No criticism accepted

No one can freely express opinions… so all is good and perfect just the way it is!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Just as you are free to share your opinions, others are free to criticize you for holding them. Fair.

The headline seems pretty clear. And uninteresting. Another opportunity for ‘Pike analyzes threads that don’t really interest him’.

Since the headline is so clear, we’ll skip it and get straight to the actual text.

No one
That’s a clear statement. No exceptions are possible here. That includes you and me too.

can
So nobody can do something. That sounds sad. But what is it?

freely
It’s getting sadder. So no one can do something freely. We are all restricted in our freedoms! To do what exactly?

express opinions
Restriction of (in some countries) guaranteed freedom of expression! A sacrilege! But who limits us? And what is our opinion?

so all is good
Wait! What? We are restricted in our rights, but everything is fine!? Is that irony? I hope we’ll find out soon.

and perfect
Also perfect!? Come on!

just the way it is
That’s it. This is the end. Everything is beautiful and perfect as it is. Then what’s the fuss? And what was it actually about?

Did you expect information about who is restricting our freedom of expression? Or on what occasion? Or what opinion? Or a proof? Then you are probably just as disappointed as I am.

Tune in again next time when… you know.

26 Likes

You are not free to have an opinion of disappointment, this is clear from the post. The post is all good and perfect as it is.

(If I had to guess it was a reaction to the lock and hiding of the name change thread, but it’s a guess)

4 Likes

I feel that opinions are expressed far too freely as it is and should be snuffed out of existence. How can I freely express my absolutely perfect and true facts when others are ramming opinions into my delicate snowflake ears?

< / sarcasm > – for those who missed it

3 Likes

I don’t see where disappointment is the thing. I would accept ‘criticism’.

And that’s exactly the problem. We can only guess. And someone hasn’t posted for two years and then complains about the lack of freedom of expression? Without further information? I don’t say he’s wrong. But I’m not willing to guess or search.

3 Likes

Facts are meaningless. They can be used to proof everything!

What was sarcasm again? :thinking:

2 Likes

When I see folks saying they can’t speak freely I try to figure out what exactly they’re saying and how I can help.
Then you see things like this.
So I’m perplexed what this about.

As a general statement, criticism is welcome, but there are rules to follow.

8 Likes

Is time a crucial factor?! So… it has been two years, it takes time to observe, realize, analyze facts, count the money that you spend or have spent…. Two years… is that too much?

I always play by the rules… it’s a matter of principal, but… evidently the truth is not welcome!

Absolutely! I. Would never dare to state the contrary!

We have not had a @Pike analyzation in a long time.

This need to be a weekly event!!

4 Likes

It is a matter of the head of the school? Sorry but, linguistic accuracy is important for consistent communication.

Truth is not welcome when it contradicts my facts, dagnabit! Get off my lawn!

Or, alternatively, explain what this truth is that is not welcome. I for one am in the dark – and that is a freely expressed opinion.

1 Like

You observe and analyze for two years and then you just make a short statement without disclosing your analyzes and observations and without providing evidence? And what does all this have to do with the money you spent? I, too, am merely analyzing, because I am interested in facts. And though you hint at them, they’re completely absent. :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks, but it’s a hard job. :smirk:

2 Likes

You need to show proof and evidence of the issues.

1 Like

Disappointing… that is how it all started!

Isn’t spending money, an essential part of this game or do you play FarmVille ?

You don’t have to spend anything. And you’re still skirting the cliff of facts.