Nobody cares about your titan. Higher 15* 16* wanted

Why not just join a top alliance then? I always see openings for top 100 on the recruitment section. I only have 13 max 5* and I would do just fine in an alliance chaining 14*.

And theres no way top 1000 alliances are dealing with 14*. I’ve seen enough top 100 alliances (lower end) still struggle with 14* so I wouldn’t think 14* make it out of top 200.

1 Like

My opinion has always been that ideally the ceiling should be removed and titans should scale endlessly. Now, the question is how much in game development resources doing something like that (or even just instituting new higher titans when needed) costs. I genuinely don’t know. But I suspect that might be what’s behind things being the way they are now.

And while I think improvements could be made to the titan system, I’m not sure how high that is on the list for me. It’s true that this would only really affect everyday gameplay for a very small percentage of players and for me personally is something of a distant theoretical issue since I get new heroes so seldom and have a nice stock of ascension materials already I don’t even have much incentive (or many good tools) to fight bigger and bigger titans.

So overall I would be more interested in seeing those game development resources first go into things like quality of life improvements that affect daily gameplay for a large percentage of active players

1 Like

All I’m saying is there was a ceiling that top alliances enjoyed and coasted on for a while. Now there’s a new ceiling that many players are just reaching. After a year of playing I can either enjoy this new ceiling for awhile, or it can be raised further again out of reach. It’s less about denying you a new challenge and more about the fact the very same new challenge existed last year and top players complained it was too difficult. 14* were removed and the ceiling was 12* until everyone was good and ready to move up to 14*. Ok well I’m now in the position those players were in a year ago. 16* will be too difficult. If SG had left 14* titans in when they were too difficult then I wouldn’t complain that 16* will be too difficult. But the fact top players had a year with 12* does make it unfair to us to raise the ceiling again. The majority of alliances will be unable to keep p with 16*. I’m not taking shots at you or any top players but this is just factual.

1 Like

I think that if there are alliances that kill so fast the biggest titans, sg should add bigger ones.
I don’t understand why not doing it.
In my alliance we kill 11* titans and I don’t know if we will kill 14* ever. For me it doesn’t mind if bigger alliances are killing 20* titans or 14*.
Each alliance have its own goals, and top alliances should have titans that motivates them.

5 Likes

I’m in a top 100 alliance already. But when I’m saying top players and top alliances I’m referring to like top ten.

Exacly in my alliance we are only 3 with 30+ 5* heroes… the overall average is 22 max 5*…
When the 14* titans were released we thought they would be significantly harder and we might have to pass one from time to time…
We are not even a top alliance…

1 Like

I’m trying to understand why raising the ceiling on titans would take away from other new features of the game. Titans spawn daily, so :woman_shrugging:?? Sorry I dont get it, as your entire alliance needs to be active to defeat higher titans.

I’ve been playing E&P since January, so for me, it hasn’t been about catch up, but more learning how to play the game. I found a great group of experienced people who let me tag along, and we’ve been growing together ever since.

Sure some of my alliance mates could join a top 100, or even a top 10 alliance, but they choose not to. We, as an alliance are currently hitting 11* with 20 people.

Lifting the limit on titan levels, won’t negatively impact us, because we are not ready for it, YET. We will get to 14*, when we’re ready to - congrats to those who are already there :partying_face:.

4 Likes

I want to emphasize I’m not advocating one way or another, but all companies have limited resources. If they are spending resources to develop stronger titans, that’s fewer resources to develop other things that may be of interest to larger groups of people. It may not be a huge development effort to create tougher titans, but they also have to build the loot options, and make other changes to support it. I have no idea what that translates to.

3 Likes

Just because it takes game developer’s time to implement such things and that’s a finite resource. They have mentioned before in the AMA that there are many things on their list of stuff they would like to get done but don’t have the resources to do. Or, put another way, choose to spend their developer’s time on other things. All I’m saying is I don’t think I would put higher titans or removing the titan cap at the top of the to do list

1 Like

It wouldn’t bother me if the titan levels were increased.

SG could limit the amount of work to be done by making normal 15* and 16* stronger versions of the current Rare Titans. Then design new Rare 15* and 16* titans.

Or make 15*/16* colorless so that they do not have a weak color to stack against and rotate through reflects on them.

Or titans that heal themselves. That would be uber-frustrating. They’d probably have to make it such that the titan can’t gain health after a hit lol.

The bare minimum would be to increase the levels and figure out the drop rates of the new titan loot tiers.

1 Like

For me that’s among the most valuable posts in this thread, thank you @Sarah2. Don’t be envious, just be happy for those who have already reached another limit with constantly beating 14*s, you maybe could even learn from them :grin:

BTW my alliance is also not hitting 14s, just took down the first 13 and look forward to growing on!

3 Likes

Sorry had to drive

You got Line?

@Dozer

1 Like

I do - I’ll say wuddup after work!

1 Like

If i have to be honest, maybe that “unfair” advantage striking 14* is old story.

That same top players, 1%, elite players, or how you call it, get more AM from daily offers and Atlantis portal (which they buy to keep up with every new interesting hero they want).

If they need an AM… they can buy it.
Just give them some interesting challenge.

Pass or not pass, they get what they want in a way or another.

1 Like

Sounds good. My line id is jrigs

I’ll help ya with whatever you wanna know

You’ll have to make a donation, subscribe to my YouTube channel, and join a special line club though

Lol jk, i cant even type that without laughin out loud

4 Likes

Here’s the way I see it. If you add a new feature that absolutely nobody can beat, not even your elite players, then it makes sense to me that the feature should be removed. If players are currently able to take on potential 15* and 16* titans then I would think it’s time to add them. The game should continue to grow as the players do.

I think that the issue was that SG waited too long to reintroduce 13/14* titans. But with the current addition of HL, which I dont use except to make harpoons, then a lot of players can be better equipped to face stronger titans (crafting prices are pretty steep tho). They added a building to help fight strong titans so all they’re missing now are the strong titans.

With all that being said it will likely be a long time until 15/16* titans are introduced into the game since 13/14* havent been around too long. You’ll still likely have some time to farm your 14* so there’s no harm in starting the dialogue now.

2 Likes

Which alliance are you in? Just out of curiosity

Wolves of Winterfell, awoooooooo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thanks, are you guys at war cap?

I’m not sure what you mean, what is war cap?