunar defense, it’s on you. Like bringing a blue AOE hitter to a Mitsuko defense. Proceed with caution.

13 Likes