šŸ“Æ Norns ā€“ Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

She isnā€™t designed to be used on defense.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m aware. I wasnā€™t asking about defense. I was wondering where people thought she should be placed on offense.

1 Like

Positioning in offence doesnā€™t matter much unless the hero is ā€œCaster & nearbyā€

The exception to this is obviously when you have an ememy hero who does ā€œextra damage againstā€ (e.g. Gravemaker you would want to split your greens up to decrease the chances) or has specific targets (e.g. against jabberwock you would want your tankiest heroes on the wings)

2 Likes

I have to agree with Ivy - Norns is a great use for Sorcerer emblems. In addition, adding her to a rainbow defense means each hero can have two strong attack colors. I was lucky to pull Norns and plan to max her. A full holy-dark team could be strong against all counterparts.

3 Likes

Yeah that was my question. Do you think sheā€™s ā€œtankieā€? Obviously the biggest concern is keeping her alive. Do you feel like she needs to be surrounded with support or can she stand aloneā€¦

1 Like

I would say she can sit anywhere in an offence team and itā€™ll be sweet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I plan to add her to a team that can provide a defense buff to make sure she stays alive. She does have good attack and defense scores - both over 700 without emblems. She shouldnā€™t be too squishy.

2 Likes

That would actually be a great change to her, as with other S3 heroes that do different things on offense and defense. If sheā€™s on the defense team, she should make the three hit attackers weak against the color that theyā€™re strong against.

3 Likes

I Actually consider maxing her over Onatel as my 5th yellow 5*. (Delilah, Ranvir, Joon(c) and Poseidon) As i use Ranvir only for cleaning on Wars i need a standalone yellow. While Onatel competes for emblems with Anzogh and Isarnia i only have Lady Locke as other viable 5* as a Sorcerer

Will use her in a 2/2/1 propably alongside Reds and Blues to have 4th counter team against grave/tellu/vela.

What i actually really like about her is the ability to offset stacking penalties. You use 2 colors? With Norns you get a 3rd color for 4 turns. Would love her to be fast though :frowning_face:

Propably she will fit in a team with Vela, Frida, Zim, Anzoghā€¦

3 Likes

so if i got it right, so she can debuff even harder a purple titan with guardian jackal? If yes - any1 able to send a vid? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

No, she would make the dark titan weak against dark which wouldnā€™t really do much unless you had dark heroes in your build but that wouldnā€™t make much sense.

2 Likes

Helps if running a rainbow team. Instead of only 1 color of tiles being strong, now makes 2 colors strong and none weak. Has its positives.

4 Likes

Yeah I was just answering his question about titans, wasnā€™t implying she had no value elsewhere.

1 Like

Iā€™m struggling to envision a scenario in which Norns on a rainbow team is your best option to fight a dark titan.

1 Like

@Benn I think they meant for map levels, thatā€™s where I get the best use out of Norns.

When using her in raids, I run C.Boldtusk, Sif, C.Elena, C.Joon, Norns - it stomps most non-Telluria teams, does OK vs Telly.

The only reason Iā€™d bring her to a titan is for her tile damage, which is pretty good. Her special doesnā€™t do much to a single target, and itā€™s unlikely you brought the opposite color to a titan fight.

1 Like

I questioned the part about titans because that was the context of the conversation.

I can definitely see that as a benefit, like a lot of the later S2 levels with holy/dark combinations.

Likewise, this would be a nice setup for dark tank/holy flank (old meta) and decent against the nature tank/ice flank of today.

2 Likes

@Benn

Pre-Telly, Kunchen was the tank I had the most trouble with, itā€™s ironic that now that heā€™s been dethroned, I have an excellent counter.

2 Likes

How has she worked out for you maxed?

1 Like

I posted some videos using him both with Tarlak and without here: ā„¹ Guardian Chameleon ā€“ 5* Nature/Green from Guardians of Teltoc - #45 by TWAndrews and then a bit farther down the thread.

Iā€™m maxing Norns right now, and Iā€™ll start comboing with GC and Norns once sheā€™s maxed. Early returns from using her at 3.70 are positive.

2 Likes

@TWAndrews

In summary - her special is best on maps and quests/trials

Sheā€™s good in a yellow stack but her special is difficult to use on raids.

3 Likes