šŸÆ [Oct 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion

Finished the event around 6000th, few hours ago. This was the hardest event in game for sure and I enjoyed the challenge. Boost the rewards please and maybe less levels could be better.

Also, ninja hero artworks are too simplistic and lower quality.

1 Like

Another, Did you knowā€¦ :slight_smile:

Did you know if your entire team dies and you lose the level, any curses on the board still apply? Just lost another good heroā€¦

Doneā€¦ absolutely done lol

4 Likes

41 floorā€™s with only 4s
Today the 5
s will see some work.
Using bombs and small healing potion.

Kashrekk costume, Gullinbursti and LJ costume, without emblems was essential in some floorā€™s.

Itā€™s a event for strategic planning and not simply matching stones.

2 Likes

You know, I was wondering, why not offer some other things for rewards, other than emblems and battle items?
I mean, give us some extra free roster spaces (or gems to use on buying some); give us some food or iron bundles (they always come in handy). And I am sure there is plenty more to consider too

1 Like

pretty much my sentiments exactly - stressful to get through all levels, so definitely relief o have it behind me and pride in completing it.

If I did my calculations correctly, I add 165 Emblems, plus whatever tier reward I get (currently in the top 25K) and just enough Tower Coins (102) for 1 pull while boosting EXP, Food, Iron and Recruits as this was all additional energy.

I think Iā€™ll do this again the next time around, but probably wonā€™t use my more precious Battle Items and just see what I can complete that way.

1 Like

As a point of interestā€¦ Iā€™d disagree slightly on Locke.

I put her aside expecting her to be useless on later stages - then at the last few levels I was running short on healing and wound up resorting to green mono, which meant Locke went in.

I was expecting her DoT to get limited to itā€™s start and therefore provide almost no damageā€¦ On the contrary, it was limited to itā€™s end meaning it starts at the high damage end - much more useful!!!
(For those who arenā€™t familiar, Lockeā€™s DoT special is unusual because it starts from very low damage and gets higher every turn, culminating in a 400+ chunk taken off on the final turnā€¦ So starting later and higher up the scale was positively helpful!).

3 Likes

When I got the the 50th Floor, I was still trying to clear the curse stones and then it dawned on me. As long as I defeat this Floor, all my heroes can be doubly cursed and it wonā€™t matter - just focus on the best tile matches for my heroes and let the curses fall where they may. It was a huge weight off my shoulders. I think the Oni curses were a great idea, but it definitely ratchets up the stress. In the Tavern, you know you can only use each hero once and you plan on it, but in this event, you donā€™t want to lose any of your favorite heroes and when the curses, come itā€™s like someoneā€™s trying to take one of your family members. As much as it pains me to se a hero go down, with at least some of the burden on me, I think this needs to stay in the Tower to encourage different heroes being used at different levels and to force the use of secondary heroes when some heroes are inevitably cursed. Even with the curses, I only lost three of my most coveted heroes, but if Iā€™d used them from the start, it may have been more.

3 Likes

I thought this alsoā€¦ But then if Iā€™d got unlucky and died, with curses knocking out all 5 heroes, Iā€™d have had much less choice for a second attempt.

Turned out I neednā€™t have worriedā€¦ But I wouldā€™ve felt sloppy if Iā€™d played it that way.

Congratulations on finishing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I did the same at the beginning of 50th floor, played conservatively in case I couldnā€™t make it.

Then when I killed one boss and was close to killing the second, I became more confident I would finish the stage, so stopped caring about the oni curses :slight_smile:

Congrats to all who finished!

2 Likes

Exactly what I did. I think I managed to get 2, 3 or 4 curses because of it, but I had got that far and sure wasnā€™t giving up causing tile damage just for oni curses.

I asked this earlier, not sure if anyone knows butā€¦

In a single floor if ALL 5 heroes get 2/2 curses, do you still get to finish that floor - and then your heroes are prevented from moving on. Or, does it effectively end that floor because all heroes are cursed?

@Guvnor does anyone know?

1 Like

Loved this event, the only downsides being poor rewards. I think the could fix this fairly easily by changing the rewards as followsā€¦

Double the coins on every level
Level 10 complete: 30 emblems
Level 20 complete: 3* unfarmable mat
Level 30 complete: 60 emblems
Level 40 complete: 75% chance 3* unfarmable mat, 25% chance 4* unfarmable mat
Level 50 complete: 4* unfarmable mat

2 Likes

Curses do not impact your current ability to attack, but would be interesting to see if the game locked up as there would no longer be a viable hero to place an Oni curse stone on. Hmmm

So I reached lvl 50 without using too many expensive battle items and this is how I feel about it:

The GOOD:
I like the concept.

Itā€™s very challenging and you need to put a lot of effort into keeping your heroes away from being cursed.

I like how it reduces your Item slots, drains your life etc.

I like that you cannot keep repeating some levels. It is what it is.

Itā€™s not a quest everyone can complete and itā€™s OK, assuming youā€™re rewarded accordingly (which leads me to tha bad side of the coin)

The BAD:
Itā€™s extremely time consuming, especially considering you canā€™t play it in mental auto-play mode.

You can call me slow and some levels took me 8 mins to complete. I wanted my heroes alive and not cursed (only lost 5 heroes in the end)

Itā€™s very unforgiving if you lose a levelā€¦ I lost 1 of 50 and I canā€™t even finish the tower without using gems. Really? @this difficulty - no free replays?

And finally rewards. That is just a bad joke. Any event like Fables etc will reward you a loy more for completing 45 levels that are EASY compared to tower. Iā€™m not saying reward @ top 1000 should be blown out of proportion, cause most will not see those anyway, but some bits and bobs after every 10 levels would be very welcome.

So there it isā€¦ Iā€™m not going to finish this tower. Itā€™s just not worth it. Also I doubt I will invest any time in future towers as my investment of time doesnā€™t match rewards Iā€™ll be receiving in the end.

Thanks for interesting event, it really kept my full attention =)

3 Likes

thanks for bringing this up. also used locke in later levels, was too focused on the cursed stones than on the damage dealt, so did not figure this out myself, but just kept her in mind as being quite usefulā€¦ this brings clarificationā€¦

1 Like

Finished the tower with 19 of my heroes getting 1/2 curse. I did not lose a hero. I do not regard my bench as being deep but I do have key heroes as noted below. I only have 14 maxed 5*s.

From floor 21 and above, I had to use my 5s as my 4s and 3/70 5*s wasnā€™t cutting it. I used about 300 minor mana potions, 100 medium mana potions, 90 potent healing potions, and 60 tornadoes from 21-50.

From floor 21 and above, I used Guardian Gazelle +20 and LotL +19 on every floor. Depending on the enemy colors, I rotated between Kunchen +19, Bei Yeong +19, Malosi +19, C. Magni +19, Ariel +6, Marjana +16, J.F. +19, Frida +5, Margaret +6, Telluria +20, Wilbur +20, Sartana, and C. Boldtusk.

Having 2-3 healers plus Gazelleā€™s damage reduction and attack boost helped me save battle items. Each fight lasted between 6-9 minuets.

My strategy was to play the cursed tiles. If I couldnā€™t play out, then I used a tornado. I was very successful with this strategy but boy-oh-boy did I have to use those potions just to stay afloat.

MY TAKE ON THE TOWER:

I did enjoy the challenge that the tower presented and I had fun (for the most part). Next tower; however, I will not put much effort into it like I did this tower. The resources has taken its toll and the rewards are not worth it for me. There is very little return on investment. What does a good business person do when they arenā€™t seeing a good RoI? Cut your losses and move on. I foresee myself making it to floor 30 +/- before being ā€œcursedā€ out.

I have my bragging rights that I finished the tower and thatā€™s about it. Wow, Iā€™m really saying this but I want the tavern back!

1 Like

I managed to finish the towerā€¦ it was quite unexpected since I only have 6 5* maxed and I decided to use only 4* and 5* heroā€¦

Honestly, it was quite exhausting, and a little boring in the end (50 levels are too manyā€¦ after the first 20-30 they start to be simply boringā€¦) and above all the rewards are pure garbage. ToL is definitely better for now since, even though the rewards are even worse, it is shorter and not that difficult; so, ToL is a fun, quick challenge.

I did the whole tower this time because I was curious to see what floor I could reach, but this has to be seriously redesigned (e.g. improve the rewards -or- enlarge the curses a hero can get before being eliminated -or- give a reward every 10 floors. Moreover, a decent completion reward is needed). If it stays like this for sure I wonā€™t complete it next time!

I do not have Locke, but is seems like Onatel cases,ā€¦ 1st turn is 50% steal and the 2nd is 100% mana steal! Thats great for stopping mana, and with more mana generate bonuses Onatel can repeat cast fast, mana ready and cast again,ā€¦ steal again,ā€¦ and so on,ā€¦ :muscle: :+1:

1 Like

I finished the event with 1 hero fully cursed (Caedmon) and 3 heroes half cursed. I wish I would have tried to finish faster and let more heroes get cursed. I had lots of options for heroes by the end and was finishing the final several levels in 3-4 minutes compared to the 5-7 minutes I was doing in levels 25-40. Next time my strategy will be different. The rewards for my tier are poor, and I may not even hold it through the day.

1 Like

This is the first event where my entire alliance dropped out in the first two days. We are mostly levels 60 and above and have played the game for years. We all have deep and wide benches.

The reasons are:

1. This event is a bit boring. The Ninjas all sort of blend together.

2. Frustration level when you get impossible to remove Oni stones.

3. Rewards donā€™t make up for items 1 and 2. There isnā€™t even a special Avatar at the end to give you bragging rights that you slogged through it.

This one is a pass for me, and the other 29 members of our alliance. Please fix the issues before doing this event again.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t expect to finish this event, but I did!

Thoughts:

• Way too time consuming. Fun and challenge gave way to frustration and annoyance somewhere between the 10th-20th level.

• No flasks used except for the free inbox one. Finished with exactly 0 flags left on the last day.

• I used a lot of 3s and 4s in the earlier levels. I have about 15 maxed 5s, out of which I actually used only 8. Also used 3 who are at 3/70.

• I chose mana, lantern and attack blessings in that order. They really started kicking in from level 40 onwards.

• Level 30 to 40 was actually the hardest. Blessings hadnā€™t kicked in much. I was being very stingy with using heroes and avoiding any use of battle items. Around level 35 I gave up trying to reach the top and decided to throw all my 5s at the tower and kill them off

• I started the last day at level 40, 6 full cursed 4s, 18 half cursed mostly 3s and 4s except one 5.

• Won all levels from 40 to 50 outright. I used Hurricanes and Bombs from level 40 to 50. 1 or 2 of each per level. Blessings kicked in well. Two more 4s got fully cursed. I finished level 50 with all 5s alive.

• One team combo took me through almost all of the last 10 stages: Tarlak - C. Vivica - Mist - Joon and final position rotating between Atomos/ Elena/ Boril.

• I got Gan Ju with my tower coins for all that effort :roll_eyes:

• Done it once. Not sure if I want to do this. Ever again. Definitely not for another Gan Ju and some measly emblems.

5 Likes